Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geewhiz has been making custom dioramas for years. This one looks really awesome!!!! Post these pix around enough HTs might make it LoL.

If anyone is interested...

Custom 1/6 Scale 1989 Batcomputer Diorama
Price is US$1800 per set
Features:
• Twelve (12) Lighted Computer Monitor Screens (220V AC Powered)
• Computer Chair with Faux Leather Upholstery
• Two (2) Desktop Machines
• Three (3) Moveable Industrial Equipment
• Base Flooring with Grill Design
• Two Sided Cave Wall
• Diorama Size is Approximately 24.5x24.5x17.5in.

Wow that is pricey. It looks good, but for that much I'd expect at least as much accuracy with the Monitor console as the Kenner Batcave Command Center version.

Jesus H! Great diorama. At first I only saw this page and saw the price mentioned - $1800??! My first thought was 'oh typical, ''because he's BATMAN'' right?'. I then go back a page and see the pics and I'm like '.......yeak OK, then maybe' :lol

edit - after reading other reactions - 'but yeah still pricey' :lol

10391461_10203479807729073_5083355469112832748_n.jpg

Have not found the page on how its done, any help?

Here ya go

Some fellow board members have requested a tutorial on how to fold the cape so I've taken a few pictures to try and show how I approach it. Hope they help.

Step 1. is to completely remove the cape from the figure and flatten it out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Step 2. is to start folding the cape from the bottom edge. Carefully pinch the edges togther.

Here you can see how the left hand side is folded whereas the right hand side is not - just for comparison.

Step 3. is to watch out for any of these weird folds - they will ruin the look of the cape so try your best to get rid of them.

One you have folded the whole thing, it should look like this:

Step 4. is to place the cape on the figure. It will stick out and look messy at first.

Step 5. is to repeat the folding process but this time gently pull down as you fold. This should help make the cape look smooth.

Step 6. is to put his head on. This will keep the cape in place around his neck. The cape will still be sticking out at this point.

Step 7. is to carefully fold the back of the cape over itself to remove some of the bulk - it also reduces how much of the cape sticks out by his arms. This part is tricky and can be time consuming. I find a lot of patience helps.

Step 8. is to apply pressure to the front 'corners' of the cape - I press them into the stand to make the cape smooth and straight. The cape then stays in place as it has gripped onto the stand.

Here you can see one side is done and the other is not.

Then repeat for the other side.

It takes a lot of time to get it right. Chances are you will ave to keep futzing and altering small bits of it every time you walk past it and notice something out of place. I have found that simply leaving it and letting gravity pull it down also helps. Hope that was useful for everyone.

I used the same method, above of crimping the pointy ends. in the end i just ended up ripping out the inner lining of the cap.

I was going to get a custom one from Tony until he mentioned the price. I know the guy does great and all, but just hell no.

Back