Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty cool. So who built it? Anyone we know?

No , he isn't on sideshow. If anybody wants one let me know, might be enough material for a few, I'll ask.... I think it's $175 plus shipping..,,,, again he might not even want to do ,, but I'll ask.

I love this figure! I got soo lucky and found one at a Hastings in Texas while visiting the inlaws. This place is my goldmine. Got my Avengers Loki there a few months after he was sold out everywhere else and now was able to land this guy months after he's sold out everywhere!:yess::panic:

Hastings in Amarillo? I been seeing a lot of high end collectibles in there glass cases recently.

Hastings in Amarillo? I been seeing a lot of high end collectibles in there glass cases recently.

Well maybe it's Amarillo or maybe not. I'll just say it's in Texas LOL. I don't want to give away my goldmine. But yeah Hastings always have a small case of HT figures.

So, after several months of owning this guy and agonising back and forth over whether or not I was going to open him and keep him, or sell him on and get the upcoming T1 Battle Damaged/Police Station figure, I finally decided to go ahead and take the plunge. And boy do I feel stupid for not doing it sooner!

As soon as I opened the box and saw his face and clothes I was so totally happy that I couldn't believe how long I'd had him just sitting there!

Anyway, here's some quick phone pics, one with eye light off and one on. All due credit to Jokes & Bats for the pose inspiration (see here). I always knew I wanted to have full Battle Damage on - missing arm, messed up head etc - and the grenade launcher, but without being able to lie him down as if riding on that massive cog, I didn't know quite how to stand him. This works nicely, I think.

Light off:
image.jpg

Light on:
image-1.jpg

On a side note, with the light up eye does this fall under the category of "figures with internal batteries to be wary of"? Having not had an Iron Man or anything yet, but read a lot of the forums, there seems to be a lot of stuff about corrosion going around. Is this just a problem that goes on forever, or is it just with the batteries that Hot Toys include, or what? Does it only happen after a certain amount of use... or non-use? I've never really understood what goes on there.

On ANOTHER side note, I just noticed looking at other pics that I'm missing one of the little stud fastners from the left (his right) lapel of my battle damaged jacket. I thought maybe it was deliberate, but clearly not. BOOOOOO! :(

On a side note, with the light up eye does this fall under the category of "figures with internal batteries to be wary of"? Having not had an Iron Man or anything yet, but read a lot of the forums, there seems to be a lot of stuff about corrosion going around. Is this just a problem that goes on forever, or is it just with the batteries that Hot Toys include, or what? Does it only happen after a certain amount of use... or non-use? I've never really understood what goes on there.

I like the pose. A well executed simple pose.

I've no idea about the batteries and corrosion though.

Any updates on that custom 3rd party Cyberdyne Gas Grenade Launcher?

Good question. That's a must buy if it ever comes to be.

Back