Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it a bit curious, why do the pedistal and not the Ark.

If they did the Ark, then people would insist on a Sallah or Belloq or Toht, then when they didn't deliver any of those, Hot Toys would "abandon the line. . . AGAIN"

Just to switch gears away from the never ending and pretty much pointless debate over HT vs SS.. The prospect of them dropping a fully kitted TOD Indy would be excellent... Full gear, torn shirt, Tuxedo, Nurhachi Urn, Sankara stones, sanscrit cloth.. tons of possibilities there...

Disappointed. I really can not understand. How can you make such a mistake? You Are producing in the DX serie right none other than Indiana Johnes! The world is in suspense! Hot Toys has a great name can do nothing less than a masterpiece. Instead they show us this ... I'm stunned.
HT! You must first put to work the best sculptors produce a perfect reproduction of Ford 1 / 6 and then announce Indiana Johns !
Same mistake as Bruce Lee!
Very disappointed! this is a guy dressed as Indiana. Not Harrison Ford - Indiana Johns ... very disappointed ... unforgivable

:lol:lol:lol

Thanks for the honest answer :) I've always wanted just one Indy piece so I think it may come down to either this or the PF. The PF has been selling for pretty cheap lately too.

Honestly, I'd get the PF. I've got it and it is great. Of course there are issues - The jacket is the wrong colour etc - but there is no doubt about who the sculpt is of and it is an excellent representation of the character.

But I'd wait and see how this one turns out first...

Last edited:
Disappointed. I really can not understand. How can you make such a mistake? You Are producing in the DX serie right none other than Indiana Johnes! The world is in suspense! Hot Toys has a great name can do nothing less than a masterpiece. Instead they show us this ... I'm stunned.
HT! You must first put to work the best sculptors produce a perfect reproduction of Ford 1 / 6 and then announce Indiana Johns !
Same mistake as Bruce Lee!
Very disappointed! this is a guy dressed as Indiana. Not Harrison Ford - Indiana Johns ... very disappointed ... unforgivable

I just happened to catch Indiana Johns on BluRay, really good flick.

With (as credited by mfisher) Treat Williams?

It's a classic.

It really is just about as classic as.........
25546iv.jpg

Oh wow!

See, leopard-print hatbands just scream "badass adventure". And also "gay". But mostly adventure.

But he had to take out a leopard to get that hatband. He is so BA its rediculous. Who would win in a street fight Quatermain or Johns?

Me? Nah.

:D

If I could get a Toht with a dead on sculpt, the correct trench coat, I'd buy it. Maybe even a full-stage melty head.

It's my T-1000.

Just to switch gears away from the never ending and pretty much pointless debate over HT vs SS.. The prospect of them dropping a fully kitted TOD Indy would be excellent... Full gear, torn shirt, Tuxedo, Nurhachi Urn, Sankara stones, sanscrit cloth.. tons of possibilities there...

Yeah this is what I'm more excited about...hope it happens!

Thanks for the honest answer :) I've always wanted just one Indy piece so I think it may come down to either this or the PF. The PF has been selling for pretty cheap lately too.

Even with some of the faults the HT looks to have at the moment, it still trumps the overall Sideshow figure.

Agree with Wor's statement two pages ago, most people here spent Christmas dissapointed about a prototype Indy. :lol

You guys who did are really good at being stupid. We got ridiculously awesome announcements all weekend, this was the greatest Christmas ever for 1/6 collectors and if you missed that because your upset one early half a year from product prototype without any official specs figure looked off, you probably don't deserve any of them.

Batman 89, Iron Monger, Indy, we got what we've been clamoring for, this was nothing short of incredible.

yes, those characters announced are great and i'd be proud to have them all in the collection if, and only IF, they're done great! this hurried subpar figure like indy just dont cut it. you want to do mediocre sculpts for mediocre movie characters, sure, go for it. nobody will but them anyway. but if you want to tackle a classic character like indy, you better dont waste anybody's time with substandard quality.

mediocre sculpt aside, what's with the bathrobe? a bathrobe??? how about a ripped shirt? how about his teaching clothes? how about a nazi soldier's uniform? for pete's sake, a bathrobe???

and i see that giving us a giant chunk of plastic waste is becoming a trend for ht. first it's the ugly useless chunk of rock they include for spidey, now this ugly waste of space chunk of rock for indy. what's next, a piece of the batcave for batman? a chunk of a meteorite for supes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back