Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it common to have that white line on his pants on his right thigh?

I've seen a few people with it and the first pair of pants I received today has it as well.

Are you talking about the seam? One of mine has some weathering painted across it and my other has the white weathering just to the left of the seam.

Are you talking about the seam? One of mine has some weathering painted across it and my other has the white weathering just to the left of the seam.

No not on the seam but on the actual pants. You can see it on the right thigh on this picture of P.'s. The diagonal white line.

T2_arm_tearup_02_zps6cf76740.jpg~original

Seems like a manufacturing error.

I can see that on all of mine to varying degrees...it is indeed a white line - looks to be a bit of weathering.

A simple acrylic black wash on the white line got rid of mine. You can't even tell it was ever there. Just don't go heavy on the paint, or it will effect the material.

Thanks for the replies guys. Seems pretty common then. I actually painted a black wash over the line before I saw your post DEATHASYLUM, all is good again. Just waiting for my complete DX13 to arrive from BBTS now (I got an extra body and clothes to make a second one, this figure is too nice to leave one of the heads in the box).

checked three standing figures, no one has that stripe.
didn't check the lying down figure.
today i'll get a sixth and check it too.
as for me, it doesn't bother me at all, as my plan is to put lots of grey/brown spots on BD clothes anyway, i just must defeat my laziness, which doesn't even fight back but simply overwhelms everything ))

Thanks for the replies guys. Seems pretty common then. I actually painted a black wash over the line before I saw your post DEATHASYLUM, all is good again. Just waiting for my complete DX13 to arrive from BBTS now (I got an extra body and clothes to make a second one, this figure is too nice to leave one of the heads in the box).
Great :)

checked three standing figures, no one has that stripe.
didn't check the lying down figure.
today i'll get a sixth and check it too.
as for me, it doesn't bother me at all, as my plan is to put lots of grey/brown spots on BD clothes anyway, i just must defeat my laziness, which doesn't even fight back but simply overwhelms everything ))

How many full figures have you bought now? I bought 4. The rest parts. 6 figures total and my crawling T-800 isn't even an actual DX13 for the most part - just the head, jacket, right hand, left arm and bandolier.

I have some bits for a 7th and 8th but might not actually go so far as the 8th.

How many full figures have you bought now? I bought 4. The rest parts. 6 figures total and my crawling T-800 isn't even an actual DX13 for the most part - just the head, jacket, right hand, left arm and bandolier.

I have some bits for a 7th and 8th but might not actually go so far as the 8th.
i bought only 3 complete figures, the rest are spare parts. i'll have 6 full variants and a plan for arm/head sticking out of lava, though i don't know how to do that.
normally i put 1 figure for 1 change of looks or accessories. i don't go for every memorable scene, because i just don't have enough space for that.
but this BD figure became an exclusion, as its looks don't change in 3 figures: a rod through the body, a final grenade shot, a goodbye scene (which i will assemble today). so the only thing they will differ is positioning, and unlike T1, T2 gives more different poses: a beaten terminator, a final attack terminator and a terminator chatting with humans about his chip.

so, as you're planning for 8 figures, you'll remain ahead of me with my 6 and a head )
also, if you bought 4 complete figures, it means 8 heads to find their places, so you will go for 8 variants eventually anyway ))) that's how it was for me - i have no spare parts now except for tons of grenades and palms. and M16s which aren't used on my figures at all, except for the SWAT variant which has it on its back inaccurately to the movie, just for a cool look.

what was your most absurd purchase of parts? for me it was a non-damaged grenade launcher to put it into a weapons bag (for the "arriving to cyberdyne" scene) where nobody even sees it )))
it sounds like a purchase for a DX10 figure, but it's not so, because it was already there but was taken out for the "scanning" scene of DX13.
purchasing several sets of MMS117 boots could be called absurd, too, but it's not, as figures made from parts needed some boots anyway, and of course they had to be MMS117, not DX13.

Last edited:
i bought only 3 complete figures, the rest are spare parts. i'll have 6 full variants and a plan for arm/head sticking out of lava, though i don't know how to do that.
normally i put 1 figure for 1 change of looks or accessories. i don't go for every memorable scene, because i just don't have enough space for that.
but this BD figure became an exclusion, as its looks don't change in 3 figures: a rod through the body, a final grenade shot, a goodbye scene (which i will assemble today). so the only thing they will differ is positioning, and unlike T1, T2 gives more different poses: a beaten terminator, a final attack terminator and a terminator chatting with humans about his chip.

so, as you're planning for 8 figures, you'll remain ahead of me with my 6 and a head )
also, if you bought 4 complete figures, it means 8 heads to find their places, so you will go for 8 variants eventually anyway ))) that's how it was for me - i have no spare parts now except for tons of grenades and palms. and M16s which aren't used on my figures at all, except for the SWAT variant which has it on its back inaccurately to the movie, just for a cool look.

what was your most absurd purchase of parts? for me it was a non-damaged grenade launcher to put it into a weapons bag (for the "arriving to cyberdyne" scene) where nobody even sees it )))
it sounds like a purchase for a DX10 figure, but it's not so, because it was already there but was taken out for the "scanning" scene of DX13.
purchasing several sets of MMS117 boots could be called absurd, too, but it's not, as figures made from parts needed some boots anyway, and of course they had to be MMS117, not DX13.

You know me well. You're right, having any spare parts, particularly headsculpts and bodies, increases the temptation to go and make another figure with them. I hope to avoid that though. There's few scenes now that I would do on top of what I have right now. I can think of only these:

-T-800 firing M16 through Tanker windshield (will never do unless I have a 1:6 truck)
-Arm stuck in gears (which I definitely want to do - would be DX13 figure number 7)
-Hasta La Vista
-T-800 and John holding Sarah up as they go through steel mill
-Full BD T-800 for either ''I know now why you cry..'' or actually being lowered into molten steel (I have a figure for one of these already, any extra figure would be for the other one)

So really of those possibilities I may choose one or the other of the last one, therefore not creating an extra figure. The only definite is the T-800 with arm stuck in gears. With or without a diorama I want to recreate that scene somehow. Obviously with a diorama would be most ideal.

As for insane parts purchases - nothing in particular I don't think, just the quantities I went for because of all the different bashes. I mean it isn't cheap is it. I've never kept track of what extra bits I've bought on ebay for fear of how much money I've spent. Replacing all the DX10 leathers and some of the DX13 jackets with MMS117 stuff would have been frighteningly expensive, considering its just clothes for action figures.

The other day I bought another Tech Noir jacket and 2 more black punk vests for future bashes. When I checked the amount in the currency converter I couldn't believe what I was thinking about forking out for tiny clothes. I went ahead with it :lol but I'm finding it harder and harder to justify - I had spent a few days thinking about it. Previously I would just blindly add to cart/confirm purchase/done.

When I checked the amount in the currency converter I couldn't believe what I was thinking about forking out for tiny clothes. I went ahead with it :lol but I'm finding it harder and harder to justify - I had spent a few days thinking about it. Previously I would just blindly add to cart/confirm purchase/done.
oh that problem of 1/6 clothes. sometimes they cost like real ones! :gah:
i tried to get extra clothes "just in case" while they were cheap. and it always ended with getting extra bodies. infinite loop )))

Its so easy to click 'buy' when you're not physically handing over the cash amount and when no one can see you do it. If I went into a shop and saw these parts at the prices they are I would not spend the money.

Its so easy to click 'buy' when you're not physically handing over the cash amount and when no one can see you do it. If I went into a shop and saw these parts at the prices they are I would not spend the money.

Totally agreed. My click rate decreased a bit this month as i and my wife have our own 1/4 scale baby doll which is 5 days old. So lot of money is going there and somehow these figures still seem so tempting.

Back