Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just rewatch Batman yesterday. Even if this is a 27 years movie, this is still my favorite Batman movie! Batman is very dark, mysterious and quite hypnotic and supernatural, always hidden and in the shadow...

And still my favorite Hot Toys...

I have to say this is still my preferred Keaton-as-Batman figure. I think they just hit all the marks perfect on this figure. Still looks amazing to this day.

Can anyone provide me with some quick advice on getting the original factory cape nice and straight? Just bought one of these brand new and the cape is wild and messy, as seen in this terrible photo.

EDIT: Nevermind. :lol now I just need to find a Returns cape somewhere....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 379
Can anyone provide me with some quick advice on getting the original factory cape nice and straight? Just bought one of these brand new and the cape is wild and messy, as seen in this terrible photo.

EDIT: Nevermind. :lol now I just need to find a Returns cape somewhere....

It's entirely possible to futz the cape to look really good, it just takes time. I'm always saddened to see people displaying their DX09 without any effort to futz the cape, makes me wanna do it for them. :lol

Did anyone ever paint the eyelids on this one? As much as I like this figure, I feel like there's way too much lid showing on my dx09. Been thinking of painting the entire eyelid black ala the DX12/QS001.

Is the neck piece removable from the cowl? I'm looking to do a cowl swap with the DX09 with has the neck connected to the suit and I'm trying to figure out how to do that since it seems pretty attached. Also, how do you remove the belt? They didn't say anything about that in the instructions so I wasn't sure how to safely do it without breaking it. Thanks in advance!

The neck pops out of the TrueType body, yes.

The belt unbuckles on the right side (figure's left). Pry/pull/unsnap on the front buckle here where I've pointed it out. It pegs in pretty flawlessly.

image.jpeg

The neck pops out of the TrueType body, yes.

The belt unbuckles on the right side (figure's left). Pry/pull/unsnap on the front buckle here where I've pointed it out. It pegs in pretty flawlessly.

View attachment 272264

Awesome, thanks! I saw a little space there but wasn't sure, didn't want to tug on it and break it by accident. So I'd have to unscrew the neck piece from the Returns cowl? I see the screw on there I think, seems like a Phillips would do the trick. Or do I have to remove the neck from the DX09, in which case I would need to ask how since it looks to be under the "suit" skin.

No problem. From there you just take off the black tissue paper under the belt and swap or whatever you want to do.

I'd just leave the Returns head alone. I have no idea how it's screwed into the head. Just pop the neck joint out of the DX 09 body. It shouldn't be a problem with a good grip, and a gentle, rotating pull.

It's just like any other true type neck joint/adapter.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

No problem. From there you just take off the black tissue paper under the belt and swap or whatever you want to do.

I'd just leave the Returns head alone. I have no idea how it's screwed into the head. Just pop the neck joint out of the DX 09 body. It shouldn't be a problem with a good grip, and a gentle, rotating pull.

It's just like any other true type neck joint/adapter.

View attachment 272277
View attachment 272276

Oh crap, I thought it was under the suit, I see it now :lol :slap Thanks!

Is there a way to get the cape at the front to drape straight downward more instead of fluff up like that around the bat insignia?

you can try and fit the sides of the cape to the sides of bats belt, as it falls down.

That may help reduce that fluffy effect.

Hmmm, I don't like how it looks when as it drapes/falls back behind the legs. I'd like it to stay in front of him and just drape downwards. Can it be done with this cape, or is TonyMei the only option?

My custom Cathedral Battle Batman.

If anyone's interested the figure is available for sale (PM me for details).

List of changes:

- painted custom blood and dirt effects on the neutral face-plate.
- burned and texturised the cowl and the suit to represent the damage from that scene
- applied dust and dirt effects to the whole figure
- added slight curvature to the ears, to better represent the look of the cowl from the scene.
- de-lined the cape to make it less stiff
- customised the base to make it represent the dusty, old planks of the cathedral floor, riddled with cracked, dark brown masonry
- painted scratch marks on the belt.

You can take a peek at my thread, for more info on the custom.

f3DVriJ.jpg

k1H9OTp.jpg

WPGqYoo.jpg

3oAvN2h.jpg

NH2RYsn.jpg

396VX7A.jpg

cdEdvPk.jpg

7VVt0um.jpg

AMxmsQD.jpg

QpMGcQh.jpg

4zLixwn.jpg

usMvAHg.jpg

brilliant :clap

thanks for sharing.

Edit: I am amazed after reading the process you went through, very successfully. That is a jewel for any collection. Congrats!

Awesome custom!!!:clap
Gorgeous!
You did a brillant work!
I i could afford it, i'ld ordered it right now!
Love the base!!!
:panic:

Back