Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the DX13 is underwhelming, then there is no point collecting any other Hot Toys. Considering that this is the best release they have to date.
...my opinion!

Some time ago the terminator had to take a s***t.. It came out as iron man... Unfortunately it started to have a life on its own and started duplicating.. Like a virus :(

If the DX13 is underwhelming, then there is no point collecting any other Hot Toys. Considering that this is the best release they have to date.
...my opinion!

Everyone has their opinions. What is underwhelming for me, is not for a lot of people. I am the minority but so what? To say that collecting is pointless is kind of far fetched. Though its underwhelming for me, I agree it is the best T800 to date. There is no competition. I personally still enjoy the DX10 a bit more. But hey thats my personal preference.

Also I collect Hot Toys other lines such as Predator, Iron Man, and Captain America, etc. My point of view on this single figure should not single me out of Hot Toys.

what is cool in that generic tinman?
no really. what?

rdju.gif

I can't work out whether this is supposed to be the BD T2 T-800 thread, an iron man thread, the 'buy/sell' section or the 'want to trade' section. Take your Iron Menz and your Premium Membership-dodging classifieds and sod off.

I can't work out whether this is supposed to be the BD T2 T-800 thread, an iron man thread, the 'buy/sell' section or the 'want to trade' section. Take your Iron Menz and your Premium Membership-dodging classifieds and sod off.
Oooooooooooo.....

jubupabu.jpg

Because my LEDs in the base where dead after a short time...I build in a new set...but with "orange" color for a more movielike look from the steelworks location..(sorry for the bad pics my camera cannot make good pics in the dark):

19160682ym.jpg

And that is the inside...in the middle I installed a mini constant current source..so the LED´s are having everytime the right tension for a long life.:wink1:

19160762jd.jpg

Because my LEDs in the base where dead after a short time...I build in a new set...but with "orange" color for a more movielike look from the steelworks location..(sorry for the bad pics my camera cannot make good pics in the dark):

19160682ym.jpg

And that is the inside...in the middle I installed a mini constant current source..so the LED´s are having everytime the right tension for a long life.:wink1:

19160762jd.jpg
Looks great! If you could achieve that constant power source to light up the eyes it would be even more SuperB.... Something like that with a remote control added to turn on the eyes and the base so you wouldn't have to mess with the figure... That would nail it [emoji41][emoji41][emoji41]

I feel inclined to think that they will neither make another T-1000 or rerelease the old one.

Just my feeling but at this point I'd say we'll get the die-cast 1:6 endoskeleton they talked about before, maybe the 1:4 Police Shootout T-800 figure they teased long ago. At a push they might make a Kyle Reese but I'm starting to really doubt that.

The superhero thing is just too big now and will be for a few more years.

And if they did make another T-1000, I doubt it would be all encompassing like the last one. They'd probably just go with one look instead of offering all of them in one, luscious gift package. They just don't put that much effort into regular releases anymore.

If they happen to go that extra distance, something like this that was once $170,

PD1340169363nCh.jpg

Would be $300 now.

Remember how that blew the mind. Don't think we were fully sold on the likeness but we never thought HT would pack in so much stuff. They thought of almost everything. One thing missing was a left hand sword-length stabbing finger. Other than that?

Very unlikely they'll be another T-1000, as the 1st release covers everything. I bought a 2nd body and head to display him on a bike.

Back