Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just realized today is Friday, appropriate topic is appropriate.

I'll probably have myself a "fish sandwich" later today when I get home.

I just realized today is Friday, appropriate topic is appropriate.

I'll probably have myself a "fish sandwich" later today when I get home.

373009_142617772506309_1708920389_n.jpg

..Damn it Maglor you are making me say it...
No.... the...first...batch...looks ...better....

But this is simply based on two figures, that I have seen inhand to compare.
There could be thousands of variations in both batches.
But the solid chest sticks out a little more, which I don't think looks as good, The belt sticks out a little now, like he has more of a belly, bulkier. The rubber on my first batch bats, is glossier, which I lke. the paint around the eyes on 2nd batch is lighter showing more skin tone (a little too much) but this is probably nothing to do which batch. Likewise the paint on the shield is better on my 2nd batch, heavier paint.

All in all, I would say the only real differences of note, at least based on the 2 that I have, are the new hard chest (which I don't like) too bulky. And the fabric on the cape (which isn't as leather-like) and the points of the scallops are more rounded, a little cruder I would say, I know someone else mentioned this before?

..don't shoot the messenger!
Let chaos reign!
:monkey3

:lol:rotfl:lol

I think you can see the chest differences here:
1st Batch with "hollow" chest underneath rubber (much more accurate IMO):
DSC06955.jpg

And second batch with "hard full" chest underneath rubber (the belt tilts forward because of it):
DSC06954.jpg

Damn, :(

So does that mean that waist articulation is lost on the second batch?

IMG_5552.jpg

Someone here posted that the capes pointed ends/scallops were not the same on their second Bats. Thats also true of mine. Was it Maglor?

:lol That was a joke.

As far as I can tell, my two capes are identical.

ThAT'S high praise sir..YES stole pose from u or clipperking or movie...my pics dont compare to some of ya take ...until you get in hand and see up close of actual fig... then see your guy's close up pics or realy clear shot's of this one and make shot's look easy...i need to pick up a decent camera to take better shots like ya people do...so i alway's appreciate other's people's pics..

A nice thing about your lading pose is that I think you could leave it that way long term without damaging the suit. Mine has it's arms way up, and long term is not a good idea.

Cape futzing is way easier with yours too. :)

Just got mine...but I dont really like it.

QC seems all over the place, the magnets for the mouth pieces are not glue properly & seem to come out whenever I change them.

I even have an oily shoulder? (Return of the oily abs ala DX TDK) The back head. Seriously contemplating on selling it & see how the returns version will be like.

If the magnet kept popping out everytime you change the mouthpiece... can't you just glued the magnet in place ?

And what do you mean by "the back head" ?

Ok, everyone, I hate to be the be the messenger with bad news.
I just took the belt off both my bats to discover this. On both of them. The back of the belt was actually wet with oil.
where the plastic is coming in contact with the rubber, this is obviously why they ship bats with black paper behind the belt.

It's the DX02, Comedian all over again...

:(

And to answer Maglor's question yes he has still got the articulation. It seems that there is just a more sculpted piece behind his abs area.

photo-40.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, everyone, I hate to be the be the messenger with bad news.
I just took the belt off both my bats to discover this. On both of them. The back of the belt was actually wet with oil.
where the plastic is coming in contact with the rubber, this is obviously why they shop bats with black paper behind the belt.

It's the DX02, Comedian all over again...

:(

And to answer Maglor's question yes he has still got the articulation. It seems that there is just a more sculpted piece behind his abs area.

photo-40.jpg

Ouch. :thud:

Sorry to hear that.

Back