Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have problems attaching the weathervane to the bottom base?

My vane pole seems to be too big to fix in the base...

Thanks guys. I really, really dig the BD figure. Forget the regular Luke figure, forget the weather vane, the BD figure is what makes the set. Sure, there could be some improvements, and Rory already showed us what some weathering can do for this figure. I wish the bd hair piece was more complicated in it's sculpt though, maybe some gaps and stray strands here or there. Would help the realism.

Yeah, I have no doubt this is how I'll feel when I crack him open. I was back and forth for a while, but I'm definitely going with the BD for display with the rest of my collection. :exactly:

yeah, starting to really lean towards the bd version. rory's weathering of that outfit is amazing and definitely has me tempted to try and give it a shot.

Anyone have problems attaching the weathervane to the bottom base?

My vane pole seems to be too big to fix in the base...

I had that problem with mine, just push it in really hard! The hole is a little tight but it does go in...and the more I type the ruder this post sounds!

I hate to be the guy who posts this, but I received mine about 30 mins ago. So I pulled out the nitrate gloves, put them on and started examining the figure. First, I would like to say the figure itself looks great, and I can't wait until its time to display it. But, as I was examining the head sculpt, the hair literally fell into my other hand. Upon further examination I noticed that both magnets had been stuck together and separated from the head sculpt/hair. After discovering this, I grabbed the BD Luke and did the same, but noticed only (1) magnet was loose (head sculpt one). **** HTs, seriously I just paid a large chunck of change for this guy, and I already have to repair it. GET FAKEN AN ADHESIVE THAT BONDS WELL! At this point, I figure I will repair it, but not sure what type of adhesive is required for the magnet to stick firmly. Anyone else encounter this issue? If so what adhesive do you recommend, and is this even worth bringing up to HTs customer service? It's a love/hate relationship right now, which should only be love. :mad:

I hate to be the guy who posts this, but I received mine about 30 mins ago. So I pulled out the nitrate gloves, put them on and started examining the figure. First, I would like to say the figure itself looks great, and I can't wait until its time to display it. But, as I was examining the head sculpt, the hair literally fell into my other hand. Upon further examination I noticed that both magnets had been stuck together and separated from the head sculpt/hair. After discovering this, I grabbed the BD Luke and did the same, but noticed only (1) magnet was loose (head sculpt one). **** HTs, seriously I just paid a large chunck of change for this guy, and I already have to repair it. GET FAKEN AN ADHESIVE THAT BONDS WELL! At this point, I figure I will repair it, but not sure what type of adhesive is required for the magnet to stick firmly. Anyone else encounter this issue? If so what adhesive do you recommend, and is this even worth bringing up to HTs customer service? It's a love/hate relationship right now, which should only be love. :mad:

Firstly if you look through just a previous page of posts you will see this issue has been discussed already and secondly SUPERGLUE! It's a wonderful thing.

Glue seems to be an issue for 75% of the figures so far. Wide spread problem. Happens to the iron man masks too.

Glue that doesn't stick, who'd have thought?

If there's gonna be an issue, I'm glad its this one rather than something that requires replacement.

Check your belts for missing buttons too.

Magnets are no real issue. Both mine came off immediately and I fixed with glue and moved on.

Oh yeh and I must echo the bd figure being the highlight of the set. Also ditched displaying the weather vane. Didn't expect it to be my favourite.

Firstly if you look through just a previous page of posts you will see this issue has been discussed already and secondly SUPERGLUE! It's a wonderful thing.

1 drop of super glue should work, cyanoacrylate bonds well to metal, and lol at the gloves!

Yeah I figured it would have with other members, just pisses me off. Thanks. Superglue it is! I wonder though, if enough of us complain perhaps in the future HTs will smarten up.

I don't think I have ever felt any of my collection without the gloves on, I feel like I should be on a crime scene with them on haha :rotfl. But I feel that my excessive hand sweat will ruin the figure, sweatest hands and back on the planet right here.

Glue seems to be an issue for 75% of the figures so far. Wide spread problem. Happens to the iron man masks too.

Glue that doesn't stick, who'd have thought?

If there's gonna be an issue, I'm glad its this one rather than something that requires replacement.

Check your belts for missing buttons too.

Magnets are no real issue. Both mine came off immediately and I fixed with glue and moved on.

Oh yeh and I must echo the bd figure being the highlight of the set. Also ditched displaying the weather vane. Didn't expect it to be my favourite.

I'm rather new to the hobby, I have over 20 figures still sitting in their boxes, at the moment the displaying options are what's holding me back. So I guess I'm forewarned upon opening the rest of the collection I have. I agree with glue being the only issue, but smarten up HTs. I have to get on the belts too, I just got aggravated and put him away after the magnet issues.

I guess the moving on with me is the issue, especially after working in customer service some time ago in retail. I feel HTs is the worst with theirs, and its ok, because not too many people complain about the minor issues. And the BD is the highlight for me too, looks so good, but I will add the weather vain to my display.

Yeah I figured it would have with other members, just pisses me off. Thanks. Superglue it is! I wonder though, if enough of us complain perhaps in the future HTs will smarten up.

I don't think I have ever felt any of my collection without the gloves on, I feel like I should be on a crime scene with them on haha :rotfl. But I feel that my excessive hand sweat will ruin the figure, sweatest hands and back on the planet right here.

I haven't noticed the problem with mine tbh, but I did have to super glue one of the boots on my clean version as the strap had come unstuck.

No to all. Watch the movie, the HT helmet is clearly to small.

Wow, you're right... at least in relationship to Luke's head in the helmet it is quite small. I didn't notice it until I saw your pic; then I did a very quick and not so good comp to illustrate it.

lukecomp.jpg

Meh... It's a helmet from Luke's dream. He wasn't an **** fanboy collector so his subconscious was probably not very particular about scale.

:lol :lol :lol Very true :lol But, still interesting to think about. And WG was right... definitely an undersized helmet and Dome, but it still looks awesome so I'm not going to complain.

Well, if you only touch your figures while wearing special gloves, then I can see how the glue issue would be a big deal. . .

Pretty sure I had a similar unglued magnet issue with both my Sparrow and Lee DX figures.

Really glad to hear that the BD Luke seems to be the overall standout, as that was the look I always really wanted for primary display.

Likely to use the clean then to replace Tatooine Luke -- the glamor sculpt should work for that one. I rather like old bobblehead Jedi Luke as he is.

Wow, you're right... at least in relationship to Luke's head in the helmet it is quite small. I didn't notice it until I saw your pic; then I did a very quick and not so good comp to illustrate it.

lukecomp.jpg

Surprising since HT is usually known for making small heads, not large ones. This EX is extra cool and very symbolic probably the most important symbol in the OT)...but certainly not screen accurate.

Well, if you only touch your figures while wearing special gloves, then I can see how the glue issue would be a big deal. . .

Pretty sure I had a similar unglued magnet issue with both my Sparrow and Lee DX figures.

I'm just worried, and that all precautions are necessary. I'm also very clumsy, which has me worried when I start displaying them hahaha :lol

Now I am frightened to open Sparrow and Lee :slap haha

Back