Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - DX - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Im not really arguing the value vs price here. Its more of a Aw shucks....figures are now at that $300 point.

Thats all. Im still getting this for sure, like I said, I would still be on board even if it was at $400. Not many releases could grab me by the nuts like this release. This is a big one for me. I mean HUGE.

Re: Hot Toys - DX - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

For the price debate it's simple, $300 for a final battle T2 T800 and very few other character is fine but not for 95% of characters out there.

Naw if it was $400 I'd go with the EB T-800 or just pass entirely. I'm capping off at this price point for 1/6 scale. Only thing that could push me over would be some super dooped crazy awesome DX Superman.

Im not really arguing the value vs price here. Its more of a Aw shucks....figures are now at that $300 point.

Thats all. Im still getting this for sure, like I said, I would still be on board even if it was at $400. Not many releases could grab me by the nuts like this release. This is a big one for me. I mean HUGE.

I don't think every release will get to the $300 mark right away. Star Wars is a nut-grabber. A BD Terminator is also one. So would a Joker with everything on it. Beyond that, they have to be very careful or include a ton of extras.

I don't know why people think this price is steep, it has a lot of accessories and if anything, I was expecting a higher price as this is probably everyone's grail on the A&R section. I can't wait to get this and the DX11 ordered. Decided on getting this and breaking my rule of 1 figure per franchise

Last edited:

I don't know why people think this price is steep, it has a lot of accessories and if anything, I was expecting a higher price as this is probably everyone's grail on the A&R section. I can't wait to get this and the DX12 ordered. Decided on getting this and breaking my rule of 1 figure per franchise

Yeah, the two heads and the liquid metal dude pretty much told me this was over $300 easy.

I don't think every release will get to the $300 mark right away. Star Wars is a nut-grabber. A BD Terminator is also one. So would a Joker with everything on it. Beyond that, they have to be very careful or include a ton of extras.

:exactly::goodpost::yess:

This makes the DX11 seem like a decent value, in a roundabout way.

Desensitization.

The price IS a lot when you put things into perspective. It is steep and a little outrageous. Affordable or not, $300+ for a 12" figure is nuts. I remember when I thought $200/$200+ was too much (and I still do). I really don't like how these are seemingly priced on a whim. Hot Toys has quite a few lines, DX, reg. MMS, vehicles, etc. and they should all have uniformed prices for specific lines. Not, "oh this one comes with more lights and accessories, charge more". Obviously characters like Hulk or Iron Monger or Avaterd's would be exceptions, but for the most part, it should be pretty uniformed. Licenses be damned.

But everything is going up in price, at least around here and it's just getting worse.

Give it time and I'm sure it'll be, "well, $400 isn't bad, could be $500".

There's no other option though for a high end collectible 1/6 Battle Damaged T-800 so it's either, put up or shut up. I wouldn't say $300+ is fair though, most of us are just desensitized or don't give a ****.

I don't know why people think this price is steep, it has a lot of accessories and if anything, I was expecting a higher price as this is probably everyone's grail on the A&R section. I can't wait to get this and the DX12 ordered. Decided on getting this and breaking my rule of 1 figure per franchise

Jack, please change your sig. I'm trying to work up the willpower to cancel DX11. :monkey2 :wink1:

The good thing about the dx10 is that the sculpt and body all updated so it matches nicely with the dx13. I think it's great. Also, is the t1000 the same ast the mms release? Or an entirely new sculpt? Either way this is one cool set. Pricey but cool-

Desensitization.

The price IS a lot when you put things into perspective. It is steep and a little outrageous. Affordable or not, $300+ for a 12" figure is nuts. I remember when I thought $200/$200+ was too much (and I still do). I really don't like how these are seemingly priced on a whim. Hot Toys has quite a few lines, DX, reg. MMS, vehicles, etc. and they should all have uniformed prices for specific lines. Not, "oh this one comes with more lights and accessories, charge more". Obviously characters like Hulk or Iron Monger or Avaterd's would be exceptions, but for the most part, it should be pretty uniformed. Licenses be damned.

But everything is going up in price, at least around here and it's just getting worse.

Give it time and I'm sure it'll be, "well, $400 isn't bad, could be $500".

There's no other option though for a high end collectible 1/6 Battle Damaged T-800 so it's either, put up or shut up. I wouldn't say $300+ is fair though, most of us are just desensitized or don't give a ****.

I think a lot of the price inflation is due to ebay auctions for previous figures. A lot of the older releases sell for twice the original costs. I know in my case $300 doesnt seem like a lot when I'll pay $700 for a custom. But thats me. I make enough to keep up with the hobby. A lot of other people dont.

Its a big set, so $315, isnt that bad. Paying this much periodically is ok, but I REALLY hope this doesn't become the base price of all their DX's. If it is, im out.

I wouldn't mind the price if it was two figures like the DX07. I'm going to wait and see what Toys2's price is.

Wow at that price range it's an easy pass!
Glad I have the regular DX!

Back