Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

well I think that "real" hair would look great, at the same time like a few have said, there is alot of room for error :lol and who really wants to play hairdresser? :D

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Production figures don't look good with "real" hair. It only looks good when the correct time and care is put into it, but that would make the figure cost more than most of us are willing to spend.

I would not want this to have real hair. It seems to me like it wouldn't hold up as well over time.

Anyone know what's the best place with the best price to place a pre-order on the DX04 version?

real hair?? :horror

We all keep saying "real hair" but i think the correct term would be rooted synthetic hair.

I would not want this to have real hair. It seems to me like it wouldn't hold up as well over time.

Have we not seen Barbies? All Barbies have rooted hair & they hold up fine over time, so I dont see why this would be any different...:dunno

Anyone know what's the best place with the best price to place a pre-order on the DX04 version?

Sideshow. Get the exclusive so you get the extra body.

Sideshow. Get the exclusive so you get the extra body.

I can't believe the to-ing and fro-ing I was doing on this thread last month about whether I wanted this figure badly enough to shell out the 200-odd clams for it: should I hold out for Eb's figure, will the BD HS be fixed, will the body be re-sculpted, blah blah blah.

I bit the bullet and pre-ordered the exclusive through sideshow and now I can't wait for it to be released. What was I thinking?

Next time I will know better and just order the figure - thinking about such things is a waste of time and energy :lol

Its better to pre-order and cancel then to never pre-order at all :lecture

Its better to pre-order and cancel then to never pre-order at all :lecture

:exactly:

Whenever I think about it I do myself a favour and slap myself over the head for being an idiot.

If you were to pre-order do you have to put money down? never tried pre-ordering through SS before.

If you were to pre-order do you have to put money down? never tried pre-ordering through SS before.

nope and there is no cancel fee unless you flex pay the item

EDIT: there is some products that require a deposit but it will say on the order page if it does in a big yellow box

Thanks for the heads up. I also notice that some online retailers other than SideShow are also offering pre-orders. Are they guaranteed stock?

Thanks for the heads up. I also notice that some online retailers other than SideShow are also offering pre-orders. Are they guaranteed stock?

From a reputable distributor/retailer they will be. But sideshow is the only place I know where you can still get the exclusive edition. And sideshow offers ten bucks off for first time members, and there are also gift cards you can get hold of, either free from generous Freaks or cheap off ebay.

Dx04 is my first preorder from SS and I didn't get $10 off

I think you have to sign up for their newsletter separately to receive the discount code.

Sorry I didn't mention this, I had forgotten that's what I had to do :slap

We all keep saying "real hair" but i think the correct term would be rooted synthetic hair.

Have we not seen Barbies? All Barbies have rooted hair & they hold up fine over time, so I dont see why this would be any different...:dunno

I started collecting Hot Toys this summer, and just before that I started collecting Toy Story figures. I got a Tour Guide Barbie, and when I took it out of the package their was a rubberband in the hair. I took it off not realizing it would effect the look, and now it's horrible. You can see where the rubberband was, and the hair is warped. So yes a Barbie can hold up, but can also get easily messed up. I like that if it's painted, it will always have the intended look, and if it gets dust, you can just wipe it off. Thumbs down to rooted synthetic hair.

Just preordered the SideShow exclusive with the extra body. Wow, can't believe it's only $20 more to get the exclusive. I'm hoping the body comes with the hands and feet pictured on the site, so I don't have to dig any up.

Gonna be hard to be patient until Q1, 2011 (not to mention, knowing HT, it may be longer).

leehong2tiger231.jpg

leehong1tiger231.jpg

Back