Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
people are calling this mans work a catastrophic failure. I can see if it was truly a terrible sculpture, but its not.

google indiana jones 1/6 and click images. You will see some that are not good.

I don't begrudge people criticizing this sculpt. It could definitely use some work, and I figure it's all fair since Kim and others get paid to sculpt heads for sale to overly picky, entitled geeks.

Great sculpt - the best that exists out there in my opinion. It is just too pricey for me to jump on it. If this figure was 179.99 I would have pre-ordered it already.

I don't begrudge people criticizing this sculpt. It could definitely use some work, and I figure it's all fair since Kim and others get paid to sculpt heads for sale to overly picky, entitled geeks.

point taken, im not saying its wrong to criticize it, but this is not as bad as people are saying it is. I showed it to 4 people who dont collect and arent geeks and they all knew it was Harrison Ford and thought it looked good.

Plus i heard earlier in this forum that this is not the finished product and some tweeking will take place.

Arnie Kim is obviously a talented artist so give him a fair shot. The Mark IV Iron man figure did not even give you a glimpse of the headsculpt before it got closer to release, so maybe by the time this one comes out it will be better.

Expectations are incredibly high because Hot Toys has the potential to knock it out of the park and did not do so here. But I agree--the head sculpt is pretty good. It just isn't as good as it could be. I still think fixing the hat will make a world of difference, even if the face remained as-is.

Too expensive. For $250, I expect him to look a lot more like Indy. Arnie, please?!

people are calling this mans work a catastrophic failure. I can see if it was truly a terrible sculpture, but its not.

google indiana jones 1/6 and click images. You will see some that are not good.

I used that phrase and I was talking about the entire figure, not just the head.

Constructive criticism can only help. the manufacturer will take note. But some of the comments here are insensitive to the Artist and some downright nasty.

Jim

ChickenLittlePoster.jpg

Just as sure as the 1/6 Joes were killed off by statues, Hot Toys will now start crapping in a box, stick googly eye stickers on it, label it "DX," and we'll just keep on buying :monkey2

Based on your advice, I have just pre-ordered 3 of Hot Toy's new googly eyed ____s on sticks.

would you tell the car maker how much you hate it 2-3 times a day? no you would move on to a car you want.

And how would you like it if people bashed the job you do at work? For all we know Arnie Kim worked his ass off on this sculpt and i think he did great. Maybe its not perfect and mayeb some people think it sucks, but i dont think people posting here daily how much they hate the headsculpt is fair.

I still dont see whats so bad about it anyway. Show me a better indy sculpt at 1/6 scale.

I agree the continuous bashing is pretty annoying. I am of the mindset make your opinions once, no matter what they are and move on until it is fixed or not. But I won't judge someone because of their opinion, no matter how harsh. Of course constructive criticism is always the best but for some people they have not learned that yet.

i love the headsculpt. too many bashers on this thread. Do a better job than him yourself then bash his hard work. Or just dont buy it and visit a different thread. /rant

Strawman's argument. The fact that he thought it was worthy of a heavy hitting license debut (one of Hot Toys "dream licenses"), the highest priced DX to date, a $250 figure shows that, Bruce Lee aside, he has little pride in his work to pass that off as complete. Especially with what the other sculptors at HT are banging out on the regular basis.

Just as sure as the 1/6 Joes were killed off by statues, Hot Toys will now start crapping in a box, stick googly eye stickers on it, label it "DX," and we'll just keep on buying :monkey2

Well now we know how you really feel about the sculpt. :lol

would you tell the car maker how much you hate it 2-3 times a day? no you would move on to a car you want.

And how would you like it if people bashed the job you do at work? For all we know Arnie Kim worked his ass off on this sculpt and i think he did great. Maybe its not perfect and mayeb some people think it sucks, but i dont think people posting here daily how much they hate the headsculpt is fair.

I still dont see whats so bad about it anyway. Show me a better indy sculpt at 1/6 scale.

The point is, the headsculpt of a $250 figure can't beat that of a $90 figure released years ago. And for that price, it should. To see proof, clean the goobers out of your eyes, have your optometrist make sure your prescription is current, put your glasses/contacts on and Google "Trevor Grove Indy" and be learned.

point taken, im not saying its wrong to criticize it, but this is not as bad as people are saying it is. I showed it to 4 people who dont collect and arent geeks and they all knew it was Harrison Ford and thought it looked good.

Reinforces the strawman argument. You should've shown it to your friends and then asked them if they think it's worth $250. Then ask them if they'd pay $250 for it. I'm betting the answer will be unanimously "nope." :lol

Last edited:
I know some are posting Photoshop fixes on HT's Facebook page. Have people posted on Arnie's page as well? Are there a lot of negative postings there (like here)? Has there been a response?

Sorry, obviously I'm not on FB.

I wasn't into FB either but when i realised i would be able to get through to Arnie directly about this I joined up (for the cause !!) & sent him a message with Marf Master's Photoshop attached. I haven't had a response yet :( (maybe he got hold of Marf ?), I'm definately not saying Arnie's being rude as I bet he's had a few sent through to him from people he doesn't know but I'm pretty sure he's got the message that people are grumbling about his work on this.

Strawman's argument. The fact that he thought it was worthy of a heavy hitting license debut (one of Hot Toys "dream licenses"), the highest priced DX to date, a $250 figure shows that, Bruce Lee aside, he has little pride in his work to pass that off as complete. Especially with what the other sculptors at HT are banging out on the regular basis.

Bashing the figure is fine, but I think it's going a bit too far to bash Arnie's character by speculating that he takes little pride in his work.
As Indy would say "Now you're getting nasty"

Last edited:
Bashing the figure is fine, but I think it's going a bit too far to bash Arnie's character by speculating that he takes little pride in his work.

Totally agree DinoLast, whilst it may not be 100% Ford it is still a very detailed, good looking sculpt. For some reason it seems that Ford is very difficult to capture from all angles in a sculpt (Trev being the only guy capable with his Raiders PF), I'm sure that as an artist Arnie will want universal recognition of his talents - it will be a pride thing !, i'm sure that praise & adoration will mean as much, if not more than money to him.

As i understand it things ain't finished with this figure & hopefully we'll soon see a revised more accurate (but equally as good looking) sculpt !.

I agree the continuous bashing is pretty annoying. I am of the mindset make your opinions once, no matter what they are and move on until it is fixed or not. But I won't judge someone because of their opinion, no matter how harsh. Of course constructive criticism is always the best but for some people they have not learned that yet.

:goodpost: People who like it and pre-order don't need to defend themselves to those who don't like it and vice versa. Your opinion is made move on. 90+ pages of photoshops and arguing. Geeez......

Despite the criticism, I'd think we'd all agree Arnie Kim has more talent than the entire lot of us combined. We are lucky to have him in this field. He could go off and sculpt anything he wants, but he likes Bruce Lee, Indy, Supes, etc. So I think we are fortunate in that regard.

I feel alot of the continued comments would ceace if HT would just come forth and state specific changes being made to this figure. Own up to the major flub up already ,state that is was rushed and move forward.

Despite the criticism, I'd think we'd all agree Arnie Kim has more talent than the entire lot of us combined. We are lucky to have him in this field. He could go off and sculpt anything he wants, but he likes Bruce Lee, Indy, Supes, etc. So I think we are fortunate in that regard.

I may sound like a jerk but I don't agree at all, I like the Bruce Lee heads I have that he sculpted and yes he's talented for what he does but not the most talented. Not as talented as other HT sculptors who should have been given their huge lines like Superman and Indy regardless of who "likes" what it should be about who can do the best job of sculpting what. Arnie can love Indiana Jones for ll I care but he can't cpture his likeness so in the end it doe not matter.

Never really understood the love Sideshow's Indy sculpt gets. Put the best repaint up next to a screen of Raiders and there is just as much to complain about in terms of likeness as this HT version.

Man I love Indy but the price and the sculpt just have turned me off totally. I always say I wont buy it and then cave later when my LCS gets it in, Not this time. I hope whomever wants this congrats, but this figure is not for me. IF the prices continue to climb like this my days as a hot toys collector will end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back