Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That's definitely me

Yeah. It's definitely you.

91741-T2-gun-smile-gif-Terminator-Ar-hSTY.gif

It's been oft-criticized, but I really liked the humanization of the T800 in T2. It was an interesting direction to take the story.

Cameron's idea was to show that technology/machine is by its nature amoral, it can be put to use one way or another way. T1 and T2 showed that very well. The line ''I know now why you cry but it's something I can never do'' gets dismissed as sentimental when from the T-800's POV it was actually a statement affirming it's own lack of sentiment, it's inability to have feelings. Granted a machine kinda using a metaphor seems unmachine-like but that's the result of his learning too I would say. The T-800 has learnt to give the appearance of sentiment, to know when to do so etc etc - such as the thumbs up before he disappears into the molten steel.

Cameron's idea was to show that technology/machine is by its nature amoral, it can be put to use one way or another way. T1 and T2 showed that very well. The line ''I know now why you cry but it's something I can never do'' gets dismissed as sentimental when from the T-800's POV it was actually a statement affirming it's own lack of sentiment, it's inability to have feelings. Granted a machine kinda using a metaphor seems unmachine-like but that's the result of his learning too I would say. The T-800 has learnt to give the appearance of sentiment, to know when to do so etc etc - such as the thumbs up before he disappears into the molten steel.

Mimicry, but of a different kind.

The DX10 and the TTM20 are the same bodies and they work well enough with the DX13 head, though the neck will look slimmer. Don't know about the boots.

Thanks, I 've been reading here that the sculpt sits lower on TTM-20, I thought DX 10 would be different but like you said it looks like it is the same. Thanks for the info.

Hey guys! Maybe someone here has an idea and can help me...
I have a couple of dx13 heads, that are kind of damaged, one of them, had its eyebrows paint scratched and a little bit erased...
So, wanted to try and repaint them... But the thing is, as you guys know, the paint hot toys uses is very kind of matte... It doesn't shine or give any reflection...
What kind of pencil or marker or paint do you guys know of that would let me paint the eyebrows and leave no shine to it?
Please help!

Hey guys! Maybe someone here has an idea and can help me...
I have a couple of dx13 heads, that are kind of damaged, one of them, had its eyebrows paint scratched and a little bit erased...
So, wanted to try and repaint them... But the thing is, as you guys know, the paint hot toys uses is very kind of matte... It doesn't shine or give any reflection...
What kind of pencil or marker or paint do you guys know of that would let me paint the eyebrows , and leave no shine to it?
Please help!
it will all depend on your paint skills, but regular acrylic paint should work, then spray with Mr Hobby super clear UV cutting Matt sealer.

Hey guys, I'm new to these boards and Hot Toys collecting and I'm looking to get the DX13 Exclusive Version (alternate T-1000 head) as my first figure. If anyone has one boxed, new and unopened that they'd like to sell then please contact me. Sorry in advance if there's another thread for such things but I'm new here. I live in the UK should anyone have one to sell. Cheers.

Back