Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I didn't think i wanted this... but I'm getting sucked into wanting this. Were there any QC issues, and what's the articulation like?

I haven't read through this entire thread, but apparently some had problems with the belt rubbing up against the suit, causing bubbling at the waist.

I don't know how widespread the problem was. There may also have been reports of oil at the shoulder areas. You can read more here. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ton-batman-residue-abdominal-shown-signs.html

So long as you don't remove the black tape that separates the belt from the body (it comes straight from the factory like this), you should be fine.

Articulation is somewhat limited due to the rubber suit. It will hold poses but I can't say how well...I haven't had the time to fool around with mine.

There are plenty of reviews on YouTube and you can also see pics of the figure here. Alteregoistic - Toy Blogger: Batman Returns, 1989 ... ...

As to whether or not you should get it - I say yes. I paid way too much, over $360, but I adored this movie when I was a kid and there are enough differences between this and the Returns suit to make it worthwhile.

I haven't read through this entire thread, but apparently some had problems with the belt rubbing up against the suit, causing bubbling at the waist.

I don't know how widespread the problem was. There may also have been reports of oil at the shoulder areas. You can read more here. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ton-batman-residue-abdominal-shown-signs.html

So long as you don't remove the black tape that separates the belt from the body (it comes straight from the factory like this), you should be fine.

Articulation is somewhat limited due to the rubber suit. It will hold poses but I can't say how well...I haven't had the time to fool around with mine.

There are plenty of reviews on YouTube and you can also see pics of the figure here. Alteregoistic - Toy Blogger: Batman Returns, 1989 ... ...

As to whether or not you should get it - I say yes. I paid way too much, over $360, but I adored this movie when I was a kid and there are enough differences between this and the Returns suit to make it worthwhile.

Thanks for the advice Yankee! Being in the UK I'm likely to pay a lot more than $360 but now the idea's taken hold it's going to be hard not to get it. My main concern was the suit wouldn't rip and this doesn't seem to be a problem.

I just received mine today. I didn't look and see if the tape was still there. If it isn't can anyone recommend something to put behind the belt (electrical tape)

True. I just didn't see anything when I glanced at him. Real quick. I will take a better look in a bit. If he doesn't though any recommendations?

True. I just didn't see anything when I glanced at him. Real quick. I will take a better look in a bit. If he doesn't though any recommendations?

I'm not sure if it would react badly with the body and belt, but perhaps strips of a paper towel? So long as you create a barrier between the two, you should be good.

I'm not sure if it would react badly with the body and belt, but perhaps strips of a paper towel? So long as you create a barrier between the two, you should be good.

This brought back memories of a Hot Toys OC Batman from 2008 - I had that resting on paper towel in a box and the back of the head got sticky from it.

I didn't try and take the belt off but it doesn't look like their is anything in between the belt and the suit. InstaSize_2014_9 _ 308184~2.jpg

I also wrapped the stand with some bubble wrap and a piece of electrical tape. I'm nervous it will dig into the inner thigh of the suit

I took the black tape off of the ones I bought as soon as I got them years ago and never experienced any residue. The DX 09 figures I bought are still in the same condition they were in when I first bought them. Even the extra suit/body I got as a backup is fine. The only weird thing I experienced was, I had an extra back suit/body in an acrylic case for storage, and the ****ing thing ate through the acrylic case! The suit itself didn't melt or deteriorate, it instead ate away at the case.

The only widespread quality control issues on this figure were the glues Hot Toys used on the magnets. They didn't use enough to hold them into place. Other than that, there's been nothing. No limbs breaking, no flaking suit, no melting. Rorywan experience some oil on his waist/torso by the belt, but I don't recall there being more than a couple of people with that problem like Yankee stated.

As for posing, it'll pose. You can't have him do any thing crazy, but he can move the way he does in the film (though he can't hold the grapple with two hands). The suit is nice and thick. The best part is the bicep area. Once you play around with it a bit, it'll hold any poses you attempt. Just familiarize yourself with the True Type body. I have one where the elbows go back a bit when you try to pose it, but the others are fine. I think the problem with that one is that the gauntlet for some reason is too tight.

I took the black tape off of the ones I bought as soon as I got them years ago and never experienced any residue. The DX 09 figures I bought are still in the same condition they were in when I first bought them. Even the extra suit/body I got as a backup is fine. The only weird thing I experienced was, I had an extra back suit/body in an acrylic case for storage, and the ****ing thing ate through the acrylic case! The suit itself didn't melt or deteriorate, it instead ate away at the case.

The only widespread quality control issues on this figure were the glues Hot Toys used on the magnets. They didn't use enough to hold them into place. Other than that, there's been nothing. No limbs breaking, no flaking suit, no melting. Rorywan experience some oil on his waist/torso by the belt, but I don't recall there being more than a couple of people with that problem like Yankee stated.

As for posing, it'll pose. You can't have him do any thing crazy, but he can move the way he does in the film (though he can't hold the grapple with two hands). The suit is nice and thick. The best part is the bicep area. Once you play around with it a bit, it'll hold any poses you attempt. Just familiarize yourself with the True Type body. I have one where the elbows go back a bit when you try to pose it, but the others are fine. I think the problem with that one is that the gauntlet for some reason is too tight.

Okay that's good to know. I was extremely overwhelmed when I was setting him up before. I felt like he was so fragile and one wrong move and the suit would rip.

Nah, the suit won't rip trust me. Just be cautious with it and handle everything with care. The most delicate things are the PERS eyes, the steel gauntlet and the blades on the gauntlets themselves. I recommend not touching the PERS if you're happy with how the eyes are positioned. If you're going to pose them, do it once.

The suit is stronger than the Begins rubber suits, and back when I had those I folded the leggings up like a mother ****er to access a broken knee joint. I rolled the rubber up so far that I expected it to rip or atleast pull off the knee pads. After I replaced the leg, I folded the rubber back down and . . . it was exactly the same. No damage. So compared to the Begins suits, this DX 09 suit is nigh indestructible!

Seriously though, the suit is quality stuff. Just don't have him lay inside an acrylic case with his cape if you value the case. He'll rip right through it.

Back