Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very cool :wink1:
w.png

^^^ That shot reminds me of when he's staring up at the Joker in the helicopter after just blewing up the Joker's chemical factory w/ the Batmobile, a mirrored image

I'm waiting for HT to reveal the Returns Batman so that I could possibly avoid paying so much for this figure if the former turns out really nice. I really want that Batmobile to go with it, but I do like this armor better than that weird one he had in Returns since it made him look like he had a 6 pack.

What do you know, Returns is on the telly now. :) I don't mind this suit now, I guess it was because I just haven't seen it at all in over 10 years, plus it has the classic Bat logo correct.

I'm waiting for HT to reveal the Returns Batman so that I could possibly avoid paying so much for this figure if the former turns out really nice. I really want that Batmobile to go with it, but I do like this armor better than that weird one he had in Returns since it made him look like he had a 6 pack.

What do you know, Returns is on the telly now. :) I don't mind this suit now, I guess it was because I just haven't seen it at all in over 10 years, plus it has the classic Bat logo correct.

If you don't care about accuracy, what you could do is make your ideal Batman. You like the '89 armor and Returns symbol and cowl? Simply swap out parts. You could make your ideal version.

dw316 Keaton Batman

- Returns cowl portrait w/ symbol
- '89 body armor
- '89 gauntlets
- Returns belt
- Returns boots
- '89 cape

The parts for the DX 09 are sort of expensive on the secondary market (the body with armor suit goes for around $70-$100), but it would even out if you sold the Returns gear that you didn't want.

^^^ Hahaha Very True! I just might do that... seems like it would save more $$ Thanks DiFabio!

I'm thinking they might include a Keaton head sculpt w/ Returns, hopefully.

Just curious, were the gauntlets or boots different in Returns? It was probably hardly noticeable.

Such a great figure, but due to his rubbery suit, my DX09 has been in the usual museum pose for years. With a possible cape, finally able to give it some personality, still very minor, but a bit more effective.....

Last edited:
Goddamnit Tony. That cape looks amazing!

Are these for sale? Or is it just one made for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^ Very interesting facts!! Thanks! My friend collects Air Jordans, can't wait to tell him about that. I do remember that armor plating on the gauntlets of the 89 when I use to draw him as a kid, haha.

I actually love the '89 symbol . . . more than the returns one! I always thought it was odd how everyone thought it was strange looking. That always seems to be the thing that fans get weird about ("that symbol, that symbol"). To me, those "feet" or extra points at the bottoms of the symbol were a clear nod to the Frank Miller (TDKR) and Bolland (Killing Joke) symbols with their extra points. That was the style for Batman in the 80s.

tkjlogo88.png

batman400symbol.JPG

differentemblem.jpg

I don't know, it somehow makes it "edgier" to me. It struck me as more iconic.

batman-logo-4B1B19D493-seeklogo.com.gif

I also prefer the '89 suit as a whole to the Returns one, just like I prefer the Begins suit to the TDK one. The armored look is cool, but I prefer the more animal, "comic book" look as opposed to the armor.

Hi all,

I just subscribed to this thread DX09 recently.
I am interested to get this figure.
Does it have any issue regarding with his rubber suit ?
Any sharing would be very appreciated.
thanks.

Hi all,

I just subscribed to this thread DX09 recently.
I am interested to get this figure.
Does it have any issue regarding with his rubber suit ?
Any sharing would be very appreciated.
thanks.

Nothing so far from what I've seen around. Amazing, isn't it?

Back