Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:gah: all these nice pics are making me think twice about selling mine. I have an extra cape to de-wire. Anyone has the tutorial for that?

I honestly wouldn't sell it. Once the Returns figure is released, this will become ultra rare I think.

To de-wire the cape, use a sharp craft knife and slowly slice along the inner lining as close to the stitching as possible. Remove all the inner material and the slide the wire out.

That's a great pic, Jokes. :rock After I removed the wire and inner lining on mine I took a large black permanent marker and put a few coats on the gray to darken it up. It's not jet black but it's not light gray anymore. I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get a chance. I was really happy with the results.

I honestly wouldn't sell it. Once the Returns figure is released, this will become ultra rare I think.

To de-wire the cape, use a sharp craft knife and slowly slice along the inner lining as close to the stitching as possible. Remove all the inner material and the slide the wire out.

So after the wire is removed it just lays like the picture you posted above with minimal futzing then?

Once you de-wire it, it's irreversible, right? And can you still do the pose where Batman extends his arms, spreading out the cape? If I can, I'd really like to avoid a $50+ custom cape.

Yup,it's irreversible. And the pose you're talking about would need a wire. You can still extend his arms and in effect the caoe with it but the cape will lose it's full breadth. I hope I explained that right.

That's a great pic, Jokes. :rock After I removed the wire and inner lining on mine I took a large black permanent marker and put a few coats on the gray to darken it up. It's not jet black but it's not light gray anymore. I'll post some pics tomorrow when I get a chance. I was really happy with the results.

Yup, I did the same thing. At first I feared that the marker would come off or do something to the suit itself but I did this mod way back when it first came out and I haven't had any problems. :)

Mine with the darkened gray inner lining.

Nice pose, Coco. :rock

Here is a few of mine.

IMG_4061_zpsc7fdb121.jpg

IMG_4030_zps82943279.jpg

I have a question for you guys. My Keaton Batman's cape develop some white spots...which I'm not sure where it got it. I think it's mold.

What is the safest way to remove and clean it?

I have a question for you guys. My Keaton Batman's cape develop some white spots...which I'm not sure where it got it. I think it's mold.

What have you tried so far? Have you tried lighting rubbing it with a damp paper towel?

Yeah, already did that. But the white stains came back when it dried. I'm thinking of spraying a mixture of vinegar/baking soda on the affected areas.

Is that a good idea? I don't want to ruin the cape.

Maybe it's fungus? I would disinfect the cape as it would definitely appear again.

I was thinking of the same thing but I'm afraid to damage the cape. If I used alcohol as a disinfectant, would that cause any issues with the cape?

I was thinking of the same thing but I'm afraid to damage the cape. If I used alcohol as a disinfectant, would that cause any issues with the cape?

Your cape has already got issues. Get rid of it and then whatever is harming it won't get transferred to the rest of the figure.

Is it on the inside (cloth portion) or outside of the cape? If it's on the outside, use a paper towel with a little WD40. I think that should help remove or at least help conceal what ever is turning your cape white. Shouldn't harm anything, but if it does, I can't take responsibility for that. Just giving a suggestion that I hope helps.

Thing is if you wipe it off, it will just come back again as you've said. You could use just a bit of disinfectant, dab it on the surface of the cape but not too much.

I would also separate the cape from the body for a few days as you wouldn't want the mold to spread to the rubber body.

Have you been keeping the figure in a place subjected to moisture?

Hey guys, I finally took the fig out of the box and gave it a quick inspection. No melting rubber, so that's good. But there were a few other things.

1. The eyes look good, they're staring straight ahead, but I can't get the PERS to move. It won't even budge. It's very stiff and I didn't want to force the little joystick. It seems fragile as ****, I think a toothpick is more rigid.

2. Most of the joints moved with ease, but the left bicep where it meets the shoulder is extremely stiff. It won't move at all and I don't want to force it. A broken shoulder is nigh an impossible fix in an enclosed rubber body.

3. The right leg seems to be a bit longer than the left, so when I stand the fig on its legs, it leans ever so slightly to the left. Perhaps the boots need a bit of adjusting? Or did I get a lemon?

Have any of you had similar experiences with your DX09s? Are any of these unusual or reasons to worry? Any input/insight would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, in advance. :duff

Thing is if you wipe it off, it will just come back again as you've said. You could use just a bit of disinfectant, dab it on the surface of the cape but not too much.

I would also separate the cape from the body for a few days as you wouldn't want the mold to spread to the rubber body.

Have you been keeping the figure in a place subjected to moisture?

No, it's in a dry cabinet, away from sunlight. My suspect is the dehumidifier that use. I already separated the cape from the figure to avoid infecting the rubber. Will be disinfecting it as suggested.

Thanks!

Back