Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HT Indy.. I'm in.

Not that excited about SW since we will only get 1 or 2 (Maybe) a year from them so its not that big a deal.

Not that excited about SW since we will only get 1 or 2 (Maybe) a year from them so its not that big a deal.
Hot Toys has released those Iron Man 2 figures more quickly in succession than any Sideshow line I'm aware of (excluding the Sideshow trooper repaints, which don't really count IMO).

Oh boy another "I wish HT would do this", thread....Hot Toys DX Indiana Jo....

I suppose we can't say HT will never do ..... again. It appears like everything is up for grabs. Found a way to get one Lucas license, if they get the grail of Lucas look out :panic:

I posted a question on the Sideshow Q&A section. Hopefully they'll answer:

I just read the announcement from Hot Toys for their DX Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones. I see that this is labeled as a collaboration with you guys, but I want to know what this may mean for the future of the Indy 1/6 line. You guys had announced a Temple of Doom Indy possibly collaborated with Hot Toys. Is that still going to happen or is Hot Toys going to take that over? Will the Indy line be Hot Toys's baby now? Will they continue the line instead of Sideshow?

Basically I want to know if Sideshow is pretty much giving up on the line and handing the reins over to Hot Toys. Is the "collaboration" just in name, i.e. Sideshow is subcontracting the line to HT? And is this the only figure HT will make AND be the last figure produced for the line? Or will Sideshow continue to make secondary figures (Short Round, Mola, etc.) and leave the big guy to HT?

So many questions!

lets not forget one important thing...these 2 franchises are being made by HT...HOT TOYS. any inaccuracies picked up by the fans will be altered to match what we see onscreen. will it be 100%? probably not, but as long as they end up being 97%, it's definitely going be 97% more than what's been offered by other companies.

not trying to step on anyone's toes, but seeing how this thread has already hit 25 pgs (and counting), we're ALL excited that HT has finally got the licenses and we all know they're gonna set another benchmark.

Hot Toys has released those Iron Man 2 figures more quickly in succession than any Sideshow line I'm aware of (excluding the Sideshow trooper repaints, which don't really count IMO).

I won't get my hopes up that it would be more than 2 a year from SW.

Thats probably a good guess. I am very excited about Indy... this one is going to rock.

Wow this was completely unexpected. Pretty awesome even though I've spent a ton on my own custom. No worries though. I'm really excited to see the sculpt and paint apps as well as the jacket! It's the one thing I still have to upgrade on my own Indy.

I won't get my hopes up that it would be more than 2 a year from SW.
That's fine, but I'm not sure why you are expecting Hot Toys to act more slowly than any other company. They actually seem very prompt and productive compared to much of the competition out there.

Hot Toys' main issue (if you consider it that--I think it is just good business. . .) is that they don't finish lines. But I would argue that they haven't had many lines with lots of popular characters that it was worth their while to finish. Certainly, nothing like Star Wars. They are producing the heck out of the Terminator and Iron Man lines, because they sell. This year alone with Terminator, we've see T2 T-800, T-1000, Sarah Connor, Sarah as T-1000, and T1 T-800. Would you expect more from Sideshow?

I'm still not completely buying that HT is gonna get the 1/6 license, though, until I see it.

Since itll will be a dx, it will probably have the brown jacket indy and most likely the map room desert wear. CANNOT wait!!

That's my guess as well as my hope! This is truly an amazing day for 1/6 and Indy fans! I never thought this would happen! Thanks to Sideshow for sharing the wealth!

I am looking forward to this figure, but I am hoping that they get the face sculpt exactly right. Harrison Ford is a difficult likeness, and HT has been producing some less-than-perfect sculpts lately. He needs to be as awesome as the Terminator Salvation Christian Bale, or the recent Arnold Schwarzenegger figures. Keeping my fingers crossed!

:exactly:

Will need it for the PERS anyway, so may as well be this way.

I'm not sure how it would function in reality but, theoretically there should just be one head, with removable top, one top is just hair and the other is the hat.

I am looking forward to this figure, but I am hoping that they get the face sculpt exactly right. Harrison Ford is a difficult likeness, and HT has been producing some less-than-perfect sculpts lately. He needs to be as awesome as the Terminator Salvation Christian Bale, or the recent Arnold Schwarzenegger figures. Keeping my fingers crossed!

well, so far, the only sculpts that were off (imo) is wolverine. that's about it. everything else is REALLY close or spot on.

you look at the T2 line, TDK line, the bruce lee fig (save for the alt expression, that still needs work), royce, blade...i think we're in safe hands.

95% of their sculpts are spot on. i'm confident they're gonna knock this outta the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back