Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just changed mine up to be in that very post the other day, so too soon to tell if it's going to cause any damage to the armpits. However, it's just too cool looking not to risk it! Had this figure and the Joker since they came out and am still blown away by how good they are; I've sold off many figures but these ones I'm keeping forever.

I agree, I've also sold lots of 1/6 figures but this one and the 89 Joker are ones that I don't think I could ever sell.

sorry pjam, that link does not work for me... which message number are you quoting? thank you.

This is one hell of a picture Spanbauer!

Just changed mine up to be in that very post the other day, so too soon to tell if it's going to cause any damage to the armpits. However, it's just too cool looking not to risk it! Had this figure and the Joker since they came out and am still blown away by how good they are; I've sold off many figures but these ones I'm keeping forever.

View attachment 289065

Last edited:
I agree, I've also sold lots of 1/6 figures but this one and the 89 Joker are ones that I don't think I could ever sell.

Same here. It may have a frustrating lack of poseability, but it's still a really cool looking figure regardless.

And I'm also one of the few that actually likes the stock cape. It might be a bit thick, but it's got a certain "billowiness" that makes it a lot more dramatic and visually interesting than some of the flatter and stiffer capes people like to use.

Finally got his cape mechanism working. With his arms not moving very high, it's not as impressive as I hoped but it made me happy. I think I'm gonna keep him now. I've found new life in him.

I'll post some new pics I took of him late. I'm having technical difficulties on my computer it seems.
The arms can go much higher than what you have in your photos. It helps to first put the arms straight out in front of him, and then turn them outward. Then bend them a little at the elbows, and you've got to use those poles that come with the figure that slip into the cape and then rest in his hands! See how they've done it in the official photo:

334078_205448512850480_138228759572456_594674_5722472_o.jpg

Well I must have got a defective one because no way will the arms stay up that high.

Here's the pose I got mine in at the moment. It's about as dramatic as I could really get, given the outfit, but I still kinda like it.

20160831_201244 (681x1000).jpg

Seeing the stand base, I may have to bust those out of the box for my DX08 &09. I forgot how cool they look. I generally never use stands for my 1/6 figures but have been using them for my 1/4 figures as they're generally a bit of a stand/diorama piece.

How do you bring those arms up? I want to have him aiming his grapple gun like he did in Returns when saving Selina at first encounter but I don't want to tear the rubber suit and I'm not sure how far it can go before starting to rip.

I was worried about the rubber but I took a chance and was able to raise the joint up a tad more and got your height. Thanks!

How did you guys manage the cape? I just recently started displaying my figures again since I moved and got a Detolf cabinet and the cape is so bulky it takes up a lot of space on the shelf. That's the worst thing about this figure is the cape.

How did you guys manage the cape? I just recently started displaying my figures again since I moved and got a Detolf cabinet and the cape is so bulky it takes up a lot of space on the shelf. That's the worst thing about this figure is the cape.

For me it just took a bit of patience and lots of futzing till you get it how you want it. I like the cape but it took me a good 10-15 mins to get it right
524e6cf2cca95339389b9f697e1725a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yours looks great. Mine is all over the place. I'll give that a try and press it out by hand I guess.

I'm at work at the moment but I can post some better pics of how I did it if that would help :) just a bit of folding and it's easily done :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back