Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone have a good instructional video on how to remove the lining and wires from the cape without completely destroying it?

my mom used to be a seamstress so she could do it for me with a little guidance

Re: Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

It's pretty easy to remove the metal wires. I think they kind of stick out just a tad from the bottom of the cape.

EDIT: Shoot my bad I thought this was the BR figure thread. Disregard this post

Last edited:
Any reason why you decided to quit 1/6 psycho ???
Idk, just not feeling it anymore... More into 1/4 as of late. If HT ever does an 1/4 Armored Affleck Batman,89 Batman,Predator,89 Joker or 1/4 Ledger Joker would buy any of them in a heartbeat

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Idk, just not feeling it anymore... More into 1/4 as of late. If HT ever does an 1/4 Armored Affleck Batman,89 Batman,Predator,89 Joker or 1/4 Ledger Joker would buy any of them in a heartbeat

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

AGH So not out of collecting completely good to hear. I know when i look at collection and if feels kinda stagnant it's Time to change up poses n display ,at least for me. Even just put away for a bit if space is a factor. I know we all get to the point where its time for more detolfs or display case's. Also this hobby isnt cheap and all must really want it. I look forward to the day i'm somewhat content with the entire collection. As of now too many to think about stopping any time soon.

AGH So not out of collecting completely good to hear. I know when i look at collection and if feels kinda stagnant it's Time to change up poses n display ,at least for me. Even just put away for a bit if space is a factor. I know we all get to the point where its time for more detolfs or display case's. Also this hobby isnt cheap and all must really want it. I look forward to the day i'm somewhat content with the entire collection. As of now too many to think about stopping any time soon.

Oh no gods no, I have quite a few 1/4 scale figures and looking for more so yeah.... Wish I didn't miss the chance for Enterbay Joker as now he goes for over $1000 now... But hopefully someday Hot Toys will do an 1/4 of him or Nicholson Joker. But for now just sticking with 6/7 inch and 1/4 Scale.

My post was deleted because I can't follow the Forum's For Sale Rules

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little sad folks. :(

I just recently cleaned / dusted my long covered over with a sheet cabinet, after just enduring a pretty warm Summer here in Australia. I don't have air-con in this room although it's fairly dark in there during the day, but..

I did a quick inspection on my DX09 & it seems the rubber outer bodysuit is starting to feel a little gummy. Maybe it gets like that in warmer weather, but I haven't checked it since. I hope this isn't the beginning of something bad.

Not good to hear VDG., It has been a pretty humid and long summer (especially the last month and half) this year so hopefully now with the cooler weather and less humidity it might rectify itself.

I'm a little sad folks. :(

I just recently cleaned / dusted my long covered over with a sheet cabinet, after just enduring a pretty warm Summer here in Australia. I don't have air-con in this room although it's fairly dark in there during the day, but..

I did a quick inspection on my DX09 & it seems the rubber outer bodysuit is starting to feel a little gummy. Maybe it gets like that in warmer weather, but I haven't checked it since. I hope this isn't the beginning of something bad.

Sorry to hear that buddy. That sounds like the earlier stages of deterioration, normally when that happens to my plastic figures, I would wash them with soapy water and it would, 99% of the time, fix the issue. However, being mixed media vinyl, I'm not sure how I'll go about on fixing the DX09. However, I do know that the best way to preserve these kinds of figures is sufficient airflow, that even helped stopped the deterioration on some of my old Medicom figures.

I guess your best bet at the moment is to do some research on preserving vinyl. I'm not sure if it's best to leave it as it is or conduct some chemical treatment so don't do anything that you might regret later, search around, start a new thread even.

Yeah, cheers guys. I've had the cabinet covered over for ages, & thought that was a decent alternative to keeping it exposed to the room temperature during the hotter months. Maybe the lack of air getting to the figures in there wasn't exactly helping.

Anyway, I've checked back on Keaton tonight, & he seems ok now. Maybe the weather cooling down has neutralized whatever was happening to the rubber. I know this sort of thing happens over time to all sorts of items that are made of this type of substance; I bought a PC gaming controller a while back, left it in my drawer for a year or two, then went to get it out one day & the thing went completely sticky & I had to chuck it.

I think I'll just keep an eye on my DX09 from now on, & maybe wipe it down gently with a slightly damp sponge or something when it gets testy again.

Just got a Returns cape for my 89 and I'm very happy with it, was hoping it would work and it looks great. Had SO many problems with the 09 cape , readjusting it every time the thing moved... anyway, it works for me.

Just got a Returns cape for my 89 and I'm very happy with it, was hoping it would work and it looks great. Had SO many problems with the 09 cape , readjusting it every time the thing moved... anyway, it works for me.

we need a pic, please! good idea.

Knew the first day I saw the Cape @ SDCC I wanted it, said so about a thousand times here. First of all it has 7 wires running vertically throughout the width of the cape so there is very limited Cape poseability compared to the 89 cape, but it still drapes better is easy to futz and is a big relief from the troublesome 89 cape. I just like the way it looks and the finish I think compliments the rubber suit, it's not as matte of a finish as 89.

Anyway, I took these test shots last week to show a friend (Wor-Gar), these were taken as a quick, no futz, snap on the cape and do front and back pics with the figure lying down, but you'll get an idea. The back of the cape drapes even better than the front IMO.

akeatcape4_zpsd7rrwxbh.jpg

akeatcape1_zpsx9oc485x.jpg

awesome pose! I have not yet tried to achieve one of these. I have stuck with the museum pose.

I may try this one, looks great! any advice on the arm posing?

thanks for sharing!

awesome pose! I have not yet tried to achieve one of these. I have stuck with the museum pose.

I may try this one, looks great! any advice on the arm posing?

thanks for sharing!

Thanks.

Just be easy with it, you will notice that at the shoulder/armpit area that the suit will fold but it should be fine, just don't leave it posed in that position for months on end just to be safe.

Back