Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice of you to offer that much help to a fellow freak, Fiend! :D

My DX09 is the first and so far only DX figure I've got with broken PERS. The clips on each eye where the plate was connected were shattered beyond repair, I now move the eyes independently using a tiny metal rod.

did anyboby come up with a way to make the dx09 batman's faceplate sit deeper in the cowl?

to me is the only thing that really brakes the realism in this figure.

howw about other mods? the only thing i did was heat up the spikes in the cowl in order to eliminate the gap between them and the body.

There is not much the seller can do. This figure has been out of production for a couple of years now. Even if they did contact Hot Toys and actually get a response, there is nothing they would do for him either. Unfortunately that is the risk buyers take when buying older figures of a limited nature like these. The reality is the PERS system is a cool idea but kind of sucks in regards to quality. It's not your fault, but its not really the seller's fault either.

The thing is though that as I said to the seller in the process of this, had they emailed Hot Toys and Hot Toys were unable to help, I'd have accepted it. Likewise as I also said, had they contacted their supplier and hit a dead end, likewise, I'd have accepted it. Unless I'm missing something there, there's nothing unreasonable in that in the slightest.

As for culpability, I completely agree that the broken PERS system was completely out of both mine and the seller's control. However the way the seller has conducted themselves through this, when the only thing I have insisted on from them is to contact suppliers to see if anything could be done, is entirely on them and has been nothing less than reprehensible.

Hold on, this shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Use some Apoxie Sculpt to reform/replace the plastic. It'll actually be stronger - apoxie holds stronger than the brittle plastic Hot Toys uses in its figures.

It'll take a lot of patience because the thing is so small (meaning you'll also want to use a minimum of sculpt), but you just need nimble fingers or a lot of time to get it right.

Anything you'd recommend on that front in terms of epoxy products?

Yeah, but aren't Depps eyes dark brown? Those wouldn't look like on the DX09, at least for me.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Is there anything in that comparison shot in terms of eye difference that I'm missing, because they both look incredibly similar.

Last edited:
All of these reports of broken PERS systems are even more reason why HT should revisit this with an armory, an improved (partially fabric) suit, new faceplates, and Michael Gough. :lecture

Anything you'd recommend on that front in terms of epoxy products?

Apoxie Sculpt, by Aves. Get the 1 lb package - $16 will get you enough for a lifetime's worth of action figure repairs. Broken ankle sockets, dangly bits, pistol silencers, what-have-you.

All of these reports of broken PERS systems are even more reason why HT should revisit this with an armory, an improved (partially fabric) suit, new faceplates, and Michael Gough. :lecture

That would be awesome :pray:

+ caped Diet Coke and glass accessory. ;)

I'd be fine for this to be a three-figure pack with Alfred and TWO-Keaton Batmen (one for the Armory display, and one battle-damaged) + a Keaton Wayne headsculpt only, even though he's never in the suit without the cowl on in the film.

+ caped Diet Coke and glass accessory. ;)

I'd be fine for this to be a three-figure pack with Alfred and TWO-Keaton Batmen (one for the Armory display, and one battle-damaged) + a Keaton Wayne headsculpt only, even though he's never in the suit without the cowl on in the film.

Ideally, I'd want three figures, but only one Batman. My ideal set would be:
-The vault, with the full array of weapons and gadgets in the door.
-Newly developed Batman figure with fabric bodysuit and PVC armor plating.
-Three new cowls (one empty cowl for Vault display, one standard cowl with newly improved PERS, One battle damaged with scraping effects and charred Batsymbol)
-Three new faceplates, as well as the three original faceplates
-Alfred Pennyworth Figure with tailored tuxedo and Michael Gough likeness
-Bruce Wayne Figure with Michael Keaton likeness, turtle neck, jeans, and glasses

did anyboby come up with a way to make the dx09 batman's faceplate sit deeper in the cowl?

to me is the only thing that really brakes the realism in this figure.

howw about other mods? the only thing i did was heat up the spikes in the cowl in order to eliminate the gap between them and the body.

I shaved the back of my mouth plates. While that didn't completely solve the problem it did help. The only other mod I did was cut out the inner lining and wiring in the cape to it drapes naturally. I stand firm in my belief that HT did a wonderful job at sourcing material for the cape, its just the execution that killed it for most people.

Is there anything in that comparison shot in terms of eye difference that I'm missing, because they both look incredibly similar.

What comparison shot?

New pics of HT greatest release thus far? -

ub4fhy1l.jpg

9By7Gdel.jpg

OrehlVTl.jpg

PFSsvYpl.jpg

sxF56zKl.jpg

6nbLnBwl.jpg

Great pics Sidious. I love this figure. I just got him a couple of days ago and he has instantly become my favorite. Now, I'm just waiting on the custom cape I ordered from Tony Mei and he will look even better.

Great pics Sidious. I love this figure. I just got him a couple of days ago and he has instantly become my favorite. Now, I'm just waiting on the custom cape I ordered from Tony Mei and he will look even better.

Thank you.

Yeah he is brilliant and congrats on the picking him up. What version of Tony's cape did you get?

Thank you.

Yeah he is brilliant and congrats on the picking him up. What version of Tony's cape did you get?

Thanks. Tony was only still selling the version 4 and the "final" version. I asked him which he recommended and he said the "final" version was the way to go, so that's the one I ordered.

Thanks. Tony was only still selling the version 4 and the "final" version. I asked him which he recommended and he said the "final" version was the way to go, so that's the one I ordered.

That is good to hear.

I had the 2.5 version from Tony but the one in that pic is from a person who made the cape from Italy.

My girlfriend just got me this for our three year anniversary tomorrow. I'm blown away by her awesomeness and that of this figure. However, I'm pretty bothered as the standard neutral faceplate has what appears to be a cut on the right side of his mouth. Anybody know where I can pick up a replacement plate? I can find the other two on ebay, but this one seems to be impossible to get without the cowl for less than $100.

Ebay really the only option. Just be patient and wait for one. You can also put a Want to Buy thread here in the Commerce section.

Back