Hot Toys: DX06- POTC- OST Jack Sparrow review and pics (NEW PICS @ POST 85)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: DX06- POTC- OST Jack Sparrow review and pics (review up in a few hours

Total disaster... I was sooo hopefull, UGH.
Thx for the review Wook! Very helpfull.

okaywtfreaction.gif

Re: Hot Toys: DX06- POTC- OST Jack Sparrow review and pics (review up in a few hours

i cant tell if riddick was being sarcastic with his comment or not. at any rate the fig is far from a total disaster, but i think the overwhelming praise is undeserved also. a dozen or so people in this board have called it "perfect" in the past hour. i think people throw that word around too easily with every new release.

Re: Hot Toys: DX06- POTC- OST Jack Sparrow review and pics (review now live))

If only Indy could have been this effin' awesome.

Indiana Jones is off crying in some corner right now... Hot Toys has wavered off of their path of a complete disaster that they've been on lately. Hot Toys you better keep on this path.

If it's not perfect it's close to.

It's all about the likeness. If you nail that, the rest is just gravy.

i cant tell if riddick was being sarcastic

And I can - nupe, I was too serious.
For me it IS a disaster coz it looks nothing like J.Depp (yes I newuh liked this normal chineese sculpt and now the second one looks like it's twin brozuh with derp face) and overaly production piece looks nothing like the awesome prototype. Some time ago I knew that preordered item will look almost like the prototype, if not better (with veeeeeeeeery few exceptions). Now I have to sit on muh ass waiting for the cat in a bag.

For me it IS a disaster coz it looks nothing like J.Depp (yes I newuh liked this normal chineese sculpt and now the second one looks like it's twin brozuh with derp face) and overaly production piece looks nothing like the awesome prototype. Some time ago I knew that preordered item will look almost like the prototype, if not better (with veeeeeeeeery few exceptions). Now I have to sit on muh ass waiting for the cat in a bag.

how-i-feel-when-i-take-the-bus.gif

Personally, I never cared much for the initial Sparrow sculpt they showed with the prototype, but I really dig this newer one and can definitely see Depp in there. Now. . .off to read the review!

Now that's a figure that's worth every penny. It's been said before, but that might be the figure of the year.

Agreed... this figure is amazing.

It's all about the likeness. If you nail that, the rest is just gravy.
agreed, except when the crappiness of the rest of the fig overwhelms the cool likeness, ei. that medi+bay thingie.

ok, for what it's worth i agree that it looks like derp, and not depp. derp is a bast@rd brother of depp though, so some resemblance still remains between the two.

and for what it's worth i disagree that the production piece is less awesome than the proto. i think the final piece is more awesome than the proto, but since for me the proto was not all that awesome to begin with, as awesome as the final piece is, it's still not as awesome as it could have been. it's now merely awesomer, when it could be awesomest.

BTW, great review Wookster... glad to hear you were so pleased with him.

When I saw the new smirking scuplt I instantly remembered the Kojun figure, but had not realized Kojun also sculpted this. How cool (as you said) to finally have Kojun Sparrow in my collection :rock

:lol Riddick, you and cr' are keeping these threads real :clap
reeal...

i'm sure that sentence is incomplete. :lol

I think Riddick might need to check his glasses :lol

398407-2123150141_28_super.jpg

GODDANM, Coco! Read some posts above >:3

:lol you and cr' are keeping these threads real :clap
:lol yeah... *too sad face to find any smile*

ok, for what it's worth i agree that it looks like derp, and not depp. derp is a bast@rd brother of depp though, so some resemblance still remains between the two.

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Johnny Derp as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie :lecture

and for what it's worth i disagree that the production piece is less awesome than the proto. i think the final piece is more awesome than the proto, but since for me the proto was not all that awesome to begin with, as awesome as the final piece is, it's still not as awesome as it could have been. it's now merely awesomer, when it could be awesomest.

awesome%2Bmeter.png

Back