Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I repackaged my collectibles until I have proper display. Dust is so annoying, but I want to keep batman out. I'm wondering is it a good idea to keep him sitting inside the batmobile for long periods? Or would this damage his suit somehow?

I think it would mess up the suit, I wouldn't do it.

You got a Michael's art store around you? Get an Acrylic case for it. They're cheap and always on sale.

For anyone interested in upgrading the cape on their Hot Toys DX09 Michael Keaton Batman 1/6th scale figure, I just posted a review at my '89 Batman fan-page showing four of the different custom capes available from the great Tony Mei. :)

Head here to see the differences in both video and pictorial format- Tony Mei 2.0, 3.0, Deluxe, & Final Version Capes for the DX09 Review

Spoiler Warning! .... My fav is the new "Final" Version-

Sallah

Wonderful, detailed and straight to the point review sallah, and your son did a great job as well. It was nice when you gave him his favourite cape. :yess:

Anyways my cape from Tony was the 2.5 version but it was to shiny for me but now after seeing your review I'm torn between the 3.0 and the final one. The 3.0 looks the same as the 2.5 version minus the shine and to me that may just take it over the final version.

Another reason for me to prefer the 3.0 in 1/6 scale is because my NECA figure would have the final cape on him and then that would be the best of both worlds.

I will definetly go for final cape for my NECA Batman (when I get him) but for the 1/6 Batman my custom cape from Italy I'm still loving -

The only thing with this cape is that you still need to futz with it a bit to get the 'over the shoulder' look and there was some loose threads that I had to trim but apart from that it is a beautiful cape.

Decision, decisions.

Thanks for the review sallah.

I posted this in the movie section... but with the film not being current, I wasn't sure how many of my fellow Burton fans wander down there. So I hope it is okay to throw this in here in the hopes of reaching as many of you as I can. :)

2014 marks the 25th Anniversary of Batman, the groundbreaking superhero film directed by Tim Burton and starring Michael Keaton & Jack Nicholson. I'll be celebrating the Anniversary all year long with brand new content over at my site www.1989Batman.com ... But I want other fans to be a part of the celebration too! Beginning now and running through May 31 2014, I want you to submit your best "I'm Batman" impersonation video- recreating that classic moment from the 1989 film. All submitted clips may become a part of a special 25th Anniversary compilation video posted right on or around June 23 (the day Batman hit theaters across the US)!

Your submission also enters you into a series of giveaways leading up to the deadline. For all submissions through February 28 2014, you'll be entered to win the Special 25th anniversary edition of Batman on Blu-Ray (which includes a small commemorative book). Other great prizes may follow and will depend on the overall interest and submissions to the contest... So be sure to tell all your friends about it! ;)

Sending your clip is your entry into the contest(s) and also releases rights to the clip to me (so that I can add it into the overall video). If you don't want your video added, I am sorry but that voids your entry... I want this to be a worldwide fandom celebration after all! And if you're under 18, please get your parent's permission before entering! Your submitted video implies that you have done so!

So get to it! Send those videos over to [email protected] today! :)

-Sallah

Competition sounsds like a great idea! I'll be entering for sure. As long as i win, ofcourse.

Been awhile since I took him out of the case, so I decided to put him on a lighted stand I made. Please excuse the cellphone pics.

j99n.jpg

hckz.jpg

oaa0.jpg

Jokes & Bats, try this. The little collar strap with the button, wrap it like tying up a boat at dock so it doesn't unfold itself then button it. It's not a knot but it stops the cape falling away from the symbol. It was also so much easier putting the sculpt back on.

Competition sounsds like a great idea! I'll be entering for sure. As long as i win, ofcourse.

Thanks man! The more entry videos, the better!

I have some pretty cool prizes lined up too... A couple of Blu-Rays, a vintage carded Kenner Dark Knight Collection Joker figure.... and a big ol' Batman from a company that rhymes with MECA. :)

-Sallah

I ordered Tony's Final Cape for my DX09 tonight. Can't wait to get it on my Batman. It looks so good.

If anyone is looking to buy his V1 cape, shoot me a PM as I will be selling it.

Back