Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah, the suit won't rip trust me. Just be cautious with it and handle everything with care. The most delicate things are the PERS eyes, the steel gauntlet and the blades on the gauntlets themselves. I recommend not touching the PERS if you're happy with how the eyes are positioned. If you're going to pose them, do it once.

The suit is stronger than the Begins rubber suits, and back when I had those I folded the leggings up like a mother ****er to access a broken knee joint. I rolled the rubber up so far that I expected it to rip or atleast pull off the knee pads. After I replaced the leg, I folded the rubber back down and . . . it was exactly the same. No damage. So compared to the Begins suits, this DX 09 suit is nigh indestructible!

Seriously though, the suit is quality stuff. Just don't have him lay inside an acrylic case with his cape if you value the case. He'll rip right through it.

That's great to hear. I shouldn't have a problem with the case since I have him on the base he comes with in a detolf. The one thing I'm surprised with is what you're saying about the PERS. I felt the system in this suit is way less finicky than the Armory sculpt.

I just car leather liquid to clean mine, is that a good idea? Keeps it shiny and clean.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Just finished setting them. Now all I need is the DX08. InstaSize_2014_9 _ 310480.jpg

Thank you. Both of these figures just blew me away. They are so spot on its crazy. Definitely two of the best figures they've ever made.

The DX09 suit is quality, robust. You have to pose it like a mother ****er for it to rip I would think. Ive had no QC issues with mine whatsoever. This and the DX08 are my best figures, with the DX08 being my favorite. The fun factor edges it over Bats a little.

:gah: all these nice pics are making me think twice about selling mine. I have an extra cape to de-wire. Anyone has the tutorial for that?

The stock cape will break even the most patient of men, true, but give time it can look great. I also de-wired mine and as far as I'm concerned its the only way to go. Nothing is as good as it.

Once you de-wire it, it's irreversible, right? And can you still do the pose where Batman extends his arms, spreading out the cape? If I can, I'd really like to avoid a $50+ custom cape.

Once you de-wire it, it's irreversible, right? And can you still do the pose where Batman extends his arms, spreading out the cape? If I can, I'd really like to avoid a $50+ custom cape.

The outstretched arms pose could still be possible but the inside of the cape is grey and it wouldn't look right at all.

You can see it on mine:

I can live with that tiny bit showing as it's mostly in shadow anyway but outstretched wing pose wouldn't really work.

Back