Hot Toys: DX06- POTC- OST Jack Sparrow review and pics (NEW PICS @ POST 85)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: DX06- POTC- OST Jack Sparrow review and pics (review now live))

I found that odd too. 4 star after 4 star and a 3 3/4 overall. The review makes me think it should be 4 stars, cause clearly the figure was, even if the price wasn't.

It's a tough call. I remember marking figures down when we broke the $100 ceiling. But I have to try and remain realistic. Though I'm preaching to the converted here and most true 1/6th collectors have taken it on the chin. I try to remember that a lot of Mikes readers find the concept of a $240 figure pretty alien. If the site was exclusively hi-end 1/6th then yes it is a 100% 4 star figure. And as we get used to this price structure and the pain subsides it might start creeping up. But basing it on my point accruing system in my head it's hard to give a $200+ figure the full whack, even if I can see why it demands that price. Savy?

It's a tough call. I remember marking figures down when we broke the $100 ceiling. But I have to try and remain realistic. Though I'm preaching to the converted here and most true 1/6th collectors have taken it on the chin. I try to remember that a lot of Mikes readers find the concept of a $240 figure pretty alien. If the site was exclusively hi-end 1/6th then yes it is a 100% 4 star figure. And as we get used to this price structure and the pain subsides it might start creeping up. But basing it on my point accruing system in my head it's hard to give a $200+ figure the full whack, even if I can see why it demands that price. Savy?

um...except Mike just rated the Superman figure overall 4 stars while noting that the price was very high (almost at DX level while receiving far less) and only giving it 2 stars for value.

But anyway, I still enjoyed your review :)

um...except Mike just rated the Superman figure overall 4 stars while noting that the price was very high (almost at DX level while receiving far less) and only giving it 2 stars for value.

But anyway, I still enjoyed your review :)

True, but we are two separate people, and I have to say the charitable angle on the Supes would probably have swayed me to give that a full score too.

I know it seems contradictory sometime, and as I've said, in MY view as a 1/6th junkie the DX06 is a full score figure... you're making me doubt myself now, maybe just hang the price!

HT said of Supes-
A portion of this collectible figure’s sales benefits will be donated to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation by Hot Toys Limited.

So I have no problem with that getting the full mark, and that is apart from the fact that the figure is absolutely stunning and deserves it anyway. I plan to do a condensed lowdown on him myself soon.

As I've noted many times, the overall score isn't simply adding up the other scores. Not only does every category have it's own weight that is different for every person, there's other pluses and minuses for each person that effect the final factor. In the case of a Reeve Superman, where we've been wanting this particular actor in this particular role for so long, I don't put as much weight on the Value. If I were looking at Jack, which I already have multiple figures of and could argue that HT is starting to bleed us pretty hard on, value becomes more of a concern.

As to the donation of money to the charity, yea, I forgot to mention it. But I certainly hope that everyone understands that shouldn't increase the cost of the figure - that sort of thing is a gesture on the part of the company, giving part of their profit to a deserving related charitable organization. They shouldn't raise the cost of the figure to cover the donation.

Awesome review guys. In hand pictures looked so good that I went ahead and Pre-ordered him :)

A few extra detail shots and a couple of how the head swap PERS feature works for all those who asked. And a few with the coat off as well-

detail59.jpg

detail69.jpg

detail70.jpg

detail71.jpg

detail58.jpg

detail57-1.jpg

detail55-1.jpg

pose17.jpg

pose20.jpg

detail61.jpg

detail45-1.jpg

detail51.jpg

detail49.jpg

detail62.jpg

detail67.jpg

detail49.jpg

detail15.jpg

detail20.jpg

detail18.jpg

detail17.jpg

detail16.jpg

detail40-1.jpg

These are excellent pics!
Great to see the details, looks awesome!

Thanks!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Im sorry but this is an EASY 4 STAR figure and I think the over all rating should reflect that regardless of the price.

I keep seeing more and more pics and just continue to be blown away by how amazingly awesome this figure is. Its mind blowingly beautiful.

With every new photo posted it just makes it feel like getting him is too far away! He's soooo awesome. I'm not even this excited about my upcoming Buffy statues.

Im sorry but this is an EASY 4 STAR figure and I think the over all rating should reflect that regardless of the price.

I keep seeing more and more pics and just continue to be blown away by how amazingly awesome this figure is. Its mind blowingly beautiful.

:goodpost::exactly:

Wook! Thank you for this picture and the review, made me laugh my ass off. I think I found my new avatar. :)

box9.jpg

At least one HK seller has already increased the price of this, it's been getting such good press. And no QC issues!

Answering on my own question: this is how it looks on the old figures. :D
Still body is not the original one, it's Narrow Shoulders body used in my figure.

If you see this dio. for the first time and want to find out more about it - check out this thread. ;)

Back