Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may well get groans for this but, as threatened - illustration of Hot Toys T-1000 **** up

Sculpting an accurate facial likeness must be tough. I don't doubt that for a second. But getting a hairline right - that's basic observational stuff.

To be fair, Robert Patrick's hair changes throughout the film.

Compare the back shot of him from behind in the extended edition where he's acquiring that car. The back of neck has the flat, squared off hairline at the neck. But then, compare it to when he's meeting the Voight's at their door and it's much more longer and triangular like Hot Toys (though not as full/thick). That's not even counting the color.

I think Hot Toys is more representative of the Galleria where his hair is much fuller and darker.

To be fair, Robert Patrick's hair changes throughout the film.

Compare the back shot of him from behind in the extended edition where he's acquiring that car. The back of neck has the flat, squared off hairline at the neck. But then, compare it to when he's meeting the Voight's at their door and it's much more longer and triangular like Hot Toys (though not as full/thick). That's not even counting the color.

I think Hot Toys is more representative of the Galleria where his hair is much fuller and darker.

I dunno, I don't think there is any accounting for the extent of difference on either the temples or down the back of his neck. I only noticed how wrong the sides of his head were pretty recently, I think while I was studying up on the DX13s hairline flaws. However the back, with how far down his hair goes, and into that weird point, I thought that looked bizarre from day one. And both the NECA and Enterbay sculpts confirm it for me, once again, HT just sorta makes it up when they're sculpting hair. Whatever liberties they want.

No doubt they don't look at any kind of reference. They wing it and go for an "interpretation" rather than real life.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...ch-savvy-cameron-refuses-smartphone/13582311/

HIGH-TECH LUDDITE
"I was the first person I knew to have a cellphone in my car in 1983. At that point it was intriguing. Now I just see it as a ball and chain. I don't want to be that available to the world. I don't want to share every single thing I do. I look around the airport, and every single person is oblivious to the world around them. They don't live in the moment. I've made a conscious choice to not spend all my time ... looking down at a device. I refuse to do it. So there you have it. I'm a Luddite. But I'm a high-tech Luddite."

HE'S TWEETED, BUT DOESN'T LIKE IT
"I hate it. I hate everyone else's tweets, too. They're boring. What can you say in 140 characters? I can't even clear my throat in 140 characters." Same goes for Facebook.
"I don't even have a Facebook account."
DOES OWN AN IPAD
He uses the Apple tablet on the set. "It's a good tool. You can have your previews loaded on it, cuts loaded on it. You can have the newest special-effects shots come in for approval. It's useful."

Well, when I have about a few hundred million sitting in my bank account, I can have that luxury of not having a cell phone attached to my being.

Until then, Im afraid my work dictates me of having one at all time, along with browsing SSF occasionally every 10-15 min or so.

d1e3f2b176c72e9abf57747dc3545700.jpg

c0f6d798c3811fee4009ca9f6a16fa6e.jpg

Hi all. Just noticed one of the vanity lights on the DX 13 stand is stopped working. I've turned it on all of 3 times and poof. Changed batteries with same result. Anyone have the same result or know an easy fix?

How do you guys get stuff so soon? You pay for super-fast shipping or something? I'm not expecting mine till late next week at the earliest based on my last transaction with Commando. Shipped on the 5th and we're both EU.

Also, pretty cool that he made his own unique packaging. Didn't know he was doing that....

Last edited:
*sputters* I went away on vacation for 10 days, but even so, I was trying to keep track of what was happening and yet I totally missed this release. I haven't seen anything in the Customs section for the grenade launcher... Obviously I missed something, but can anyone post a link for me to buy? Would love one of these.

Back