Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and i could say that, as it is not a quote from Kyle Reese, but a narrator's view (check the script link), and Cameron was the narrator, it is what he thought those days when he wrote "nobody else comes through".
later he forgave himself for money and people forgave him for a new terminator side :)
and today i forgive everything for a figure from the first page :)

:lol

I like the way you ended that. I concur. All is rendered insignificant by page one of this thread.

:D
yeah. when i saw those images, something melted in me for T2 )))

And with this the T1 equivalent once again seems highly likely. At least now we know for sure there isn't (if there ever was) anything barring HT from doing BD T-800s.

let it better be later. i still have to collect money for BDT2 after urgent buying of several intact T2s.
if they start producing T1s, i don't know what to do )

let it better be later. i still have to collect money for BDT2 after urgent buying of several intact T2s.
if they start producing T1s, i don't know what to do )

Same. I genuinely want no further T-related announcements till Summer next year at the earliest.

DX10
DX13
Endo 1:4
EB BD T-800

announced but not shown or only teased:

Police Shootout 1:4
EB Endoskeleton 1:4

Robocop
ED-209
Cain

Thats already a lot to potentially come out next year. I'll really be pushing me luck if I can manage all of that in my present circumstances.

Last edited:
It's great reading all the trips down memory lane as to how people first experienced these movies. Back in '91 I was 17 and on a kick to never watch trailers for movies I was really looking forward to after I had seen Die Hard in the theater totally cold. I literally had not seen one solitary second of footage, I just saw a poster of Bruce Willis holding a gun with the title "Die Hard" and assumed it would be some average shoot 'em up with the guy from Moonlighting so I went with my dad to a late night showing in the middle of the week.

I didn't know there would be a building involved, "terrorists," nothing. And it was amazing! Trailers so often just give you the flow of the whole movie and which "money shots" to anticipate when you finally watch the film. I'd never seen a theatrical movie 100% cold until Die Hard so I tried hard whenever possible to replicate that experience.

Well getting back to Terminator 2 I almost pulled it off. I did see the "assembly line" teaser which gave nothing away and then the first trailer with the semi crashing down into the canal. It showed some action and some shapeshifting metal guy entering a helicopter but I still assumed that Arnold was the bad guy. This was further established when I saw a quick TV spot (before frantically changing the channel) that featured Reese telling Sarah "You've got to save our son." I could only assume that the new shapeshifting Terminator came back as her former lover! I was fully expecting Reese to be fighting the Terminator again. :lol

So fast forward to opening night in the theater and the T-800 is seemingly killing the bikers in the bar just like when he needed clothes in the first movie but something happened as the two terminators approached John in the mall. Something about that good guy "Reese" Terminator that seemed slightly off, even sinister. And then Arnold busted through the doors with the roses and he started slowly cocking his gun and I literally remember sitting in the theater thinking, "wait a minute, he's gonna tell John to get down" and my mouth damn near hit the floor when he actually did!

I was so reeling for the next 120 minutes that my entire perspective of the movie had been so radically turned upside down. I had no idea where the story was going and was thrilled to see, in the same moment as John Connor, that Arnold was there to kick ass for good. The rest of the movie became one giant "Han Solo shoots at Vader's TIE Fighter" moment. And it just kept delivering and delivering and delivering.

I've ripped on the movie quite a bit for sanitizing the terminator and weakening the narrative set forth in T1 and having a "cute kid" and all that but it remains to this day one of the most profound cinematic experiences of my life.

Great story Khev! :)

I was also 17 when I saw T2 for the first time back in 1991 /1992 - IN THE THEATER.. yep in the theater. :D

Thing was, I went with some older friends who invited me along, & I had no real attachment to the character - or the first film, at that stage. I was wowed beyond words though - amazing film then AND now. So glad I went with those guys that day. :cool:

After the film, one of the things I remember distinctly was the stand up shooter game that was EVERYONE'S favorite video game at the time. "NO WAY HOSEA." :lol

The likeness of the DX10 is fine, but the eyes don't look right at all if he isn't looking straight ahead and the sculpt suffers from the same flat, waxy airbrushed look that all of Hot Toys recent releases have suffered.

You should watch Clipperkings review video. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

It's great reading all the trips down memory lane as to how people first experienced these movies. Back in '91 I was 17 and on a kick to never watch trailers for movies I was really looking forward to after I had seen Die Hard in the theater totally cold. I literally had not seen one solitary second of footage, I just saw a poster of Bruce Willis holding a gun with the title "Die Hard" and assumed it would be some average shoot 'em up with the guy from Moonlighting so I went with my dad to a late night showing in the middle of the week.

I didn't know there would be a building involved, "terrorists," nothing. And it was amazing! Trailers so often just give you the flow of the whole movie and which "money shots" to anticipate when you finally watch the film. I'd never seen a theatrical movie 100% cold until Die Hard so I tried hard whenever possible to replicate that experience.

Well getting back to Terminator 2 I almost pulled it off. I did see the "assembly line" teaser which gave nothing away and then the first trailer with the semi crashing down into the canal. It showed some action and some shape shifting metal guy entering a helicopter but I still assumed that Arnold was the bad guy. This was further established when I saw a quick TV spot (before frantically changing the channel) that featured Reese telling Sarah "You've got to save our son." I could only assume that the new shapeshifting Terminator came back as her former lover! I was fully expecting Reese to be fighting the Terminator again. :lol

So fast forward to opening night in the theater and the T-800 is seemingly killing the bikers in the bar just like when he needed clothes in the first movie but something happened as the two terminators approached John in the mall. Something about that good guy "Reese" Terminator that seemed slightly off, even sinister. And then Arnold busted through the doors with the roses and he started slowly cocking his gun and I literally remember sitting in the theater thinking, "wait a minute, he's gonna tell John to get down" and my mouth damn near hit the floor when he actually did!

I was so reeling for the next 120 minutes that my entire perspective of the movie had been so radically turned upside down. I had no idea where the story was going and was thrilled to see, in the same moment as John Connor, that Arnold was there to kick ass for good. The rest of the movie became one giant "Han Solo shoots at Vader's TIE Fighter" moment. And it just kept delivering and delivering and delivering.

I've ripped on the movie quite a bit for sanitizing the terminator and weakening the narrative set forth in T1 and having a "cute kid" and all that but it remains to this day one of the most profound cinematic experiences of my life.

Great story.

I wish I went in cold but I knew that the Terminator was the good guy and the T-1000 was bad. "This time there are two, Terminator 2".

The original "Building a better Arnold" assembly line teaser trailer is probably my favorite movie trailer of all time. It gives nothing away and it was just so damn exciting. From the mood, the music and the quote grab from the original Terminator, it just really appealed to me. Still does.

At that point I thought he was bad (who wouldn't). It would have been going in expecting another Arnold baddy only to be surprised in the mall hallway. The build up to that scene is still intense though and sometimes I do try and imagine it with the T-800 as the villain (in the bar, looking for John) and the T-1000 as a hero disguised as a friendly cop.

I love that exchange too when the T-1000 pulls up to the Voight's. He seems casual and friendly, "are you the legal guardian of John Connor"? I also love how in that same scene, the T-800 had been there earlier in the day doing the exact same thing. "Some big guy on a bike."

I had no idea where the story was going and was thrilled to see, in the same moment as John Connor, that Arnold was there to kick ass for good.

Damn. I never had that. At least I don't remember it.

You should watch Clipperkings review video. :)

Amazing the opposite viewpoints. Referring to the post you quoted I would have said if there were any wierd looking shots of DX10 its where the eyes are looking straight ahead.

Another really cool thing at the time, was the tie-in with Guns n' Roses & their video for 'You Could Be Mine'; the great song itself, snippets of the film throughout the clip, right down to Arnold showing up (in character) at the Gunners' gig - scanning the crowd & surroundings for his target.

Awesome!! :rock :lol

I love that exchange too when the T-1000 pulls up to the Voight's. He seems casual and friendly, "are you the legal guardian of John Connor"? I also love how in that same scene, the T-800 had been there earlier in the day doing the exact same thing. "Some big guy on a bike."

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myiE_3MyMmo[/ame]

Great story.

I wish I went in cold but I knew that the Terminator was the good guy and the T-1000 was bad. "This time there are two, Terminator 2".

The original "Building a better Arnold" assembly line teaser trailer is probably my favorite movie trailer of all time. It gives nothing away and it was just so damn exciting. From the mood, the music and the quote grab from the original Terminator, it just really appealed to me. Still does.

At that point I thought he was bad (who wouldn't). It would have been going in expecting another Arnold baddy only to be surprised in the mall hallway. The build up to that scene is still intense though and sometimes I do try and imagine it with the T-800 as the villain (in the bar, looking for John) and the T-1000 as a hero disguised as a friendly cop.

I was 10 when T2 came out so I never got that experience "going in cold". The first time I got to see the film was a year later on VHS and so the cat was out of the bag. Every now and then I think about what it must of been like to see that hall way scene without knowing. Same goes for Empire Strikes Back. Growing up watching those movies and not remembering the first HoLY **** moment. :lol

It shouldn't have been particularly surprising really. I mean by that point Arnie had mainly played hero roles hadn't he? I'm sure a lot of people guessed he'd be the good guy this time.

Back