Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is Arnie apparently stated he is fixing the hat and a few other issues. Hot Toys has known to suprise us and im hoping this is the case here. Look back at the Blade figure for example. Ill be keeping my fingers crossed they work some sort of magic on this figure.

Let's see how many of these 'pre-orders' are now cancelled when HT decide they're not doing a tweaked version. Would that force HT's hand?

CHEERS!

Oh well, on the bright side I just saved $250.

The elusive Holy Grail of Indy figures is still out there waiting to be discovered.

At least I can get a better shirt for my SS Indy. Maybe bash an Arab Disguise Indy too when all these extras get broken down for parts.

The article was probably written last month for all we know.

Most magazine articles are usually completed 3 months prior to press. While that probably leaves hope for some, I'd say no. HT approved the sculpt and has already sent the figure into production and moved on to the next 9 Iron Man releases and assigned Kim to either the next Lee DX (which I have no doubt will look stunning) or Superman which will look less accurate than Mattel's sculpt and likely push the envelope further at $275-$300. :lol

Oh well, on the bright side I just saved $250.
At least I can get a better shirt for my SS Indy. Maybe bash an Arab Disguise Indy too when all these extras get broken down for parts.

True enough I suppose, I'd get a shirt too, but, with this being a DX, how much will eBay dealers expect us to pay for it? I wouldn't pay over £30 for one.

CHEERS!

All I would really want is the Staff of Rah and headpiece. Maybe the Arab disguise and notebook.

I can see these items fetching top dollar when the figure comes out since they're the only things that the SS Indy didn't come with.

All this _____ing and moaning... does it have it's problems? sure. Is it 100% accurate? Nothing is. Arnie has already stated that the hat is higher because they didn't want the shading to cover his eyes in the specs... meaning you can bring it down more.

With all of it's "problems" it's still the best 1/6 representation of Indy out there in the market (straight from the box)

That's good enough for me.. although I think the MSRP is pretty ridic for a 1/6 figure.

And for $250 HT really should've included two heads... PERS on a head with asculpted fedora and than a regular head with no sculpted hat (for hatless look or arab disguise)

The article was written last week, and seens the figure was approved by the studio or even Mr. Ford himself. I dont know how many changes HT can do.

All this _____ing and moaning... does it have it's problems? sure. Is it 100% accurate? Nothing is. Arnie has already stated that the hat is higher because they didn't want the shading to cover his eyes in the specs... meaning you can bring it down more.

With all of it's "problems" it's still the best 1/6 representation of Indy out there in the market (straight from the box)

That's good enough for me.. although I think the MSRP is pretty ridic for a 1/6 figure.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol An "almost" sculpt and a wardrobe that's close but no cigar. They even ____ed up the hat. As I said before it's like they went off a bunch of black and white pics and memory to put him together. All for the highest price a DX has been set at. It's the biggest joke straight from the box. And everybody who preordered, the punchline. :lol:rotfl:lol

Last edited:
This figure sucks. Who ever preordered it is a dumb ass.

Which figure is better "out of the box," then? Sideshow? Medicom? Toys McCoy?

____ 1/6, they've all ____ed up.

indiana_jones_raiders_of_the_lost_ark_action_figure_kenner.jpg

kenner-ij.jpg

I don't believe the "shadow/eyes" thing for a moment. They have never done that before. And there is no reason to do that with contemporary photography and touch up. The hat fits like ____, the proto doesn't look like Ford, stop with the damage limitation and fix it HT!

Which figure is better "out of the box," then? Sideshow? Medicom? Toys McCoy?

Good question....

Sideshow's had weak paint apps and a floppy body. That said, it's strongpoints were the sculpt which has the best Ford likeness to date, wardrobe (I don't mind the jacket as while it's not leather, it pulls off the look) and the accessories, for $90.

Medicom's was good if you dig the stylized look. Overall though, it was laughable and looked like Indy had spent some time at Auschwitz and when he was released, they handed him an orange licorice rope to use as a whip. All for $180. That said, they got the wardrobe and hat a hell of a lot closer than Hot Toys.

Toys McCoy was expensive as all hell, coming in at around $300. Especially being released over a decade ago. But for it's time, it was the grail and still fetches a fair price on ebay. The wardrobe and accessories are especially nice given the time when this was released.

And based on that, the answer will always be subjective. :huh

If they don't change that sculpt, I am opting out. My money will go on DC Comics and MGS.

Last edited:
I think HT is a victim of their own success. When you bang out figures like Aldo, Barney Ross, T2, T1, etc, you set the bar very high and then you have to live up to it. If this same Indy figure came out 3 or 4 years ago it would of sent people through the roof with ecstacy. Now, it's not good enough and with good reason after the figures I mentionned. That price point is also ridiculous even if the HS was dead on. That being said, I just saved myself $250 if it stays as is.

I was out when I saw the price. They should have put all the R & D time into a couple of MM's, perhaps Raiders and TOD, got them right and then they could maybe have done a DX. I hope all this doesn't kill the chances of there being a line of figures. We still need a decent Henry, then Marion, Sallah, Belloq and Marcus.

CHEERS!

I was out when I saw the price. They should have put all the R & D time into a couple of MM's, perhaps Raiders and TOD, got them right and then they could maybe have done a DX. I hope all this doesn't kill the chances of there being a line of figures. We still need a decent Henry, then Marion, Sallah, Belloq and Marcus.

CHEERS!

If Sideshow didn't touch Marion and Sallah, HT with their "high profile character" stance, won't either. If they did anymore from RotLA, it'd likely be only Toht and they'd toss in the Ark to help overprice the release and then move on to another film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back