Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It shouldn't have been particularly surprising really. I mean by that point Arnie had mainly played hero roles hadn't he? I'm sure a lot of people guessed he'd be the good guy this time.

When I saw the teaser. I thought he might be a villain, but in the back of my mind, I knew something was up.

He only played heroes and this "new cop character" and "this time ther are two" were dead give aways.

Like Vintij said, "Trust me" and "Hasta la Vista Baby" were also heavily marketed. :lol

That should have been a dead give-away. He smirks in that part too. Bad T-800 just wouldn't have done that.
Well.. sorry. :pfft: :lol

Like I said earlier, I don't think I'd even seen the first film back in 91, so..

Anyway - who's to say they hadn't upgraded the T-800's protocol parameters by the second film. :huh

My wife and I went to the theater to see the movie, but when it came out on VHS I bought a copy to watch at home. My daughter was very little, but I was such a big Arnold fan she had already seen him in several films and knew who he was. We watched the movie with her and in the end when he gets lowered into the molten steel (dies) she starts to cry her eyes out because she thinks "Arnold really does die". My wife and I had to keep reminding her that movies are all make believe and that Arnold was OK and that she would see him again in another movie; it took about 10 minutes.

I miss my daughter being a little girl; she’s 24 and getting married next year.

While it's vaguely shown, T-1000 sneaking up on and killing the cop seems more villain than waking into a bar and stealing someone's clothes and bike while minimizing harm to them. Plus you don't typically find movies unveiling a villain like the Bad to the Bone shot. If Cameron wanted people to question who's good and bad, the marketing and editing needed a lot of work. It does seen like he wanted to but to be so off from really setting that up well seems unlike him.

High Quality :lol

642szq.png

:lol:lol:lol

That's awesome!
One scene that always bugged me, even when I saw T2 in theaters was the dummy-T1000 hanging from the police car during the Pescadero scape scene... it looks so bad!! :rotfl

Check @ around 4:40

[ame]https://youtu.be/MCyjDcxjnqY[/ame]

While it's vaguely shown, T-1000 sneaking up on and killing the cop seems more villain than waking into a bar and stealing someone's clothes and bike while minimizing harm to them. Plus you don't typically find movies unveiling a villain like the Bad to the Bone shot. If Cameron wanted people to question who's good and bad, the marketing and editing needed a lot of work. It does seen like he wanted to but to be so off from really setting that up well seems unlike him.

Agreed.

Man, that Bad to the Bone bit really bugged the crap out of me when I saw the movie in the theater back in the day. Still bothers me today. So campy and silly. So many amazing and awesome things in this movie, but the comedy really bumps me. I've always wished somebody would do an unofficial re-cut of the movie. Yeah, it's Cameron's movie, but if I was king of the world, my ideal version would only make a few tiny changes ... mostly trimming out the jokes. (Imagine how cool that opening T800 sequence would be if the classic Terminator theme was playing during that moment instead of Bad to the Bone.) (I'd also re-dub John's voice with a different actor. :lol)

But adding campy comedy seems to be a trend in many sequels. Especially when the first movie didn't have any. The Lethal Weapon series leaps to mind as an unfortunate example.

Something was pointed out which I was thinking myself, is watched theclipperking's video and I admit the original mms t2 will look terrible next to this. Skin tone is way off for a start, leather jacket now looks so cheap, lack of articulation, the list goes on. For people claiming the dx-10 is ****, I think you need to have in hand to see the comparison between the 2. This is my opinion anyhow, which doesn't reflect your own.

Something was pointed out which I was thinking myself, is watched theclipperking's video and I admit the original mms t2 will look terrible next to this. Skin tone is way off for a start, leather jacket now looks so cheap, lack of articulation, the list goes on. For people claiming the dx-10 is ****, I think you need to have in hand to see the comparison between the 2. This is my opinion anyhow, which doesn't reflect your own.

Hold the phone, something new looks better than something old

scaled.php

But adding campy comedy seems to be a trend in many sequels. Especially when the first movie didn't have any. The Lethal Weapon series leaps to mind as an unfortunate example.

Compared to something like Transformers though, T2's camp factor is way down.

I think Cameron is actually quite good at keeping it thin and spaced out.

Nowaday's it's terrible gag after terrible gag after fart joke...then serious...then spastic....

Skin tone is way off for a start,

The skin tone on the MMS is infinitely better than the DX. It's one of the main things wrong (perhaps the only) on the DX IMO.

I know the leather jacket is real but I don't really like the look of it. Yeah, the MMS 117 is fake ****, but it looked like real leather.

Nearly every photo and video I've seen makes the leather look wrinkly like it's suffered from water damage. There's just something not right about it, it's not smooth enough. My Enterbay T-800 has the same problem with it's real leather jacket. The right arm and back are fine, but the left arm/sleeve of leather is all ****ed up, just like these Hot Toys jackets.

The leather on my boots were all messed up too,

010-8.jpg

The fit and tailoring on the DX 10 looks much, much better though. So I'm not sure what the trade off is. A fake pleather leather jacket that looks better but is ill fitting or a real leather jacket that doesn't look as nice but has a great fit.

Damn, this looks so great. Only thing I'm unsure about is that Robert Patrick head as I think it looks incongruent with the liquidy body (kinda has a photoshopped effect, for me). Still, I preordered through Sideshow, just in case. Can always wait for these to sell out and then list it on e.Bay.

Why did they feel the need for the RP exclusive head? Is that the only reason for the seam at the neck? I'd have preferred a seamless model myself. And the pose is kinda limited, without a fist through that hole it looks like the T-1000 is taking a swing with an invisible bat. Meh, nitpicks.

Why did they feel the need for the RP exclusive head? Is that the only reason for the seam at the neck? I'd have preferred a seamless model myself. And the pose is kinda limited, without a fist through that hole it looks like the T-1000 is taking a swing with an invisible bat. Meh, nitpicks.

Agreed on those points about the seam, and the detailed head does not look good on the liquid mass as that detail would not be formed in that state, however I think its a hint at a upcoming toyfair exclusive t-1000. Thats the only way that head makes any sence and they did this before with the donut head disguised t-1000.

You would have thought the liquid nitro frozen T1000 would have been a no brainer for the pose.

I don't mind it though, still looks pretty cool.

Back