Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Indy get another theatrical run, just because Crystal Skull is the only one I've seen on the big screen and that just can't be.

I don't care if if the movies don't take full advantage of 3D and match up to today's "shot for 3D" films. It will still be a new way of watching the Indy movies which, after watching them on vhs and DVD more times than I care to count, is very welcome. Bring on the "pop-up book" Indy trilogy I say, if I don't like it I'll continue watching them in the old format. As long as he's not changing the content of them film I'm fine.

Don't bank on this not happening either :lol

I missed the the first 3 Indy flims in the theatres.

If they release them in theaters I'll be all over that like stink on a hog.

Only one I didn't see in theater that I can remember is ROTLA. TOD I was very young but do remember. TLC I remember like it was yesterday. And of course KOTCS. But my very favorite memory ROTLA is going to MGM studios and seeing the Indiana Jones show they had there.

Indy has gotta be the most replayed at theatres movies. You can find one of the movies playing in a major city somewhere almost any weekend. Check out The Raider's forums for showtimes.

I've seen all three films here in Jersey and in Philly over the past two years.

I don't care if if the movies don't take full advantage of 3D and match up to today's "shot for 3D" films. It will still be a new way of watching the Indy movies which, after watching them on vhs and DVD more times than I care to count, is very welcome. Bring on the "pop-up book" Indy trilogy I say, if I don't like it I'll continue watching them in the old format. As long as he's not changing the content of them film I'm fine.

Well since Indy is essentially a collaborative effort between Lucas and Spielberg, I doubt that Spielberg would agree to any alterations outside the inclusion of any deleted scenes, if they exist.

EDIT ~ Then again, didn't Spielberg add some CG to the Anniversary release of E.T.? I recall reading it somewhere, but I never saw the anniversary edition.

The SE DVDs of Indy have already been retouched with CGI, look at the scene in the Truck Chase of Raiders when Gobler drives off the cliff.

Lame. 3D is a novelty at best, adds nothing to the actual movies.

Sort of disagree. In Tron the 3D was used pretty well. It was 2D in the real world, and then exploded into 3D when he entered the computer world. One of the few times 3D actually DID enhance the story.

Well since Indy is essentially a collaborative effort between Lucas and Spielberg, I doubt that Spielberg would agree to any alterations outside the inclusion of any deleted scenes, if they exist.

EDIT ~ Then again, didn't Spielberg add some CG to the Anniversary release of E.T.? I recall reading it somewhere, but I never saw the anniversary edition.

Spielberg removed the guns from the agents hands and replaced them with walkie talkies :D

Crystal Skull should be all the indication you need that he doesn't care that much.

Spielberg was bullied into making Crystal Skull. There's an interview where he says he was tired of aliens but Lucas nagged him to do it.

Yeah, I was surprised comments like that were right in the BTS interviews on the DVD, but Spielberg talks about fighting Lucas on the alien thing and you could tell he just caved to get the movie moving forward.

Spielberg was bullied into making Crystal Skull. There's an interview where he says he was tired of aliens but Lucas nagged him to do it.

I believe him. Steven isnt an idiot. Lucus is. People give Steven unessesary hate over the movie. He did the best he could with a nagging douch on his side.

"That fat ___ Lucas," as you call him, created Indiana Jones and Star Wars, so whether you agree with his creative decisions or not, it's of little consequence to most of us here.

He's still a lazy, money hungry, no talent. I credit his best works to other individuals working around and beside him, such as, oh I don't know, Steven Spielberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back