Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A gods power goes on forever.

George's faded to the point of the Star Wars prequels.

Tell that to his bank manager, and the millions of children that collect Clone Wars and Star Wars figures, and to all the people who will buy the Blu-Rays, and the thousands that go to the Celebrations.

Also check out his interview with Jon Stewart at the last Celebration, and the audience reaction when he makes an off the cuff remark about making another movie.

At least when Spielberg put ET onto DVD, he included the original, unaltered version. He didn't make people beg like Lucas did (does) for the original Original Trilogy.

That said, even if Spielberg "caved" on introducing aliens into the Indiana Jones universe, I still put that on him, not Lucas. At the end of the day, he should've stood his ground and told Georgie to go stuff it.

Anyway, the Hot Toys figure looks good, but I don't think I can justify spending the dough when I'm quite content with Sideshow's version.

Spielburg wanted to make the movie. Lucas wouldnt let him unless it was done his way. So....you have to please a ____ing idiot in order to do what you're interested.

I'm sorry, but that's no way to work. I know he loves his pal, but kick that loon out....:lecture

Tell that to his bank manager, and the millions of children that collect Clone Wars and Star Wars figures, and to all the people who will buy the Blu-Rays, and the thousands that go to the Celebrations.

Also check out his interview with Jon Stewart at the last Celebration, and the audience reaction when he makes an off the cuff remark about making another movie.

You're really arguing with me here? Seriously?
Are you actually listing the financial success of Clone War toys as proof Lucas's once legendary abilities haven't faded? I don't know what to say to that.

And I'll buy the Star Wars blu-ray set like most people. Are we buying it because its the complete set or because we must have the prequel movies?

Are the people attending the 'celebrations' because of his movies in the last 10 years or the ones from 20-30 years ago?

The people cheering about an off the cuff remark, like all the rest of us will always live in hope that the next one HAS to be better.
We all live in hope at the apparently happening Indy 5.

How loud do you think the cheering would be if he followed up the off the cuff remark with 'hopefully I can match the heights of the prequel trilogy but I don't know!' ?

Ability fades in the creative fields over time for all but a few exceptions. Not just films, the same goes for writers, artists, and musicians.

Figure seems to be having an overhall, or we would have seen it by now, I think the same can be said for Alice. I don't think we will see Thor again until the movie is upon us
And as for Star Wars, I'm sure we will see announcement just before we get woken up

Figure seems to be having an overhall, or we would have seen it by now, I think the same can be said for Alice. I don't think we will see Thor again until the movie is upon us
And as for Star Wars, I'm sure we will see announcement just before we get woken up

Im sure the sculpt is being revisited. Also it has to have the once over from the Lucas rep.

That would be nice but you could easily just bash your own.

0000007501_20060920143802.jpg

Granted you can bash a good TOD Indy on your own... but I'd rather see them take a shot at it.. ( especially if it is a DX as well.. ( Tux Indy please ?!?!) Plus if they would do their research there are subtle differences in the costuming.. fedora style.. pant, shirt color etc.. belts, holster etc... would be awesome if they could actually get all of that right too...

Granted you can bash a good TOD Indy on your own... but I'd rather see them take a shot at it.. ( especially if it is a DX as well.. ( Tux Indy please ?!?!) Plus if they would do their research there are subtle differences in the costuming.. fedora style.. pant, shirt color etc.. belts, holster etc... would be awesome if they could actually get all of that right too...

I agree, if the details are there...this first attempt doesn't show much promise in that respect though :slap I'm sure the sculpt is being tweaked, not quite as sure the outfit will get the same attention though.

Can't wait for the day when they show this revised sculpt...I was talking to Trevor and he said there are a few alterations like the bridge of his nose and his top lip needed to make it perfect. I just had to hear his two cents on HT's effort.

Can't wait for the day when they show this revised sculpt...I was talking to Trevor and he said there are a few alterations like the bridge of his nose and his top lip needed to make it perfect. I just had to hear his two cents on HT's effort.

Wow. It would be great to have his blessing on the final sculpt.

But is HT officially consulting Trevor on this?

No. I just e-mailed him to hear his thoughts. He is the first artist to nail Harrison Ford's likeness to a tee. I hope Yulli or whoever is doing the HT sculpt lives up to his high standard.

They have no excuse for getting anything wrong on this figure. After all all the R&D has been done, if they care to look through the work of the very talented Indy customisers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back