Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great figure but i also have the magnet coming apart from the head and one of the pockets on his belt was unstuck out of the box, the glue they use must be really bad.

The magnet on the regular hair came off on mine, or maybe was never attached to begin with. It's there though, so I'll just glue it back into place.

Why didnt you just order direct from SSC ?

By buying from a UK based seller I saved about $170 in Customs and Fed Ex Fees over the two figures.

As I said it was a great price, I got it for $299 each + shipping (so more or less the same as US buyers).

Just wish the seller would get in touch.

Here are some crappy pics I took this morning for those who were curious about the size of the HT Vader dome and mask in comparison with others.

Hasbro - Sideshow - Hot Toys

HelmCompare2.jpg

HelmCompare.jpg

By buying from a UK based seller I saved about $170 in Customs and Fed Ex Fees over the two figures.

As I said it was a great price, I got it for $299 each + shipping (so more or less the same as US buyers).

$299 EACH???

How come it will be $170?
Most I have ever paid fedex costumes it comes to usually £40.

wow, those helmets are all over the place. the luke/vader head seemed pretty huge but i need to go look at my anh vader i guess.

How come it will be $170?
Most I have ever paid fedex costumes it comes to usually £40.

I worked this out by getting the full price of the two figs $598 and then finding the cost of 23% (the rate Irish Customs charge) so $137 plus approx $35 for Fed Ex fees. $175-ish give or take.

From the Visionary Director of THE DARK KNIGHT, and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES:

Christopher Nolan

Producer David S Goyer

and Creative Consultant/Studio Janitor George Lucas

Walt Disney Studios is proud to present:

Star Wars Episode VII : The Dark Jedi Knight Rises

Starring:

Harrison Ford as Fat Han Solo

Mark Hamill as Fat Luke Skywalker

Carrie Fisher as Fat Leia Organa

With Christian Bale as Angry C3P0

In Theaters March 25, 2015

Here are some crappy pics I took this morning for those who were curious about the size of the HT Vader dome and mask in comparison with others.

Hasbro - Sideshow - Hot Toys

HelmCompare2.jpg

HelmCompare.jpg

Thanks for taking those... man, it's really surprising how different the size is between the Sideshow and HT. Hasbro you'd figure to be huge, but the difference between these is quite substantial.

Just an apologist thought, but I wonder if the helmet used for the Vader/Luke head scene was smaller to accomodate the size of Hammil's head, which I assume would be smaller than Prowse? Also possible the Sideshow one is too big as well, but aside from his height I've always felt the rest of his proportions were quite good.

Meh... It's a helmet from Luke's dream. He wasn't an **** fanboy collector so his subconscious was probably not very particular about scale.

I'm just thinking out loud here but would you guys be worried if you paid $160 deposit ($80 each for two Ex DX 07 figures) to on online seller on July 4th and not heard a thing since the start of October and now the email address you had just bounces back.

On his last email he said he was going to Hong Kong to oversee the shipment and I could expect my item around the 14th of December and thats the last I heard from him.

I'm beginning to lose faith and feel that my money is gone.

He billed me through Pay Pal for the deposit but that was months ago now.

I would assume any seller who took your money in July would rip you off, simply because you have no recourse if they do! Always stay inside that 45 day window!

Just an apologist thought, but I wonder if the helmet used for the Vader/Luke head scene was smaller to accomodate the size of Hammil's head, which I assume would be smaller than Prowse? Also possible the Sideshow one is too big as well, but aside from his height I've always felt the rest of his proportions were quite good.

No to all. Watch the movie, the HT helmet is clearly to small.

mask23iq.jpg

Back