Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It wasn't funny funny. Just a minor coincidence that I just received DX13 parts (after a long stretch of buying nothing) while you (who also doesn't buy a huge amount anymore) had also chosen this time to resume the DX13 building.

Ah, then I DID understand it right.
:lol
Sometimes the language barrier IS there.

Yeah, resumed it kind of. It never cooled down.
I always look for non-expensive ways of equiring a DX-13, but over the past few weeks many, MANY movies have washed ashore.
And new editions of old ones and now they can finally be a part of my collection.

And, to make matters worse, I intent to buy World Box´ Sub-Zero.
Him and Scorpion are just must haves for me...

I think it's funny like he's holding it all bent out of shape and he obviously doesn't care what he's holding. It's a fan photograph and Cameron's just bein a nice guy. Doubt he knows hot toys exists. His accountants will tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it's funny like he's holding it all bent out of shape and he obviously doesn't care what he's holding. It's a fan photograph and Cameron's just bein a nice guy. Doubt he knows hot toys exists. His accountants will tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Only dorks play with dolls," sniffs James Cameron, seemingly oblivious to the world's perception of this:

cameron3282012.jpeg

You just know he spotted the inaccurate chest and knee battledamage straight away and the ****ed up hairline. Me and the Cam man, we know our $h!t. :monkey3

:dunno They're hopeless at it frankly.

I know it's easier to draw squiggly lines on a picture than it is to sculpt but other companies don't seem to have a problem. Windrix at NECA, Scuderia at Enterbay. Even that otherwise terrible Sideshow PF. Look at some screengrabs FFS. And not just one angle!! :gah:

:dunno They're hopeless at it frankly.

I know it's easier to draw squiggly lines on a picture than it is to sculpt but other companies don't seem to have a problem. Windrix at NECA, Scuderia at Enterbay. Even that otherwise terrible Sideshow PF. Look at some screengrabs FFS. And not just one angle!! :gah:

This :lecture

Pretty good, a-dev. I don't see any reason why they can't mold and manufacture it like that.

Squiggly spikes are difficult to translate into physical sculpt form perhaps but getting the hairline completely wrong and consistently ****ing up the length and general shape, just no excuse really. Other companies have done it well. Larger AND smaller scales.

The T-1000 by the way is even worse :lol It's laughably wrong in fact. We're always focusing on Arnie but Robert Patrick got a rough deal with that sculpt. I must do some squiggly lines for him aswell.

"Only dorks play with dolls," sniffs James Cameron, seemingly oblivious to the world's perception of this:

View attachment 131642

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...ch-savvy-cameron-refuses-smartphone/13582311/

HIGH-TECH LUDDITE
"I was the first person I knew to have a cellphone in my car in 1983. At that point it was intriguing. Now I just see it as a ball and chain. I don't want to be that available to the world. I don't want to share every single thing I do. I look around the airport, and every single person is oblivious to the world around them. They don't live in the moment. I've made a conscious choice to not spend all my time ... looking down at a device. I refuse to do it. So there you have it. I'm a Luddite. But I'm a high-tech Luddite."

HE'S TWEETED, BUT DOESN'T LIKE IT
"I hate it. I hate everyone else's tweets, too. They're boring. What can you say in 140 characters? I can't even clear my throat in 140 characters." Same goes for Facebook.
"I don't even have a Facebook account."
DOES OWN AN IPAD
He uses the Apple tablet on the set. "It's a good tool. You can have your previews loaded on it, cuts loaded on it. You can have the newest special-effects shots come in for approval. It's useful."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...ch-savvy-cameron-refuses-smartphone/13582311/

HIGH-TECH LUDDITE
"I was the first person I knew to have a cellphone in my car in 1983. At that point it was intriguing. Now I just see it as a ball and chain. I don't want to be that available to the world. I don't want to share every single thing I do. I look around the airport, and every single person is oblivious to the world around them. They don't live in the moment. They should all be gazing at me, basking in the glow of my pure, unadulterated magnificence, before promptly dropping to their knees and worshiping me. I've made a conscious choice to not spend all my time ... looking down at a device. I refuse to do it. So there you have it. I'm a Luddite. But I'm a high-tech Luddite."

HE'S TWEETED, BUT DOESN'T LIKE IT
"I hate it. I hate everyone else's tweets, too. They're boring. To tell you the truth, their sheer stupidity terrifies me. What can you say in 140 characters? I can't even clear my throat in 140 characters." Same goes for Facebook.
"I don't even have a Facebook account. Why would I even want to use it? Zuckerberg is but the student, while I am the master."
DOES OWN AN IPAD
He uses the Apple tablet on the set. "It's a good tool. You can have your previews loaded on it, cuts loaded on it. You can have the newest special-effects shots come in for approval. It's useful. But if I had designed it, it'd be a million times better."

There we go!

Back