Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Agreed. I doubt he will revise it too. As Rock said, 'revisions' would be an entire sculpt change.

Would love to see it happen though. Arnie is the undisputed Bruce Lee master.

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

what are the chances that another DX would be another Bruce Lee?

Ok, I searched for the news and yes, Arnie will be working on the Reeves Superman. But he can still give pointers to Yuli and if he wanted to, he could fix the sculpt in no time. I hope he does.

Last edited:

So Arnie is with Hot Toys now? If so, this will definately be the best Bruce Lee figure ever produced. Also, I don't see why it cannot be fixed. They still have time and Arnie could fix the sculptin no time.

More like "the next" Bruce Lee figure will be the best one ever produced :lol

This one is already in the bag, there may be some refinements but I would be very surprised if they would scrap one of Yulli's sculpts.

More like "the next" Bruce Lee figure will be the best one ever produced :lol

This one is already in the bag, there may be some refinements but I would be very surprised if they would scrap one of Yulli's sculpts.

It does not have to be completely redone. The normal sculpt just needs some minor tweaks like they did with the Blade figure. The battle damaged one needs a bit more. But since he was brought for the Reeves Superman, maybe he won't get to help and "fix" the DX-04. But at the same time, why couldn't he? There is still time before the release. I bet it wouldn't even take him a day to tell Yuli how to fix it.

I actually really like the regular sculpt... the BD does need a bit of tweaking, but even it is growing on me.

The regular is fine. BD is bad.

Alter Ego has this guy for $180.... but I think I'll stick with SSC's EX. It would be a pain in the ass getting the second body at a reasonable price on ebay.

I'm not saying the normal is bad, just that it could use some tweaks to get it to look even more accurate. The BD does need more fixing, but with some minor changes it won't look as bad as it does now. Maybe give him more of a frown and raise his mouth a bit closer to his nose? Since Im not a sculptor I don't know how much work that would take, but it is not as much as completely redoing it.
Also, couldn't they just use a sculpt from Arnie and just say that they fixed it? I bet Arnie has a bunch of Bruce expressions and sculpts laying around.

I'm not saying the normal is bad, just that it could use some tweaks to get it to look even more accurate. The BD does need more fixing, but with some minor changes it won't look as bad as it does now. Maybe give him more of a frown and raise his mouth a bit closer to his nose? Since Im not a sculptor I don't know how much work that would take, but it is not as much as completely redoing it.
Also, couldn't they just use a sculpt from Arnie and just say that they fixed it? I bet Arnie has a bunch of Bruce expressions and sculpts laying around.

i suppose that would depend on arnie's contract with HT and EB. its very likely that arnie's BL sculpts made while he was with eb might be considered EB property. And as for fixing the BD HS, i guess it would be funny to have a credit on the package reading yulli sculpt fixed by arnie. :lol

Do you think maybe Arnie pulled some strings so that HT could get the license?
I'm sure all the BL license, Arnie Kim going to HT has been in the works for months...

Maybe. They've definitely been planning this for a while... nothing like this is spontaneous.

Do you think maybe Arnie pulled some strings so that HT could get the license?
I'm sure all the BL license, Arnie Kim going to HT has been in the works for months...

Maybe. They've definitely been planning this for a while... nothing like this is spontaneous.

Funny, it reminds me of someone
Lebron%20smiling.jpg

The regular is fine. BD is bad.

Alter Ego has this guy for $180.... but I think I'll stick with SSC's EX. It would be a pain in the ass getting the second body at a reasonable price on ebay.

Usually I'll opt for the cheaper alternative... but with the reward points (5%) and the value of the extras I think you're still coming out ahead by going with the Exclusive version.

Even if HT sells the body separate at some point I'm sure it will be at least $45-$50. Not to mention getting the extra stand.

It's not as if they'll just die outright. They've still got two more Bruce Lee figures and at least one more Bruce statue.

Hot Toys should have recruited Arnie months ago so that the DX04 Bruce Lee would be sculpted by him and not Yulli..............

i suppose that would depend on arnie's contract with HT and EB. its very likely that arnie's BL sculpts made while he was with eb might be considered EB property. And as for fixing the BD HS, i guess it would be funny to have a credit on the package reading yulli sculpt fixed by arnie. :lol

True, but what Enterbay don't know, won't hurt them. Besides, Arnie has been doing Bruce figures even before he started with Enterbay, so those would be his.

I was one that preferred Enterbay BLs and looked at the Hot Toys one as crap, but now that Arnie is on, I think I changed my mind.

Back