Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the only paintjob I've seen that makes the SS version a "dead-ringer" and "perfect" "etc" Ford sculpt. I own several myself, and they're pretty good, but whatever the hell he did to this one takes it a step above any other attempts.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/WFUhdE84cuc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/WFUhdE84cuc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

But be patient with HT. They'll pull this one off.

Wow, I agree that there is absolutely unmistakeable. With the HT head at the moment you have to study it to see the HFisms, it doesn't exactly hit you straight away and the best likenesses usually do - like HT Platoon Sgt Barnes sculpt of Tom Berenger.

The only thing wrong with the head is there isn't two of them in the set. I think all of the dx sets have had one head with the pers and one regular head. This set only has one head and it doesn't look like it has the pers, so maybe Hot Toys just wanted something to show and they plan on working based on this, besides I sure we will get Prof. Jones, Temple of Doom Indy, and the Last Crusade Indy. Sideshow has already hinted at the Temple of Doom stuff.

This summarizes what's wrong with this whole debacle. Everybody's got this idea that every figure Hot Toys puts out is perfect, but the reality is, each one they put out always has something wrong. . . everybody's gotta break out their PS skilz. It can't be perfect to everybody all at one time.

It's called cognitive dissonance, "Hot Toys is perfect", "Hot Toys is not perfect", what happens when you try to believe both at the same time??. . . "AAAGGGHHHHH, it's not perfect, my brain asplode. This head is awful. FAIL, HOT TOYS, FAIL!!!"

They're not perfect but I do expect something better out of the gate. As far as ps stuff. What's been done so far is alright just showing a couple mods. It can go too far but I've seen some complain about it being done to HT stuff but not SS.

When what else they've put out for order and with what they've showed or announced. Pieces like Indy have to be pretty amazing since I already have 3 very good ones.

To me, this angle looks great.

Yeah, that's the first angle that had made me see more of Ford.

The only thing wrong with the head is there isn't two of them in the set. I think all of the dx sets have had one head with the pers and one regular head. This set only has one head and it doesn't look like it has the pers, so maybe Hot Toys just wanted something to show and they plan on working based on this, besides I sure we will get Prof. Jones, Temple of Doom Indy, and the Last Crusade Indy. Sideshow has already hinted at the Temple of Doom stuff.

Michael Jackson DX only had one head sculpt.

Watched that video -- still don't see an uncanny Ford likeness.

Although I'm convinced this is a one-off, I do wonder if this will be the V1 Joker of yet another Indy?

HT always seems to best their initial offering. Coincidence?

No doubt v.2 will be a TOD Indy. Hope they are making Mola Ram too.

I love that HT are making Indy. There is an overwhelming consensus that the headsculpt needs tweaking though.

It's a Hot Toys Harrison Ford people! HT will definitely redo the head. I wouldn't mind an interview with Howard on this figure.

S
5289979681_4a599f6613_o.jpg

i love this shot
i definitely see ford likeness here

Although I'm convinced this is a one-off, I do wonder if this will be the V1 Joker of yet another Indy?

HT always seems to best their initial offering. Coincidence?

TDK figs were redone because of fan demand. It's not an "always" scenario, otherwise we'd see a v2 Wolverine, v2 Comedian, etc.

Don't believe the conspiracy.

The trick with Ford is in his "half closed" eyes-expression, and never ever anybody gets it right. A friend of mine that works in FX did one that is amazing, but he will never sell copies of it. Sad.

Trying not to. But they did it with Batman and Iron Man as well. So its not a one-time mistake.

Again, TDK stuff was based off pre-production stuff, and fans were becoming increasingly ____ about the inaccuracies (it's why HT fans have such a bad rep in the first place), so Hot Toys figured "F it, let's make a new one".

Iron Man was incredibly hot, so they made a BD version. . . I wouldn't call it a v2. . . they corrected the inaccuracies in the Mk4/6 versions.

They could've gone back to make a v2 Wolverine with how poorly the sculpt was received initially, but they haven't. They still never corrected Jack Sparrow's jacket or height. They never did a v2 Comedian without the goofy smile. They didn't do a v2 Two-Face even though the final movie makeup was a good bit different from the final figure. Looking at the differences between the v1 and DX TDK suits, I don't know why there wasn't as much outrage over Two-Face. Pretty friggin marginal if you ask me. But at least Hot Toys will fix stuff.

Hot Toys doesn't always best their initial offering. There's over 100 figures Hot Toys has released that haven't been redone, compared to the 5 that they have redone.

People will always find stuff wrong with Hot Toys, it doesn't mean there's going to be a v2.

tinfoil hat for SwedishHeat

I have no need for a tinfoil hat, I don't believe in any conspiracy.

Watching ROTLA now and HT's sculpt looks like the serious Ford we see during almost the entire idol sequence. I can't wait to see the final product now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back