Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

And I read that this guy will be released in HK next week... :panic:

Now where did you get to know that! :horror

I hope it was NOT from VALVOLINER's joke on the Barney Ross thread? :mad:

But i wish it were true :pray::pray::pray:

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Oh I think it was lol. Probably got too excited then.

Either way, he should be very close to release, isnt he? Couldnt be past January. The Falconer and Bruce were announced almost at the same time and the Falconer has been released already. Maybe since its a DX, it might take longer. Who knows. They can take all the time in the world as long as they put out an exellent sculpt.

Just exagerating with the all the time in the world thing. 2 months more, tops.

Either way, he should be very close to release, isnt he? Couldnt be past January. The Falconer and Bruce were announced almost at the same time and the Falconer has been released already. Maybe since its a DX, it might take longer. Who knows. They can take all the time in the world as long as they put out an exellent sculpt.

Just exagerating with the all the time in the world thing. 2 months more, tops.

Yea, I think they are still tweaking the face, I am thinking another month minimum.

I just checked ebay and the sellers there have it as if it will release in about 3 weeks. Hot Toys has not shown the updated sculpt, just the body. I am starting to think they will just relase it without showing the final sculpt, like they do with most of the figures...(Blade's improved face, T-1000 fixed ears, Berserkers height problem).

I just checked ebay and the sellers there have it as if it will release in about 3 weeks. Hot Toys has not shown the updated sculpt, just the body. I am starting to think they will just relase it without showing the final sculpt, like they do with most of the figures...(Blade's improved face, T-1000 fixed ears, Berserkers height problem).

I heard rumors (toy world and Toys Dayly) that Bruce lee DX 04 will be released in early january (first half).. and this is no joke dudes! :lecture

I heard rumors (toy world and Toys Dayly) that Bruce lee DX 04 will be released in early january (first half).. and this is no joke dudes! :lecture

:pray::pray::pray::pray:

Actually, for major changes, HT releases a 'backstage' pic usually a week or so before a figure releases. They did it for Blade and Berserker, among others.

Actually, for major changes, HT releases a 'backstage' pic usually a week or so before a figure releases. They did it for Blade and Berserker, among others.

I can'nt remember Blade II release, but I think that Berserker final version was showed just when the figure had already been released in HK.. however, the comparision picture with Classic was showed after.. (2 or 3 days later)...but not sure (I think I'm getting old, and my memory starts to fail :monkey1)

Wesker headsculp was showed a week before, for example..

Anyways.. HT said that the final sculpt for Mr Lee would be shown very soon in the "backstage" section.. so "stay tunned"

I can'nt remember Blade II release, but I think that Berserker final version was showed just when the figure had already been released in HK.. however, the comparision picture with Classic was showed after.. (2 or 3 days later)...but not sure (I think I'm getting old, and my memory starts to fail :monkey1)

Wesker headsculp was showed a week before, for example..

Anyways.. HT said that the final sculpt for Mr Lee would be shown very soon in the "backstage" section.. so "stay tunned"

Yeah exactly. They show the backstage photos when big changes are made. Sometimes Hot Toys are early with this, sometimes they are late.

btw here's the Blade 2 backstage:
Blade_II.jpg

That 'very soon' was posted on their page over a month ago on Bruce Lee's birthday... and still no sign :impatient:. The silent releases of Falconer and Barney Ross makes me hope that we'll have a 'covert' release in another 2/3 weeks

That 'very soon' was posted on their page over a month ago on Bruce Lee's birthday... and still no sign :impatient:. The silent releases of Falconer and Barney Ross makes me hope that we'll have a 'covert' release in another 2/3 weeks

Well.. I guess that "very soon" may be a very "relative word".. but IMO I believe that the new headsculpt will be shown in a few days :wink1:

Edit: Neverthless ..let's pray all together :pray:

Last edited:

Well.. I guess that "very soon" may be a very "relative word".. but IMO I believe that the new headsculp will be shown in a few days :wink1:

Ha! I really wish that happens :pray: and I dread the thought that If it receives the same response from fans like the last battle-damaged headsculpt, we are probably not going to see it AGAIN for a LOOOOONG time...

What sux about this DX release is it was suppose to be like a present for Bruce's birthday, yet they will release it way beyond that. It's if your parents bought you a present for your birthday and say you can't open it for another 4 months.

If the Hot Toys figure ends up with an equal or better likeness than the Enterbay ones, the figures will be even cheaper I guess.

Enterbay quality is surely not as good as HT's. But ...
... There is no discussion about the fact that enterbay is the bruce lee standard. You cannot find any discussion about BL figures without comparing to enterbay.
HT new one seems very good with a lot of extra but honestly... When u look at the face (both) none is as good as Arnie Kim ones. I bought a B version, not in a perfect shape but what a face. It is bruce lee and HT will have to change a lot a things if they want to be as good. That's just my opinion.

Enterbay quality is surely not as good as HT's. But ...
... There is no discussion about the fact that enterbay is the bruce lee standard. You cannot find any discussion about BL figures without comparing to enterbay.
HT new one seems very good with a lot of extra but honestly... When u look at the face (both) none is as good as Arnie Kim ones. I bought a B version, not in a perfect shape but what a face. It is bruce lee and HT will have to change a lot a things if they want to be as good. That's just my opinion.

Yes, Arnie set the standard for the Bruce headsculpt, but IF the HT Bruce meets or exceeds that standard, there is no point in getting the old Enterbay figures. They won't be the 'best likeness' anymore.

So you tell me, would u pay more for a Bruce Lee sculpt just because it is from Arnie Kim even though there is a cheaper equal or better looking one available? I wouldn't.

Also remember that the HT sculpt is not final.

I bought a B version, not in a perfect shape but what a face. It is bruce lee and HT will have to change a lot a things if they want to be as good. That's just my opinion.

did you just get the headsculpt or the whole figure? If you got the head or the figure can you tell me if the head can be made compatible with a BL3.5 body? Ive got the FoF set and changed to all BL3.5's and they make a LOT of difference in posing the figure

also I will agree that HT's headsculpt doesnt look as good at the moment, but Im positive they know about the standard they have to live upto and will try their best to deliver a product as good if not better than Enterbay. Also HT's paint has been superior to Enterbay's, the weathering on the skin looks better than any Enterbay release till now. Sadly thats the only part that looks better, If Yulli can sculpt the head as well as Arnie, then this figure will definately be the best Bruce Lee 1/6th made at present...

So you tell me, would u pay more for a Bruce Lee sculpt just because it is from Arnie Kim even though there is a cheaper equal or better looking one available? I wouldn't.

Me too... looking at the atrocious prices the older figures of Enterbay are going currently, I saw some fellow on eBay list the EtD set at over $1000 each! :O

I hope after the HT release there may be a drop in prices on Ebay on the Enterbay figure... and then Ill look to take advantage... :D

Anyone here looking to sell their older Enterbay Bruce figures in bulk? like 2 or 3 :p I may be interested if the price seems good...

What sux about this DX release is it was suppose to be like a present for Bruce's birthday, yet they will release it way beyond that. It's if your parents bought you a present for your birthday and say you can't open it for another 4 months.

I also thought a Bruce Lee figure would be released on his bday. But Enterbay was the one hyping things up and like always, they never delivered. Hot Toys just kind of surprised us all with their acquisition of the Bruce Lee rights as we all thought it was exclusive to Enterbay.

I would blame your dissapointment more to Enterbay than Hot Toys. Hot Toys will release their figure sooner than Enterbay. Enterbay did not officially announce their figure before Hot Toys, and they still have not given an official announcement, just some teaser pics, but they sure kept hyping the crap out of their suposed release of a BD GoD and BD ETD.

Back