Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More excited about the SW teaser, but really interested in the DX Indy. Really Exciting news

well, so far, the only sculpts that were off (imo) is wolverine. that's about it. everything else is REALLY close or spot on.

you look at the T2 line, TDK line, the bruce lee fig (save for the alt expression, that still needs work), royce, blade...i think we're in safe hands.

95% of their sculpts are spot on. i'm confident they're gonna knock this outta the park.

Prince Dastan..looks nothing like Jake imo, and i know many don't like any of the t2 sarah conner sculpts.

That sound you hear is the sound of the after-market value of Sideshow's 1:6 Indy figures crashing to the ground...

Thats what I was thinking. Now I know why Sideshow was giving away the Exclusive Toht figure I won from Spooktacular. I am going to sell him once I get him shipped, now I will probably only get $50 for him...

Last edited:
Pretty cool news. Indy will be amazing, I'm sure. I just want to learn more about the deal going on between Hot Toys and Sideshow. Could Sideshow be handing off their 1/6 business to Hot Toys? I don't think too many people would see that as a bad thing...

My only problem with that is now all 1/6 figures will be at the price point PFs used to be. :monkey2

Prince Dastan..looks nothing like Jake imo, and i know many don't like any of the t2 sarah conner sculpts.

i forgot about dastan...as for sarah...well, to be honest, that sculpt looks a lot more like the actress than dastan to the actor. i think sarah's thin neck is throwing off the likeness.

but like i said, 95% of the time, HT's sculpts are spot on.

This is great news as there is definitely a gap in my collection regarding both of these franchises. It's just one that personally I didn't care to fill with the current offerings from Sideshow.

Excited to see what HT's will come up with and how they'll work the license with Sideshow's already current figure lineup.

Have to say though, to all those people that bashed on the freaks that made threads about what if HT's did SW etc....anything can happen and personally I'm stoked it did!

Bring on the Reeve Superman!

Holy crap!

I'm perfectly happy with my Sideshow Raiders Indy, but I know I'll cave and get this too.

Well, not sure if I should be chasing after a Sideshow 1/6 Darth Vader now. Maybe it would be best to wait until HT does one (hopefully within a year or so if they decide to do Vader first). But I don't like waiting for stuff.

HT Chewbacca anyone?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! Hahahahahahahahhahahahaaaahahahahaahh Hot toys Indiana!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD thank you!!

I like so many others have spent a small fortune bashing an Indy, but after a year and a half trying to sort a head for him...thank you HT. I'm curious to see which parts (if any) of the bash might be better than what HT puts out though. Sovereign jacket (unlikely), Newline Aldens (just maybe), mfisher's whip/belt/holster/bag (most likely).

I'm very tempted to sell of all of my Star Wars figs now before they become worthless one by one :lol

Lets break this down, SO it's gonna be a Raiders DX indy...
I'm thinking,
2 heads one 'hatted', one 'hatless', PERS eye system?
Slim Muscled body, like Royce.
Indy outfit, Map room & german Soldier? (the jacket SHOULD be incredible, boots should be laced but they will be moulded. If Newline starts making them again now, they'll make a fortune!).
Accurate leatherwork and buckles. Accurate weapons.
Multiple hands, gloved also.
MUST have a 'real' braided whip, wired for posability.
Accessories-
Golden idol, that's a given. Idol chamber base?
Ark?- we can dream.

Tell you what I'd absolutely sell my soul for. A 1/6 articulated posable Arabian Horse. But that will never happen.
But they did make the Batmobile etc so you never know?

Lets break this down, SO it's gonna be a Raiders DX indy...
I'm thinking,
2 heads one 'hatted', one 'hatless', PERS eye system?
Slim Muscled body, like Royce.
Indy outfit, Map room & german Soldier? (the jacket SHOULD be incredible, boots should be laced but they will be moulded. If Newline starts making them again now, they'll make a fortune!).
Accurate leatherwork and buckles. Accurate weapons.
Multiple hands, gloved also.
MUST have a 'real' braided whip, wired for posability.
Accessories-
Golden idol, that's a given. Idol chamber base?
Ark?- we can dream.

Tell you what I'd absolutely sell my soul for. A 1/6 articulated posable Arabian Horse. But that will never happen.
But they did make the Batmobile etc so you never know?

seeing how this is HT, there won't be a need for 2 heads, one hatless and one with hat. HT will make a hat that you can put on or take off. if they do two heads, one will be a neutral expression, the other smirking, and both heads will be able to wear the fedora.

seeing how this is HT, there won't be a need for 2 heads, one hatless and one with hat. HT will make a hat that you can put on or take off. if they do two heads, one will be a neutral expression, the other smirking, and both heads will be able to wear the fedora.

I sincerely hope not. If the hatless head can look normal without wearing the hat, then the hat on the head will not look right. And you don't mess with how Indy wears his Fedora

I sincerely hope so but doubt it, this has long been an issue with heads and hats.

they can do it.

they have the money.

they have the technology.

.....am i doing it right? what's the line from the million dollar man?

I sincerely hope so but doubt it, this has long been an issue with heads and hats.

Arnie Kim made an Indy where his hair was matted down and the hat was removable. They may go this route but i hope they give him pers eyes and just have the sculpt similar to Sideshows. It wouldn't suprise me either if they call on Trev to knock out a Indy sculpt and then tweek it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back