Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they would be dumb enough to "redo" a DX... they wouldn't want to cheapen the line further. They have to get RofLA right the first time with this.

Disappointed. I really can not understand. How can you make such a mistake? You Are producing in the DX serie right none other than Indiana Johnes! The world is in suspense! Hot Toys has a great name can do nothing less than a masterpiece. Instead they show us this ... I'm stunned.
HT! You must first put to work the best sculptors produce a perfect reproduction of Ford 1 / 6 and then announce Indiana Johns !
Same mistake as Bruce Lee!
Very disappointed! this is a guy dressed as Indiana. Not Harrison Ford - Indiana Johns ... very disappointed ... unforgivable

Overall this is a nice looking piece but I have an honest question. How is this any better than Sideshows version?

IMO, the clothing looks better (the jacket's not that great, but still better than Sideshow's imo), the body will be better, the production paint will most certainly be better, PERS, real whip, maproom outfit.

Overall this is a nice looking piece but I have an honest question. How is this any better than Sideshows version?

Paint apps are loads better.
The shoes are real, not sculpted.
The shirt is higher quality and better fitted.
The map room stuff is cool.
The idol itself looks better (perhaps too shiny though).
The whip is more realistic, though still a bit plasticy looking.
Plus the body is waaaaay better. My Indy pro was shockingly floppy!

Disappointed. I really can not understand. How can you make such a mistake? You Are producing in the DX serie right none other than Indiana Johnes! The world is in suspense! Hot Toys has a great name can do nothing less than a masterpiece. Instead they show us this ... I'm stunned.
HT! You must first put to work the best sculptors produce a perfect reproduction of Ford 1 / 6 and then announce Indiana Johns !
Same mistake as Bruce Lee!
Very disappointed! this is a guy dressed as Indiana. Not Harrison Ford - Indiana Johns ... very disappointed ... unforgivable

I think you hit the nail on the head -- they gave us Indiana Johnes, NOT Indiana Jones.

Looks just like Johnes though. :D

IMO, the clothing looks better (the jacket's not that great, but still better than Sideshow's imo), the body will be better, the production paint will most certainly be better, PERS, real whip, maproom outfit.

Thanks for the honest answer :) I've always wanted just one Indy piece so I think it may come down to either this or the PF. The PF has been selling for pretty cheap lately too.

When i first read about this news i was hoping to receive likeness in the same range as the t-800. But what is this, is it the result of not getting the likeness licence?

spoiled collector... i don't think. Hope your Christmas spirit has more to offer. Is there anyone who wants seriously discuss the work of Hot Toys?

If I remember right Sideshows prototype looked just as good or better when first shown all of the above issues weren't found until the production version. Were seeing HT's proto right now no telling if the issues on the final product will be similar or not but the head and hat changing is a necessity. At this point if were are going to compare SS and HT all we can compare is pictures of the prototype of both.

proof: Sideshows proto
picture.php

Hot Toys
5289979681_4a599f6613_o.jpg

Last edited:
If I remember right Sideshows prototype looked just as good or better when first shown all of the above issues weren't found until the production version. Were seeing HT's proto right now no telling if the issues on the final product will be similar or not but the head and hat changing is a necessity.

Sideshow is notorious for delivering a product that doesn't measure up to the initial product photos.

Hot Toys always delivers a product that is at least as good as initial product photos and sometimes makes small tweaks here and there to improve the final product.

This is why I'm excited about this release, I know for a fact it will only improve from here.

And you can't compare SS's proto to Ht's because we already know what SS's final product turned out to be. HT's previews don't look as good as the final most of the time. SS is just the opposite.

Well, with that Idol Chamber Environment I think the Exc. Belloq that remain at SSC are going to gather a ton more dust...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back