Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's still a lazy, money hungry, no talent. I credit his best works to other individuals working around and beside him, such as, oh I don't know, Steven Spielberg.

He even put his name on the cover of the Star Wars novel, though it was ghost written by Alan Dean Foster. Lucas is an ideas guy. He relies on others to flesh things out.

Lucas' ideas have been a little wild, especially since the Star Wars Special Editions.

He even put his name on the cover of the Star Wars novel, though it was ghost written by Alan Dean Foster. Lucas is an ideas guy. He relies on others to flesh things out.

Lucas' ideas have been a little wild, especially since the Star Wars Special Editions.

Yeah, I agree with that.

Lucas has always been a better idea man than a writer or director. The difference between the good movies of the past that those ideas produced and the junk he turns out now, is that he's become so powerful that no one can tell him that some of those ideas are bad and convince him not to use them.

The way I see it is that Lucas makes the movies he wants to watch, with little consideration for the intended audience. Hence, in older age he amended his view of Han Solo's roguishness, and introduced more childish comedy in both the Star Wars prequels and in KOTCS. Not that I view KOTCS as a bad movie, but just not in the league of ROTLA. Too many unnecessary 'crowd pleasing' spectacles, which didn't find favour with a lot of hard-bitten Indy fans.

"That fat ___ Lucas," as you call him, created Indiana Jones and Star Wars, so whether you agree with his creative decisions or not, it's of little consequence to most of us here.

Well he created Indiana Smith starring Tom Selleck.

I give him as much credit for Indy as I do Dan Aykroyd for creating Ghostbusters. Dan created the concept set in a futuristic alternate reality and starred Eddie Murphy and Jeff Goldblum, Harold came in and told him he was a giant dork and that he needed to tone that ____ down to make it a success.

Steve is responsible for casting Harrison and changing the name, not to mention bringing his direction to Indy. Lucas is more of the idea man. Hell Darabont deserves more credit for Indy's actual success.

And Star Wars is gay.

Lucas has always been a better idea man than a writer or director. The difference between the good movies of the past that those ideas produced and the junk he turns out now, is that he's become so powerful that no one can tell him that some of those ideas are bad and convince him not to use them.

Bingo was his name-o. He won't even listen to Steven and Harrison anymore, he only listens to Ben Franklin.

I'll remember him as a washed up idea man who was too proud to admit he didn't know better.

It's true to an extent, Lucas was the spark, but the brilliant people he surrounded himself with were the ones that fleshed out his ideas and brought them to life.

:lol

Great stuff above.

Too bad about Lucas, but it happens to them all, some worse than others.

There's no denying Star Wars brilliance, borrowed or not. Lucas made an Empire out of that "idea". Same with Indy. His idea. He approved everything and was smart enough back then to recognize better ideas.

That's his biggest problem now: he doesn't think anyone has better ideas than himself. He wants to rule over the SW Pequels by writing and directing (neither are his strengths by his own admission in 1980) and most recently strong-armed Steven (his once trusted ally) into doing a mediocre Indy knock-off his way or no way at all. And what do we have to show for it: very mediocre movies that only succeed in their attachment to films much greater.

I fully agree with the above posts regarding Lucas.

He created something along with dozens of artists, effects wizards and others. Lucas disrespects their efforts by actively suppressing/destroying their work in the case of the original trilogy.

It was a great day when Lucas lost to Shepperton Design Studios in court in the UK.

I didn't hear about this, what's the story?

Yeah, what's up? I haven't heard about this either. :dunno

Shepperton designed the Stormtrooper armour, TIE Fighter pilot helmet and, I believe, the X-Wing helmets off of the design concepts. There is a really neat photo I saw once of all the helmets stacked up outside his studio in 1976.

He started reproducing them in several years ago based on his original molds and Lucas sued him predictably. Lucas won in the states but lost in court in the UK.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepperton_Design_Studios

Yeah, in this case I'd have to side with George I think.

Or maybe McQuarrie should have sued both Shepperton AND George for stealing a look/concept design that he actually finalized.

Spielberg removed the guns from the agents hands and replaced them with walkie talkies

At least when Spielberg put ET onto DVD, he included the original, unaltered version. He didn't make people beg like Lucas did (does) for the original Original Trilogy.

That said, even if Spielberg "caved" on introducing aliens into the Indiana Jones universe, I still put that on him, not Lucas. At the end of the day, he should've stood his ground and told Georgie to go stuff it.

Anyway, the Hot Toys figure looks good, but I don't think I can justify spending the dough when I'm quite content with Sideshow's version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back