Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in love with the DX12, but this brings me back to being a kid. This guy now tops my Batman collection, easily. Thanks Darkseed!

gutted i missed out on this figure, hard to come by without paying over the odds now though, nice pics DoggieDoc

I just saw one of these sell on ebay for $250 shipped, only lasted 30 minutes probably. Thought it was a pretty good deal, buy I'm still waiting on the returns figure. Probably a long wait, but its sure to be as nice or a better figure.

If they are in fact doing a BR figure, then I'll def hold out for that. There really isn't much different to the suit I don't think. Probably just different accessories.

If they are in fact doing a BR figure, then I'll def hold out for that. There really isn't much different to the suit I don't think. Probably just different accessories.

The suit is quite a bit different....

batman_keaton_031711.jpg

...and that is just the cowl, chest armor, and bat-insignia. The gloves and boots are also very different.

Sallah

I really like the Returns suit, gonna have to see what else I have on order when these are released as to whether or not I pull the trigger...

I love the roughness of the 89 suit, especially the cowl. It really just seems to capture the fear aspect of batman and how the suit is there to intimidate, especially the intro where he is genuinely terrifying. The returns suit on the other hand, to me seems to fit the art style of Burton's batman a bit more but I was never a fan of the cowl. Always seemed to look more "costumey" if that makes sense

Yeah I wonder if most people just think that the suits were practically the same in both movies but it is not until you see them next to one another that you really see the difference in both the suits unless you are Sallah. :exactly:

I like the 89 cowl and the returns suit... Lol just putting my 2 cents in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just the opposite. My ideal Keaton composite would be the Returns cowl on the 89 suit. I like the more organic design of the 89 armor's musculature more than the art-deco machined look of the Returns armor. Yet I love the smooth cowl with the more pronounce brows of the Returns suit over the stitched together rough look of the 89 suit, with it's very straight eyebrows. Whenever HT releases BR, I'm replacing the 89 with the Returns head for a while....(and I guess I'll pose Returns figure will be posed with the ripped off cowl look, if they include it)

Yeah I wonder if most people just think that the suits were practically the same in both movies but it is not until you see them next to one another that you really see the difference in both the suits unless you are Sallah. :exactly:

The first thing I noticed from the previews as a 10 year old kid in 1992 was that Batman's suit was new, and his batsymbol was more streamlined like the comic version. But I guess that's the way it is with fanatics of these things. I couldn't tell much difference between the various Iron Man suits, or the changes in Darth Vader's costume between films, or even the changes between different versions of the 66 Batmobile, the DeLorean, different dashes on different seasons of KITT from Knight Rider, or the Ecto-1 versus Ecto-2. But for fanatics, these variations aren't subtle...they're obvious.

Back