Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I finally took the fig out of the box and gave it a quick inspection. No melting rubber, so that's good. But there were a few other things.

1. The eyes look good, they're staring straight ahead, but I can't get the PERS to move. It won't even budge. It's very stiff and I didn't want to force the little joystick. It seems fragile as ****, I think a toothpick is more rigid.

2. Most of the joints moved with ease, but the left bicep where it meets the shoulder is extremely stiff. It won't move at all and I don't want to force it. A broken shoulder is nigh an impossible fix in an enclosed rubber body.

3. The right leg seems to be a bit longer than the left, so when I stand the fig on its legs, it leans ever so slightly to the left. Perhaps the boots need a bit of adjusting? Or did I get a lemon?

Have any of you had similar experiences with your DX09s? Are any of these unusual or reasons to worry? Any input/insight would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, in advance. :duff
I, and other people had the leg problem. No worries, it pops back in. Most these TTs come apart so its not broken. All I did was take a firm grip of the longer dislodged leg, with the boot flat against a table (standing position), I popped the leg back in by pushing downward on a table. The PERS, along with some joints, can become stiff. My PERS was like that. All I did really was slowly "work" it back and forth until it moved. I know some people had shoulder issue too. They may have done the same as I did with the PERS, but maybe they can chime in on what they did.

I, and other people had the leg problem. No worries, it pops back in. Most these TTs come apart so its not broken. All I did was take a firm grip of the longer dislodged leg, with the boot flat against a table (standing position), I popped the leg back in by pushing downward on a table. The PERS, along with some joints, can become stiff. My PERS was like that. All I did really was slowly "work" it back and forth until it moved. I know some people had shoulder issue too. They may have done the same as I did with the PERS, but maybe they can chime in on what they did.

Hairdryer the PERS head to warm the mechanics up a bit. It might be cold from sitting in the box.

Thanks, guys. I planned on testing the PERS once and never touching it again, just to make sure it was functioning. It does feel as if it's about to snap at any second. At least a stiff PERS is better than a broken PERS, I guess. :lol

So the shoulder and leg are NOT broken, is that right? Just a bit temperamental? :lol I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again. :duff

Took a few pics last night

10363648_10152825039809346_7190692493053922106_n.jpg

934867_10152825039519346_5611913538510498709_n.jpg

1511451_10152825038884346_5056946435404228372_n.jpg

10387551_10152825037529346_4500380866827039091_n.jpg

1506515_10152825037329346_7152552847030090186_n.jpg

So the shoulder and leg are NOT broken, is that right? Just a bit temperamental? :lol I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again. :duff

Did you try popping the leg back in? Im pretty sure the leg is fine, a few people had that problem. I remember someone saying they had a problem with the should being weird or something but mine was fine. I wish someone would chime in on that....

Did you try popping the leg back in? Im pretty sure the leg is fine, a few people had that problem. I remember someone saying they had a problem with the should being weird or something but mine was fine. I wish someone would chime in on that....

Haven't had the chance to, but will give it a try. I just need to give it a little downward shove, right? I don't first need to align anything? I don't want anything to snap. Thanks, man.

I have two Tony Mei capes on the way at some point. I have him making me a cape for this fig and a wired Cape for the Armory Batsuit.

I received my DX09 TM Final Cape a few days ago. Just night and day with the stock cape! I love it!!! I'm sure that i still can improve the futzing. (sorry for the back i'm in works at home).

:wink1:

I received my DX09 TM Final Cape a few days ago. Just night and day with the stock cape! I love it!!! I'm sure that i still can improve the futzing. (sorry for the back i'm in works at home).

eh.... that is some nice glass table you got there.... wow.... if you don't mind me asking, where do you shop for your furniture?

[emoji1] take all the time you need to make them amazing. We all appreciate your hard work and dedication. Thank you!

Tony:

The table is from " mobilier de France" but i'm not sure you could find it outside of France...
It is not my display, i have to work on it!
Congrats again for the great cape!

2. Most of the joints moved with ease, but the left bicep where it meets the shoulder is extremely stiff. It won't move at all and I don't want to force it. A broken shoulder is nigh an impossible fix in an enclosed rubber body.

Regarding the shoulder: It's possible that your shoulder has been twisted 180 degrees so that when you attempt to re-pose it, it resists movement in the direction you intend..

If you look at a naked Truetype, you'll see that it achieves it's full range of motion by using multiple joints and pivot points - though each individual joint/pivot point does not necessarily have 360 degrees of freedom by itself.

This combination ofjoints allows any pose to be achieved, but it's not true that you can go from any one pose directly to any other pose straight away - you often have to follow a specific path of motion, by twisting on one joint in one direction, before twisting on another in a different direction.

I'm not sure what the right phrase to describe this is - it's kind of like gimbal lock. It's hard to describe in words, but if you spend a bit of time trying to pose the arms of a naked Truetype in a variety of poses, you'll quickly see what I mean.

The point is that perhaps your figure's arm is in a position where you'll have to turn it in an awkward, unexpected direction first, before you can move it into the pose you desire. That may be why it's stiff - and if so, you should NOT force it (you'll snap and break the arm off), but rather gently explore movement until you can tease out the right degrees of freedom it has and can then pose it safely.

Regarding the shoulder: It's possible that your shoulder has been twisted 180 degrees so that when you attempt to re-pose it, it resists movement in the direction you intend..

If you look at a naked Truetype, you'll see that it achieves it's full range of motion by using multiple joints and pivot points - though each individual joint/pivot point does not necessarily have 360 degrees of freedom by itself.

This combination ofjoints allows any pose to be achieved, but it's not true that you can go from any one pose directly to any other pose straight away - you often have to follow a specific path of motion, by twisting on one joint in one direction, before twisting on another in a different direction.

I'm not sure what the right phrase to describe this is - it's kind of like gimbal lock. It's hard to describe in words, but if you spend a bit of time trying to pose the arms of a naked Truetype in a variety of poses, you'll quickly see what I mean.

The point is that perhaps your figure's arm is in a position where you'll have to turn it in an awkward, unexpected direction first, before you can move it into the pose you desire. That may be why it's stiff - and if so, you should NOT force it (you'll snap and break the arm off), but rather gently explore movement until you can tease out the right degrees of freedom it has and can then pose it safely.

:goodpost:

Back