Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a-dev in the T1 is better than T2 school -

tumblr_lsxg97la1W1qjp7x5o1_500.gif

I prefer T1 and even T3 to T2. I know T2 has a special place for a lot of people, as it was such a huge hit and it's James Cameron, but I really feel they deviated a bit too far from what the Terminator was suppose to be. All the "boy and his robot" stuff got a little too heart warming for me. haha. Great film, but I have minor problems with it.

As for the toy itself the leather daddy biker outfit is kind of boring on the shelf, and the silver plastic T-1000 is a total waste of space. It's really well crafted though, but just not as cool as I thought after owning it.

T3 better than T2? :panic:

T3 is a parody/comedy of T2. It's just a copy and paste with "funny" additions. The T-1000 can't form complex machines? Let's attempt to one up it by making the T-X form complex machines :lol

In fact I decided a few years back to never watch T3 again, I only see 1 and 2 as official Terminator movies, that was all there was meant to and should be.

But yeah, if I had this figure the T-1000 would be staying in the box

Nope. That's my opinion. Parts of t3 are a little... tacky, but the overall plot and themes are better than T2 IMO.

The scene where he almost beats Conner to a pulp and says, "Desire is irrelevent... I am... A MACHINE!"

That's better than any Hasta la vista ******** in my book.

Took a few pictures with intention of selling him.

UzY6OL3.jpg

Ip43Fp9.jpg

Nope. That's my opinion. Parts of t3 are a little... tacky, but the overall plot and themes are better than T2 IMO.

The scene where he almost beats Conner to a pulp and says, "Desire is irrelevent... I am... A MACHINE!"

i respect your opinion but in my book a terminator talking about desire is just lame. there are just too many cringe worthy moments in T3. Yeah, someone is going to really keep an AP RO watch in the vanity mirror of a pick-up truck...gimme a break.

T2 has a viable context for everything T-800 comes out with in that film. T3 has nothing, just pandering to casual movie-goer expectation by that point. But anyway....to each his own. Sell the figure, you'll undoubtedly get a buyer.

T2 has a viable context for everything T-800 comes out with in that film. T3 has nothing, just pandering to casual movie-goer expectation by that point. But anyway....to each his own. Sell the figure, you'll undoubtedly get a buyer.

So speaking to the heart of what the terminator actually is is pandering?
He's a killing machine, not a pet.

I think T3 set all that straight.

"I now know why you cry" is so lame it makes me really cringe.
People don't question the bad parts of T2 because it was so popular at the time, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

So speaking to the heart of what the terminator actually is is pandering?
He's a killing machine, not a pet.

I think T3 set all that straight.

"I now know why you cry" is so lame it makes me really cringe.
People don't question the bad parts of T2 because it was so popular at the time, but that doesn't mean it's not there.

He doesn't kill anyone in T3 either. And he arrives in the 'past' with a personality, all this psychology crap, from the start. There's no gradual development there. T2 T-800 doesn't have any of this until exposure to a human child makes him learn it. Now if you think that fact is inherently a bad thing then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but, man, I can at least partially understand why people will say T1 is better than T2 but to say that T3 is better than T2?

Does everybody have to reply with memes and gifs on this forum? It's a little annoying haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBgeEa3t-uA

People only like T2 because it has a higher production value and Cameron was attached, it's pretty cheesy. The action scenes were some of the best ever filmed at that point, but the plot is still pretty weak at times.

The point is that even if he learned from a child he wouldn't suddenly start acting with emotions and sentiment.
"I need a vacation." is just as bad as "Talk to the hand."

The first Terminator is a mix of horror film and science fiction. The third movie also has a nice B movie feel to it.
T2 is a feel good summer flick, but Cameron went too far with all the family stuff.

Gakken85
i'm a known T2 hater here, you haven't met a person who despises T2 more. and i agree with you that T3 terminator was more "terminator" than T2.
but the movie itself still sucked some kids balls, it was totally for 10+ audience.
T2 movie was like an old greybeard trying to remind he was cool once (long ago). greybeards met it with pleasure, and kids just need explosions, it suited them all.
T3 movie is like some hip hop dumbass saying "i have chicks". it sucked.
=============
and yes all those T2 lovers above are overprotective and wrong. :lol

Gakken85
i'm a known T2 hater here, you haven't met a person who despises T2 more. and i agree with you that T3 terminator was more "terminator" than T2.
but the movie itself still sucked some kids balls, it was totally for 10+ audience.
T2 movie was like an old greybeard trying to remind he was cool once (long ago). greybeards met it with pleasure, and kids just need explosions, it suited them all.
T3 movie is like some hip hop dumbass saying "i have chicks". it sucked.
=============
and yes all those T2 lovers above are overprotective and wrong. :lol

NYlie.gif

I prefer T1 and even T3 to T2. I know T2 has a special place for a lot of people, as it was such a huge hit and it's James Cameron, but I really feel they deviated a bit too far from what the Terminator was suppose to be. All the "boy and his robot" stuff got a little too heart warming for me. haha. Great film, but I have minor problems with it.

As for the toy itself the leather daddy biker outfit is kind of boring on the shelf, and the silver plastic T-1000 is a total waste of space. It's really well crafted though, but just not as cool as I thought after owning it.

T2 is the better movie but T3 has some of the best action scenes in the whole series. I love that you can "feel" the weight of the two Terminators also. It was the only film to really do that and I thought it was cool. But I did not care for John and his Gf. The film also felt like a TV movie at times.

None of them touch T1 IMO. Not even close.

The weight thing was a flaw in T3, not a strength. T-800s aren't supposed to be inordinately heavy. In T1 Matt (Ginger's boyfriend) was actually able to push the T-800 around a bit. I think P. could elaborate more on that.

He doesn't kill anyone in T3 either. And he arrives in the 'past' with a personality, all this psychology crap, from the start. There's no gradual development there. T2 T-800 doesn't have any of this until exposure to a human child makes him learn it. Now if you think that fact is inherently a bad thing then I guess we'll have to agree to disagree but, man, I can at least partially understand why people will say T1 is better than T2 but to say that T3 is better than T2?

That was made better in the Extended Version. They reprogramed the chip so he could learn to be more human. I hated the original version which WAS a child teaching a unfeeling robot.

I think I have to watch T3 again. I don't remember all the chatty parts. I remember hating a few gags... Might be time to watch the whole series again.

Back