Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the reassuring words. Thanks for the kindness, everybody. :duff

I'm already spending way too much on new figures and DX12 parts for my Batman Armory, so a spare DX09 body is out of the question at the moment. :lol

I'll keep it in box now, but whenever it is displayed, it'll be done so in a museum pose. It's got that kind of shelf presence. I'll turn my focus to DX15 and perhaps an '89 2.0, if it ever comes.

Bummer. So did you get the leg popped in at least?

I have a feeling the joints/PERS are just tight from unuse. You have to figure this thing has been sitting in the box for 3 years or whatever.....

Last edited:
Bummer. So did you get the leg popped in at least?

I have a feeling the joints/PERS are just tight from unuse. You have to figure this thing has been sitting in the box for 3 years or whatever.....

I agree about the PERS, it probably just needs to be warmed up, as J & B said. The left arm, at the shoulder, won't swing forward or backward. It will swing, however, outward. Every other limb is fine.

Do you think the upper arm is stuck from non-use or inverted? I don't want to force anything, but I at least would like to know the problem. Maybe it's something to keep an eye on going forward.

It's the plastic portion where the ankle joint pops into, cracked and fell out of the boot in pieces

Actually, that's fixable too. The same issue occurred in most of the Toys Fair Batman Begins figures.

You could install a TrueType foot ball-socket in the spot of where the old, crumbled one is. Do you have any spare TrueType feet lying around?

^Is there a tutorial for that? And could that be applied to work for the Spiderman 3 figure? I bought a SM3 that was advertised as brand new/never displayed, but the figure arrived with a REALLY loose right ankle. I ended up opening the boot and the ankle peg was fine. It was actually the ankle/foot that had cracked in half. I super glued it back together, but it still doesn't really hold a pose. Would like to attempt to replace the whole foot socket if that's possible.

^Is there a tutorial for that? And could that be applied to work for the Spiderman 3 figure? I bought a SM3 that was advertised as brand new/never displayed, but the figure arrived with a REALLY loose right ankle. I ended up opening the boot and the ankle peg was fine. It was actually the ankle/foot that had cracked in half. I super glued it back together, but it still doesn't really hold a pose. Would like to attempt to replace the whole foot socket if that's possible.

It's been described a few times, especially in the Toys Fair Exclusive Batman Begins threads. See this post as one of my examples: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...1-toy-con-ex-review-pics-175.html#post6061138

You'll need some tools, described in the post.

I don't know what the Spiderman 3 figure's boot is like, so I have no idea. The nice thing about Batman's boots is that they are rubber, glued down to a hard plastic sole (so you can slice neatly along the rim of the boot sole, where the rubber joins the plastic, and then re-glue it right afterwards).

Actually, that's fixable too. The same issue occurred in most of the Toys Fair Batman Begins figures.

You could install a TrueType foot ball-socket in the spot of where the old, crumbled one is. Do you have any spare TrueType feet lying around?
no sir, but I might be able to buy one on eBay for significantly cheaper than the dx09 boot

Thanks a ton!!!:clap:clap:clap:clap

It's been described a few times, especially in the Toys Fair Exclusive Batman Begins threads. See this post as one of my examples: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...1-toy-con-ex-review-pics-175.html#post6061138

You'll need some tools, described in the post.

I don't know what the Spiderman 3 figure's boot is like, so I have no idea. The nice thing about Batman's boots is that they are rubber, glued down to a hard plastic sole (so you can slice neatly along the rim of the boot sole, where the rubber joins the plastic, and then re-glue it right afterwards).

Hmm, I think that may actually work! I'd probably have to shave down the TT foot since the SM3's feet are pretty narrow.... but that definitely seems like it'd be a viable fix for the broken ankle. Thanks a lot for your help, man!

Did he even message you back?

I have to track him down through eBay (which no longer allows you to include e-mail addresses in messages, ha ha) and wait for him to e-mail me. I don't expect to get any money back, let alone exchange the figure, but it'd be nice if he gave me a discount on DX08. I know, I know, Stupid Move No. 2 on my part.

Hey, man, you have two or three of these, right? Have you experienced any stuck limbs or joints on yours. As others have suggested, I have a feeling my figure's left bicep is backward.

Nope, never experienced any problems with the joints on mine. All good on that front.

The only problems I had was one had magnets that weren't glued in all the way on the grapple gun and another one has bad wiring in the base (I found this out the hard way by not checking for months past Sideshow's replacement period).

Lucky, lucky, lucky!

I also noticed this the last time I put the figure back into the box...the black, spongy foam is torn in two places. I guess the sharp spines of the cowl and the right gauntlet tore into the foam. I've only removed the figure three or four times but that was enough to do it.

I've made something of a mess of it, it looks really ugly now. I know it's only foam but it's still part of the packaging and presentation, all of which I paid for. It's probably staying in the box for the foreseeable future.

Damn you, Hot Toys! :cuss

That would drive me nuts. I'd be having thoughts like "did the seller open this thing" and such.

I have a spare "back up" up body that I bought from ebay back when they were cheap, but I don't know if I want to give it up. I planned on making a "Batmobile Batman" to sit in it without worrying about the suit but just never got around to it.

Depending how much you paid, you could always just resell it and A. Buy a new one with the $$ you earn or B. Wait for the Returns figure. I wish I could see your figure in person to identify what is wrong. Also , it wouldn't hurt to ask this seller if he'd be open to any fair offers,

Hot Toys 12" DX09 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton 1 6 Figure Batman Body 4897011174198 | eBay

I'd give it a try.

That would drive me nuts. I'd be having thoughts like "did the seller open this thing" and such.

I have a spare "back up" up body that I bought from ebay back when they were cheap, but I don't know if I want to give it up. I planned on making a "Batmobile Batman" to sit in it without worrying about the suit but just never got around to it.

Depending how much you paid, you could always just resell it and A. Buy a new one with the $$ you earn or B. Wait for the Returns figure. I wish I could see your figure in person to identify what is wrong. Also , it wouldn't hurt to ask this seller if he'd be open to any fair offers,

Hot Toys 12" DX09 Batman 1989 Michael Keaton 1 6 Figure Batman Body 4897011174198 | eBay

I'd give it a try.

Thanks, now I'm all paranoid! :lol

I checked the shipper, the tape doesn't seem to have been reapplied or tampered with or anything like that. It looks like, at least I'm hoping, I was the first and only person to have opened it.

All of the mouth plates, including the Batman head, were wrapped in that plastic film. Even the string for the Batarang is still in that little plastic baggie.

Either it's a brand-new figure with a wonky-ass arm or some mofo was really **** about concealing that it wasn't.

That Batman body on the 'Bay is very tempting, but I'll have to pass for now. I really don't want to perpetuate the habit of buying parts for things that should've been done right in the first place (belts, capes). :lol

Shut up, Fabs! Get outta my head, *********! :lol

(Crawls into a corner and curls up into a ball, petting his DX09 incessantly)

Whispers, "There's nothing wrong with you, there's nothing wrong with you, just a stubborn shoulder, just a stubborn shoulder, it'll move eventually...."

up_8_zpsa2cd59eb.jpg

Back