Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
indyhottoys.jpg

Great fixes to the sculpt... BUT...

BUT... even if they fix that -- and I doubt they'll go that far -- you still have the jacket issues, the hat issues...and look at that whip, and that belt, and holster belt...

There's just too much wrong here... let alone for $250.

This figure is still going to sell extremely well and be hard to find later and more $$. Hot Toys figs almost always raise in value.

Great fixes to the sculpt... BUT...

BUT... even if they fix that -- and I doubt they'll go that far -- you still have the jacket issues, the hat issues...and look at that whip, and that belt, and holster belt...

There's just too much wrong here... let alone for $250.

I agree, they need to fix the sculpt/hat, jacket and body for me to get excited about this figure.

I agree that the price sucks. But look at the current trend in HT pricing, from the new Pred's to the Mark V & VI to the T1 T-800. The new average is now around $175.00 for the major movie releases.

This figure is still going to sell extremely well and be hard to find later and more $$. Hot Toys figs almost always raise in value.

Really? The 2nd Sarah Connor figure was $200 right after the release. Now you could get her sometimes for $130.

Hot Toys figs almost always raise in value.

Who cares if the figure sucks?

And the rise in value is always limited in time. Hicks has come down quite a bit. They all will come down quite a bit. And in time, when this hobby is over, they'll be mostly worthless...except to a rare few.

Value is determined by what someone WILL pay, not what others are asking.

I wouldn't mind an announcement by HT on their Facebook page along the lines of "Since we strive to please our fans, the Raiders Indiana Jones headsculpt will be redone to match our beloved fans' expectations. Pictures coming soon."

I think it's funny that people are damning a sculpt when HT already said they were tweaking it...the price _____ing is also laughable considering the fact that this is coming with a ton of stuff

I agree that the price sucks. But look at the current trend in HT pricing, from the new Pred's to the Mark V & VI to the T1 T-800. The new average is now around $175.00 for the major movie releases.

Those are all pretty involved figures though with bodies made specifically for those releases. A normal, run of the mill TT release is anywhere from 135-150. The Wolverine muscle body, that's being used with Indy, was used on Royce and the Comedian and those figures only went for around 150 so it's not like we should be paying a premium for Indy because his body was created specifically for this release.

If this is an example of Arnie Kim's bright new future with Hot Toys (the sculpt and price), I can't wait to see Reeve Superman, lololololol.

I think it's funny that people are damning a sculpt when HT already said they were tweaking it...the price _____ing is also laughable considering the fact that this is coming with a ton of stuff

Recycled stuff! :wink1:

But T-1000 doesn't come with a SUPER DUPER DOUBLE-SIDED MOVIE-ACCURATE BACKDROP AND FIGURE STAGE!

HT said the same about Leonidas, Sarah Connor and Wolverine. Those were acceptable at their price points. Here, HT didn't even get the belt color right, which isn't rocket science. It's a BAD figure overall. The price doesn't really get justified just because of all the extra crap either. We get normal MMS releases all the time with just as much, if not more stuff at a lower pricepoint. Look at Marcus Wright, the Godfather or as MF posted, the T-1000.

If this is an example of Arnie Kim's bright new future with Hot Toys (the sculpt and price), I can't wait to see Reeve Superman, lololololol.

Reminiscent of AutobotJohn's first 1:1 Supes no doubt. :nana:

It's just showing Arnie Kim isn't the God of sculpting everyone. When Superman was announced and he was behind it, everyone assumed it would mean photorealistic sculpts of any character he touched. Yet his first work for HT is almost universally panned. I know he said he was redoing it, but I have that awful feeling where I'm not exactly stoked to see it. He'd better blow us away with the redo. If not, a massive shame, and waste of the licence.

It's just showing Arnie Kim isn't the God of sculpting everyone. When Superman was announced and he was behind it, everyone assumed it would mean photorealistic sculpts of any character he touched. Yet his first work for HT is almost universally panned. I know he said he was redoing it, but I have that awful feeling where I'm not exactly stoked to see it. He'd better blow us away with the redo. If not, a massive shame, and waste of the licence.

Not everyone. Knowing how underwhelming his Indy sculpt was, I was concerned about it. Even started reminding those talking ____ about the Matty version that HT's might not look much better. And if this is any example, it won't. :lol

Their Exclusive Bruce Lee figure comes with a whole extra body (basically you're getting two whole figures) and is only $220
There's only a couple more small accessories and a pedestal with Indy.

Lets face it, it's not the number of accessories that has pushed the price up to $250, it's Ford and Lucasfilm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back