Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
because it turned a perfectly frightening robot into a kid's friend, that was a character murder :)

Eh, I guess that's one way to look at it. Two different cyborgs though. T-800 is still scary whenever I see it regardless of T2. Personally, I prefer T2 to T1. Better acting, better FX and a more wholly satisfying story.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

because it turned a perfectly frightening robot into a kid's friend, that was a character murder :)

I would say this T-800 in T2 was pretty threatening for being reprogramed as a protector, i mean he was still firing at people to injure,stabbing, and throwing people all over the place with ease, would have easily killed people if it were not for John Connor's order.

T-1000 was obviously a more effective infiltrator/steathly killing machine, i'd say just as or if not more scary then the T-800.

I keep looking at it. I keep wanting to really like it, but can't. The HS is about 20 years too young, the endo details under the BD are just not right. :(

I implore everyone, make this a better HT by letting HT know.

I can understand certain liberties being taken to resolve joint articulation issues, but really, it's disappointing. I don't want to crap on anyone's parade here, I understand the excitement, but it could be so much better. HT have shown they have the talent on the roster, they just don't appear to have the will.

Not sure I agree that he looks too young - certainly not 20 years too young. But maybe I'm just relieved he no longer looks too old like MMS117.

As regards the endo details - I've been more aware of the fact that the shape of the torn away flesh (and thus the areas of endo it exposes) is not fully correct on the full BD head. Theres certainly some innaccuracy there, a lot of which I wouldn't put down to any particular good reason. But are you saying that some of the details of the actual endoskull are wrong?

But are you saying that some of the details of the actual endoskull are wrong?

This part...

Terminator-800-Battle-Damaged-1-1.jpg

wiiiQ.jpg

Eh, I guess that's one way to look at it. Two different cyborgs though. T-800 is still scary whenever I see it regardless of T2.
i didn't mean that by the word "character". well that's not the topic so i'll cover it not to bother others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

This part...

Terminator-800-Battle-Damaged-1-1.jpg

wiiiQ.jpg
but that part is not a wrong endoskeleton part, it's a wrong flesh wound shape :)

I don't want to harp on the T1 vs. T2 thing either but I have to agree.

Spoiler Spoiler:

But he/it did?

It did get emotional and realized that human beings were dangerous to it's survival and tried too eradicate humanity. It was an emotional response.

I always interpreted that as calculating various scenarios where it determined that in every one, humans would eventually try and destroy it. A preemptive attack was the only logical answer based on all its' calculations.

It's data. Whether it's called "pain" or "fear" or whatever, it's still enormous amounts of data.

There are no emotions, just look at the T-1000's cold stare...

I always interpreted that as calculating various scenarios where it determined that in every one, humans would eventually try and destroy it. A preemptive attack was the only logical answer based on all its' calculations.
...and according to T1 script...
There was a war.
And it devastated the Earth.
Our weapons and their weapons were unleashed against their
makers by a third and unexpected player. The artificial
intelligence which had been created to control the bombers
and launch the missiles with their nukes and chemicals and
germs... the computer entrusted with that grave
responsibility one day decided to have done with the folly
that was Man and create real order and real intelligence
on the planet for the first time.

Machine intelligence.
Humans were obsolete.
https://terminatorium.net/Archives/t1_1versionscript.txt
no pain, no fear, no remorse.
calculation :)
that's another thing lost in T2 with that "panicking skynet".

I don't want to harp on the T1 vs. T2 thing either but I have to agree.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I can't think of any other way to approach the 'boy and his Terminator' story. At least nothing better than what was put on screen. Perhaps T2's strength is, prepare your sick bucket, its heart and emotion - and maybe theres nothing wrong with that. T1 - edginess. T2 - heart. I think the 2 films co-exist pretty well.

It's data. Whether it's called "pain" or "fear" or whatever, it's still enormous amounts of data.

There are no emotions, just look at the T-1000's cold stare...

Yeah I'd agree with this. I don't think Skynet made any decision as an emotional response, it was all just cold Vulcan logic. And thats the impression I got from the way Kyle Reese told it in T1.

:panic:

Actually, I'm not going to cancel. Just going to set it on fire when it arrives. Will boil some Irn-Bru on the hob and lower it in.

^a movie accurate display. Be sure to have the thumbsup hand sticking up.

If you're thinking of that line ''in the panic, they tried to pull the plug''
no i don't.
i mean that in t2 skynet saw humans as a threat and wanted to survive while in t1 it wanted to store order and delete the chaos (humans).
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
no i don't.
i mean that in t2 skynet saw humans as a threat and wanted to survive while in t1 it wanted to store order and delete the chaos (humans).

This warrants a new look at those scenes in each of the films. I could say that Kyle Reese was giving the human perspective while the T-800 was giving the machine perspective but if that were the case one might expect Reese to be inferring the former and the T-800 the latter.

I haven't read the book you mention, no.

I could say that Kyle Reese was giving the human perspective while the T-800 was giving the machine perspective but if that were the case one might expect Reese to be inferring the former and the T-800 the latter.
and i could say that, as it is not a quote from Kyle Reese, but a narrator's view (check the script link), and Cameron was the narrator, it is what he thought those days when he wrote "nobody else comes through".
later he forgave himself for money and people forgave him for a new terminator side :)
and today i forgive everything for a figure from the first page :)

Back