Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies if this was already posted in this thread:

Superterminator.jpg

I'm pretty sure I saw this mentioned a while back but can't find the post now: I'm getting some sort of leakage, seemingly, from the little foam pad behind the chin of the full BD head and am worried about the effect it'll have on the neck. I keep having to wipe away the residue. Should I remove the foam? I know Hot Toys have had leaking problems in the past but I've never dealt with it personally.

Wait what?? This figure has an oily leaking problem?

Does the grenade launcher open up like it's being reloaded? If I recall right, this opened like a shotgun in the movies...

Yep. There is also an extra grenade in the chamber lol

Bri

Sweet! Thanks. I'm planning out my pose once he gets here wednesday. Thinking about having the launcher opened up in one arm like you'd hold a shotgun, and the M16 in firing pose in the other.

Anyone know enough about the back-story to answer an old question of mine, which is had the T-800 in T2 not lowered himself into the lava could his skin have been fixed so that he could move around in public again without looking odd? Healing bullet holes is one thing, growing a new eye seems entirely different.

SAnyone know enough about the back-story to answer an old question of mine, which is had the T-800 in T2 not lowered himself into the lava could his skin have been fixed so that he could move around in public again without looking odd? Healing bullet holes is one thing, growing a new eye seems entirely different.

It could have worked(Even prosthetics could have been used for him to look more normal), but by going into the lava, the idea was they were destroying all evidence of Skynet in the past(Like they did in Cyberdyne), hopefully stopping Skynet from being built in the first place.

Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Fi...

For people in the UK, what can I buy that's rubbing alcohol or the equivalent to take some of the blood off the endo parts

And vodoun, In The second pic the semi bd looks soo pissed off haha

Like he smelt a really bad fart and is actually a bit mad/disgusted

I really want an endo.

Great pics. I love the lighting.

For people in the UK, what can I buy that's rubbing alcohol or the equivalent to take some of the blood off the endo parts

It will be hardened paint. The only thing i can think of will be acetone. But that could take off other paint too if you weren't careful...

Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Fi...

Great pics. I love the lighting.

It will be hardened paint. The only thing i can think of will be acetone. But that could take off other paint too if you weren't careful...

Thanks Barry

I think a few have already done this method with success, apparently the blood comes of pretty well with a q-tip and the chrome stays put

I'm gonna try on the patch on the back of his head to test the water first

Re: Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Fi...

And vodoun, In The second pic the semi bd looks soo pissed off haha

Like he smelt a really bad fart and is actually a bit mad/disgusted

I'm not in the UK, but I know non-acetone nail polish remover has been successful at removing paint. You may want to test it first though. I'm not sure what would prevent this sort of thing from removing the silver paint too.

Have only a handful of people done this?

A lot of pictures I've seen the chrome stands out and I'd figured people were just removing some of the paint

I would tread lightly with the acetone.
The reason alcohol works is because it just pushes the paint around. Acetone will break it down.

The reason alcohol works is because it just pushes the paint around. Acetone will break it down.

Right, hence the non-acetone nail polish remover. I suspect it's different in that way, since I've seen people using it on numerous paint modification projects. However, I would be cautious/fearful if the silver paint might be the same type as the blood. I'm not sure what paint non-acetone nail polish remover will strip and what it leaves alone. Perhaps it's best to ignore my suggestion really. I tend to err on the side of caution and live with this sort of thing rather than risk messing it up. In my experience, I'd recommend just living with the blood.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ADc2RZcP_8[/ame]

Safe.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVjjvSaQeew[/ame]

Back