Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never really understood the love Sideshow's Indy sculpt gets. Put the best repaint up next to a screen of Raiders and there is just as much to complain about in terms of likeness as this HT version.

Totally with you all the way. The SS sculpt is great!. I know I am a newbie to the Indiana stuff but eck the HT just leaves me speechless!!! but not in a good way... I have just started my Indiana and not got very far yet, but the one thing I love is the SS sculpt.

please ignore the shirt :)

indiana-14.jpg

OMFG:panic::panic::panic: Just finished reading the latest Milk.

A direct quote from HT: The Indy figure has already gotten the approvel. The only thing that need to be fix now is the neck and the color of the shoes.:horror

So I guess they are not going to fix the sculpt. hat etc. :dunno

A direct quote from HT: The Indy figure has already gotten the approvel. The only thing that need to be fix now is the neck and the color of the shoes.:horror

Not to question you, but if that is true, I am happy I didn't preorder. Too much $ for something that half-done.

Ugh. . .

And I'm not sure Dorgmal got the gist of wofford's post :D

Though I have a repaint of that Sideshow head from the man making the criticism, I agree that it only looks really good from certain angles. My same criticism of the Hot Toys version, though the hat really complicates things.

hahah nope I just re-read it opps sorry guys... But I guess he is right but I much prefer it over the HT one at the mo.

I may sound like a jerk but I don't agree at all, I like the Bruce Lee heads I have that he sculpted and yes he's talented for what he does but not the most talented. Not as talented as other HT sculptors who should have been given their huge lines like Superman and Indy regardless of who "likes" what it should be about who can do the best job of sculpting what. Arnie can love Indiana Jones for ll I care but he can't cpture his likeness so in the end it doe not matter.

I'm just saying the guy could be doing other things with his talent besides sculpting heads for a toy company. Good sculptors aren't exactly a dime a dozen. And Arnie Kim could say I have better things to do than getting ragged on via the internet by a bunch of guys whose last sculpture was an ash tray in 3rd grade. Plus Arnie Kim likely had nothing to do with the price of this figure. So maybe we should lay off criticising his work ethic and talent.

Last edited:

What is Milk?

I really hope HT wont profit from this figure, so they understand that they cant charge 200 dollars for a figure thats not even that great. Even if they did nail the likeness i think 200 dollars is alot of money for a figure. The T2 T-800 for 143 dollars is a price i can understand, i hope HT goes back to those prices.

Dsspite all the criticisms, this figure will still sell out and we will unfortunately continue to see the prices going up up and away when Superman DX is ready for pre-order.

For the record, I did not pre-order this due to the high price point.

They are having a laugh thinking that face and hat are fine regardless of weather it's approved or not. Lots of crap get's approved and I dare say Lucas ain't too fussy on likeness as some other might be.

Never really understood the love Sideshow's Indy sculpt gets. Put the best repaint up next to a screen of Raiders and there is just as much to complain about in terms of likeness as this HT version.

Totally with you all the way. The SS sculpt is great!. I know I am a newbie to the Indiana stuff but eck the HT just leaves me speechless!!! but not in a good way... I have just started my Indiana and not got very far yet, but the one thing I love is the SS sculpt.

please ignore the shirt :)

indiana-14.jpg

:confused:

And I'm not sure Dorgmal got the gist of wofford's post :D

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I'd like to see what JC Hong could do with regard to painting the SSC sculpt, then we'd see just how good it really is.

As for knocking the HT sculpt, well, if you're a big Indy fan and want to see it done right then it's justified. Knocking the talent of the sculptor based on this one sculpt, I don't think so. He has done some fantastic work.

When you pay this kind of money, you really want to get what you're paying for, and, so far, you're not.

CHEERS!

Looking more and more like a pass for me......not paying that much for a non perfect figure. $200 plus, it needs to blow my socks off. As it is, it just raises my eyebrows (not in a good way)

Well I can live with that :)
Thx for headsup OMG, you're awesome!

The milk magazine article came out just before the specs came out, so that was before all of these bad reviews hit hot toys. I think they will tweak it. If not the sculpt the hat forsure. They have too.

I may sound like a jerk but I don't agree at all, I like the Bruce Lee heads I have that he sculpted and yes he's talented for what he does but not the most talented. Not as talented as other HT sculptors who should have been given their huge lines like Superman and Indy regardless of who "likes" what it should be about who can do the best job of sculpting what. Arnie can love Indiana Jones for ll I care but he can't cpture his likeness so in the end it doe not matter.

As an artist myself, though a different medium, I would NEVER turn in work like that and stand behind it. If I was forced to rush, you can believe that would be publicly known, with an apology for it and a promise to do everything in my power to refine it before release. Especially knowing what's come before from less popular artists no less and being responsible for what is arguably the most crucial aspect of the job. With each and every job, I put my best foot forward and know that the community as a whole will judge me, not by what I've done in the past, but by what's put before them with each new project. In this case, opposite of Sideshow's, we know that it's not the paint apps that ruined the likeness, but the likeness itself.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

And there you have it. Thank you fanboys for telling HT there's absolutely nothing wrong with the sculpt. Your preorders did exactly what I said they'd do, and HT approved it thinking, "Wow, look at all the preorders! Indy's a hit!!!!!!!!!!!!" Money talks and bull____ walks. I'm looking forward to laughing at the subpar likenesses of his future non-Lee sculpts and saving money (as I did in this case) because Hot Toys thinks they can charge a mint for a turd.

Last edited:
The milk magazine article came out just before the specs came out, so that was before all of these bad reviews hit hot toys. I think they will tweak it. If not the sculpt the hat forsure. They have too.

Hit new stand today, not before the spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back