Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read somewhere here it was $65…

Yeah. It does seem expensive to me..

I'm not cheap by any means, but these figures are expensive enough, I believe. Not raining on anyone's parade here, as I think Tony's capes are amazing.

Just not for this chico.

Can't remember what I paid. That was back when I honestly paid very little attention to price. If I wanted something I bought it, I was already in debt and I took the attitude of ''what's another ______''

Things are different now.

Can't remember what I paid. That was back when I honestly paid very little attention to price. If I wanted something I bought it, I was already in debt and I took the attitude of ''what's another ______''

Things are different now.

Thing is, the cape is so tiny it doesn't warrant $65. Heck, even in the UK, I bought 5 packs of leatherette for less than that. Each pack is about 5 - 6ft. Cutting a stencil or straight line stitching doesn't warrant $65.

I finally decided on a body and suit for Bruce, to go with the Batman.
After trying a couple of three piece suits that best suited Bale, I opted for the totally not screen accurate white tux look. A white tux is a favorite of mine, as everyone wears black.
2nb9j6x.jpg

24n20c5.jpg

30tghfs.jpg

Of course, there will be a Batman 89 2.0 in the future with an HT Keaton Bruce Wayne. Till then tho....

I also wanted to order Tony's cape but at the price Ill just stick with the HT one(Tony's cape looks great though). It looks all puffy right now but Ill get around to trying to manage it after I move.

Tony's cape isn't simply a cut piece of cloth or pleather though. It's sewn in panels accurate to the original cape so there's a bit more more involved than meets the eye. I prefer the HT cape because of the material used but I'd never knock what Tony charges for his custom work. He's extremely good at what he does.

Of course, there will be a Batman 89 2.0 in the future with an HT Keaton Bruce Wayne. Till then tho....
Actually this is debatable with what's goign on with the Batman Returns license. But still great pics!

I don't think we'll see any more Keaton/Burton Batman collectibles from Hot Toys any time soon.

Like the 60s Batman, Robin and Reeve Superman, I'd appreciate DX 09, DX 08, DX 14 and the Batmobile if you have them. They really are niche licenses that are lucky to have seen the light of day officially. Had they waited a while longer, I don't think we would have seen them.

Just got my Keaton Batman and Chris Reeve Superman today, both my first Hot Toys/high end figures. Absolutely amazing figures! I need to track down a display cabinet for them (there's no Ikea here and shipping for a Detolf is double the price of the cabinet) so they're not properly posed right now but they still look incredible! I'll definitely be getting more but if they make a Returns Catwoman it'll be an instant buy for me. Penguin would be great as well.

It's not IM or Heath Ledger money though.

But HT paid for the Returns license, right? Why pay for it and produce nothing at all? Isn't that a really bad way to run a business? I can see producing only one figure--probably a Keaton Batman in Returns armor--and then calling it quits if they don't think the figures will be popular enough, but to produce nothing at all means they're just throwing their license fee away.

I really do think we'll see a Returns Batman and Catwoman.

I think with Green Lantern Hot Toys might have thought the figure would be unprofitable for them after the movie bombed. But Batman Returns is a different story. Keaton Batman goes for big money on ebay so I'm sure Hot Toys understands that a Returns version will have buyers already lined up. And Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman--well, I just don't see how such a sexy figure with such an iconic costume could be a hard sell. I think it would certainly be a more interesting Catwoman than the Hathaway version, just for the costume alone.

But Comicon will tell the tale, I guess. If we see nothing from Returns there then I might have to reluctantly start believing the line is dead.

Not long to go now for that is it. Should be interesting. As a toy fan I'd love to see some cool new stuff but my wallet would be more than happy for there to be nothing that isn't already known.

I think with Green Lantern Hot Toys might have thought the figure would be unprofitable for them after the movie bombed. But Batman Returns is a different story. Keaton Batman goes for big money on ebay so I'm sure Hot Toys understands that a Returns version will have buyers already lined up. And Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman--well, I just don't see how such a sexy figure with such an iconic costume could be a hard sell. I think it would certainly be a more interesting Catwoman than the Hathaway version, just for the costume alone.

But Comicon will tell the tale, I guess. If we see nothing from Returns there then I might have to reluctantly start believing the line is dead.

The design of Green Lantern for the movie wasn't great either. While some characters (like the Sucker Punch line) still make nice looking figures, even if the movie wasn't too good the GL suit for the movie just didn't look good and it was too far from what we've seen in the comics to appeal to the comic fans, I think the only people who would have wanted it were those who buy every release and the fans of the movie and there probably isn't enough of either group to make it a really successful figure. As you say Batman Returns doesn't have any of those problems so fingers crossed.

Green Lantern bombed, but then again, a few Hot Toys licenses based on movies that did bomb ended up happening like Lone Ranger and GI Joe. Odd though, a 1/6 Green Latenr would still be nice and you could use the body/costume or a custom. But I digress.

What lines have Hot Toys said they'll do but abandoned altogether?

Back