Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, thanks for the side by side photos. There is a greater difference than I thought. I like the Returns chest emblem better, but otherwise I like the '89 suit more. If HT ever gets around to releasing these, I would love to see what they do with it for example the torn cowl, glider cape. Catwoman would be fantastic as well as Penguin.

My dx09 seems to have this gray-ish "dry" look to the suit, anyone else experience this?

i like the returns one but the 89 suit has to go out on top for the anticipation of seeing the very different style for the first time

My dx09 seems to have this gray-ish "dry" look to the suit, anyone else experience this?

Mine kinda has that, I haven't been on top of the up keep so mine is probably from that. I have wiped it down before it and it did come off.

Is it sort of powdery? If so, mine used to have that as well. I just wiped it off, but would reappear a few weeks after. Then I got a new spare body for cheap so I thought of making the one on display a guinea pig for Armor All. So far in 18 months of using AA the suit still looks fine, no cracking or drying and the substance is yet to reappear. Not saying the the Armor All fear is wrong all these years, but I've got an extra body so I thought "why not?", and I'm not in any way recommending its use.

Also, not sure if that substance on the suit could be the so-called plastic mist. I hope not.

https://www.poeghostal.com/2010/12/the-mystery-of-the-plastic-mist.html

Yeah it is sort of powdery, It almost seems as if it's dry. I'm thinking maybe a tiny bit of mineral oil of sorts may solve the issue. What do you guys think?

I like it dry, wish mine was more dry to match the dryness of the rubber, in the movie

10rv.jpg

3ap9.jpg

Yeah I noticed mine had something like that on it but it wiped right off. I hadn't handled him in over a year and he is displayed in a sealed cabinet. I just assumed it was some dust and other things floating in the air.

Yeah I noticed mine had something like that on it but it wiped right off. I hadn't handled him in over a year and he is displayed in a sealed cabinet. I just assumed it was some dust and other things floating in the air.

There's no such thing as sealed cabinets. Dust can still get in unless it's vacuum sealed. Or one of those small perspex figure display cases that fits over the figure itself.

I agree I love this one much more than Bale's version. This is my fav HT. How do you get the wrinkles out the cape??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here ya gooo

Some fellow board members have requested a tutorial on how to fold the cape so I've taken a few pictures to try and show how I approach it. Hope they help.

Step 1. is to completely remove the cape from the figure and flatten it out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Step 2. is to start folding the cape from the bottom edge. Carefully pinch the edges togther.

Here you can see how the left hand side is folded whereas the right hand side is not - just for comparison.

Step 3. is to watch out for any of these weird folds - they will ruin the look of the cape so try your best to get rid of them.

One you have folded the whole thing, it should look like this:

Step 4. is to place the cape on the figure. It will stick out and look messy at first.

Step 5. is to repeat the folding process but this time gently pull down as you fold. This should help make the cape look smooth.

Step 6. is to put his head on. This will keep the cape in place around his neck. The cape will still be sticking out at this point.

Step 7. is to carefully fold the back of the cape over itself to remove some of the bulk - it also reduces how much of the cape sticks out by his arms. This part is tricky and can be time consuming. I find a lot of patience helps.

Step 7. is to apply pressure to the front 'corners' of the cape - I press them into the stand to make the cape smooth and straight. The cape then stays in place as it has gripped onto the stand.

Here you can see one side is done and the other is not.

Then repeat for the other side.

It takes a lot of time to get it right. Chances are you will ave to keep futzing and altering small bits of it every time you walk past it and notice something out of place. I have found that simply leaving it and letting gravity pull it down also helps. Hope that was useful for everyone.

There's no such thing as sealed cabinets. Dust can still get in unless it's vacuum sealed. Or one of those small perspex figure display cases that fits over the figure itself.

I guess I could have phrased it better and "sealed" was the wrong word to use. I guess I should have said "closed". My point was that my figures are not out in the open and are exposed to very little dust or light, yet Batman still had the stuff on his suit. It's no biggie though, wiped right off.

I repackaged my collectibles until I have proper display. Dust is so annoying, but I want to keep batman out. I'm wondering is it a good idea to keep him sitting inside the batmobile for long periods? Or would this damage his suit somehow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back