Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why people are preordering this. Can't you just wait? It's not like a Sideshow item where it sells out and you get put on a wait or backorder list.

This will be distributed through Hot Toys, Sideshow, online shops etc. It's also a LFL officially licensed product, a DX and Hot Toys' first Indiana Jones figure. It's not going anywhere and I bet they make a ton of them.

History has shown that once the figure begins to ship for a few weeks the price generally comes down and dips a bit. Afterwards, sure, it will shoot back up. But there's a very good, noticeable time frame to get a fantastic deal on one under the MSRP.

Don't be so anxious, wait for more information or improvement shots. Vote with your hard earned cash. If they see that people aren't pre ordering they'll be more inclined to fix the issues with this figure.

You won't lose your chance if you wait, in fact it would be the exact opposite, you might actually save money and get a better figure.

Eh, but who wants to do that? GOTTA HAVE IT, GOTTA HAVE IT NOW.

I agree with alot of your post. I decided to skip the figure unless HT makes massive revisions (maybe even then). However, why worry about people's reason for pre-ordering whether they like it or hope for HT revisions. Their money their choice....

I agree with alot of your post. I decided to skip the figure unless HT makes massive revisions (maybe even then). However, why worry about people's reason for pre-ordering whether they like it or hope for HT revisions. Their money their choice....

I think the general idea is that if you preorder your sending HT a message that its ok as is and doesn't need changing.

Not that the giant campaign in this thread against it will do anything at all, but I do hope they change it.

However, it's an entirely different story when you consider that their money and their choice is going to guarantee a subpar $250 Indy for everybody. As I said earlier, all HT's gonna see is, "Wow, look at all the preorders! Guess Indy's a hit!!!!!"

Last edited:
I wonder what Arnie is feeling with all this hate for his HS, dont think he's been at the end of a stick like this before.

Think 'hate' maybe a bit too strong a word - cant be bothered to read thru thread, but its the feeling I'm getting just scanning thru.

However, it's an entirely different story when you consider that heir money and their choice is going to guarantee a subpar $250 Indy for everybody. As I said earlier, all HT's gonna see is, "Wow, look at all the preorders! Guess Indy's a hit!!!!!"

The popular opinion then is (example) HT produced 1000 figures and only 50 were pre-ordered. The masses voiced their complaints regarding the figure. People think HT would invest more money making the changes hoping the extra money spent and revisions would sell the remaining 950 figures?

I would offer the opposite opinion (example). HT produced 1000 figures and 950 were pre-ordered. The masses voiced their complaints. IMO HT would invest more money and revisions hoping not to lose the 950 pre-orders.

IMO boycotting a single figure is less effective means to accomplish change. :dunno

I wonder what Arnie is feeling with all this hate for his HS, dont think he's been at the end of a stick like this before.

Think 'hate' maybe a bit too strong a word - cant be bothered to read thru thread, but its the feeling I'm getting just scanning thru.

No its definately hate. And rightfully so, no offence but he's Mr Bruce Lee, and as others have said, failed to prove anything more then that. I would rather see a person who can capture Ford get this then have Hot Toys simply allow him to pad his resume. He has seemingly put little to no time into research given how blatantly inaccurate the hat is.

No its definately hate. And rightfully so, no offence but he's Mr Bruce Lee, and as others have said, failed to prove anything more then that. I would rather see a person who can capture Ford get this then have Hot Toys simply allow him to pad his resume.

Yea, so you guys think its lookin good for Supes?!

lets hope he ain't a one trick pony!

I've always supported Arnie Kim, lets hope he can prove us wrong

I know some are posting Photoshop fixes on HT's Facebook page. Have people posted on Arnie's page as well? Are there a lot of negative postings there (like here)? Has there been a response?

Sorry, obviously I'm not on FB.

Yea, so you guys think its lookin good for Supes?!

lets hope he ain't a one trick pony!

I've always supported Arnie Kim, lets hope he can prove us wrong

I think given how this has gone, he has no place near something as lucrative as Superman and it should go to a Hot Toys sculptor with a more proven record who's worked there longer and earned it.

If you brought in someone and there first project was essentially a catastrophic failure, you don't reward them with a bigger project. Its like a slap in the face to Yulli and the likes as well, backseating talented sculptors to allow the new guy to hone his skills on big licenses.

I know some are posting Photoshop fixes on HT's Facebook page. Have people posted on Arnie's page as well? Are there a lot of negative postings there (like here)? Has there been a response?

Sorry, obviously I'm not on FB.

Dont think anyone said anything.

Ask SnakeEater, he seems to be in contact with Mr Kim

No its definately hate. And rightfully so, no offence but he's Mr Bruce Lee, and as others have said, failed to prove anything more then that. I would rather see a person who can capture Ford get this then have Hot Toys simply allow him to pad his resume. He has seemingly put little to no time into research given how blatantly inaccurate the hat is.

I have been wondering this myself. Surely as a professional sculpture and copping so much stick, he and Hot Toys would want to come out and prove everybody wrong and blow us all away. Or am I just naive ?

Because seriously i would be embarrassed with all this negative feedback!!

But I really hope he can deliver the goods because I want this to be my first Hot Toys figure.

Last edited:
The popular opinion then is (example) HT produced 1000 figures and only 50 were pre-ordered. The masses voiced their complaints regarding the figure. People think HT would invest more money making the changes hoping the extra money spent and revisions would sell the remaining 950 figures?

I would offer the opposite opinion (example). HT produced 1000 figures and 950 were pre-ordered. The masses voiced their complaints. IMO HT would invest more money and revisions hoping not to lose the 950 pre-orders.

IMO boycotting a single figure is less effective means to accomplish change. :dunno

I would ask, with the money in their coffers (stores are ordering based on preorders after all), what incentive do they have to change anything. I'm willing to wager a week's income that a majority of the people who put him on preorder and are taking issue with the release aren't voicing a goddam thing to HT about their concerns. There's evidence enough in this very forum to support that as most, even after receiving a dud figure, just accept it, vs. return it for a refund/exchange. Your dollar will speak louder than any post anyway. A lack of preorders would show HT that this release isn't worth the $250 asking price. A bunch of preorders and a majority silence says nothing.

I think given how this has gone, he has no place near something as lucrative as Superman and it should go to a Hot Toys sculptor with a more proven record who's worked there longer and earned it.

If you brought in someone and there first project was essentially a catastrophic failure, you don't reward them with a bigger project. Its like a slap in the face to Yulli and the likes as well, backseating talented sculptors to allow the new guy to hone his skills on big licenses.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Additionally, you'd think he'd take some pride in his work and not send HT something like he did, for such a flagship franchise. Based on what I've seen, Kim's a one-trick pony. Let him do all the Lees HT plans to release, but don't let him anywhere near other important franchises if he thinks he can halfass them the way he's halfassed this sculpt, ESPECIALLY the Reeve Superman. The comparison pic using the real pic of Ford says everything that needs to be said.

To clear the air though, this isn't hate on Kim himself (only an idiot would turn it into that), but moreso hate on this headsculpt.

i love the headsculpt. too many bashers on this thread. Do a better job than him yourself then bash his hard work. Or just dont buy it and visit a different thread. /rant

Only a fool would think this isn't setting a precedence for future DX releases.
ChickenLittlePoster.jpg

Just as sure as the 1/6 Joes were killed off by statues, Hot Toys will now start crapping in a box, stick googly eye stickers on it, label it "DX," and we'll just keep on buying :monkey2

i love the headsculpt. too many bashers on this thread. Do a better job than him yourself then bash his hard work. Or just dont buy it and visit a different thread. /rant

So if I don't like a car I can't bash it unless I can make one better?

would you tell the car maker how much you hate it 2-3 times a day? no you would move on to a car you want.

And how would you like it if people bashed the job you do at work? For all we know Arnie Kim worked his ass off on this sculpt and i think he did great. Maybe its not perfect and mayeb some people think it sucks, but i dont think people posting here daily how much they hate the headsculpt is fair.

I still dont see whats so bad about it anyway. Show me a better indy sculpt at 1/6 scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back