Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's something I'd be concerned about. Very concerned.

Or it could just be exactly what people have said.

All I have seen people saying is "I have the magnet problem" hence why I am asking, what magnet problem?

I'm just thinking out loud here but would you guys be worried if you paid $160 deposit ($80 each for two Ex DX 07 figures) to on online seller on July 4th and not heard a thing since the start of October and now the email address you had just bounces back.

On his last email he said he was going to Hong Kong to oversee the shipment and I could expect my item around the 14th of December and thats the last I heard from him.

I'm beginning to lose faith and feel that my money is gone.

He billed me through Pay Pal for the deposit but that was months ago now.

I'm just thinking out loud here but would you guys be worried if you paid $160 deposit ($80 each for two Ex DX 07 figures) to on online seller on July 4th and not heard a thing since the start of October and now the email address you had just bounces back.

On his last email he said he was going to Hong Kong to oversee the shipment and I could expect my item around the 14th of December and thats the last I heard from him.

Was he a "top rated seller"? If he's not I would be worried. If he was you should be ok.
Most of the big dealers have too much at stake to screw you over. They do it as a proper business, the smaller guys well, it's risky.
Name him? Most of the well known guys are known on here.

Was he a "top rated seller"? If he's not I would be worried. If he was you should be ok.
Most of the big dealers have too much at stake to screw you over. They do it as a proper business, the smaller guys well, it's risky.
Name him? Most of the well known guys are known on here.

He has a feedback score of 99.4% on ebay and over 325 transactions and has been a member of ebay since 2005.

Is that enough to trust someone or should I be worried?

I have just messaged him through his ebay account so hopefully I hear something soon, if not I'll be naming him here...if thats ok with the mods?

May the force be with you.

That's the inherent problem with eBay Hot Toy pre-orders. All POs miss their datelines nowadays and some POs take more than nine months to eventuate. POs on Luke started nearly 12 months ago and Tron took more than 18 months to turn up. POs on eBay are just too risky and it's better to pay extra to the bricks and mortar shop for a reliable and secure order.

He has a feedback score of 99.4% on ebay and over 325 transactions and has been a member of ebay since 2005.

Is that enough to trust someone or should I be worried?

I have just messaged him through his ebay account so hopefully I hear something soon, if not I'll be naming him here...if thats ok with the mods?

If he has a selling feedback (not buying) of 99.4% you should be ok, but thats not a definite obviously.
Is he still selling and active on ebay, right now? If not, beware.

Hope it works out ok for you.

It's just one of the two magnets in the head coming unstuck. It's happened before on the DX's. I wouldn't worry about it.

Yep, happened on both heads, but easy enough to fix. What was a bit more annoying were the magnetic disks that hold the holster strap closed. Both of those had weak glue, and the strap came off the magnet upon first tug.

I love this set. I really do, but it's easy to see which corners HT cut to get it here at this price.

****ty pics was in a hurry.

001-4.jpg

012-2.jpg

011.jpg

010-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hw6j6DF7rbY[/ame]

If he has a selling feedback (not buying) of 99.4% you should be ok, but thats not a definite obviously.
Is he still selling and active on ebay, right now? If not, beware.

Hope it works out ok for you.

Thanks Rorywan,

He has only sold 65 items and has 100% feedback as a seller.

As a seller he has feedback from selling two HT DX 2.0 Jokers in August and also some Medi Boba Fetts and Jangos in the last few months.

He has no items on Ebay right now but he did change his ebay user name on the 13th of Oct.

Hopefully he comes back to me with a response.

VERY NICE! Love the set! (Batteries already dead on the weather vane though. Don't care as i will never use it really anyway)

I'm in 1/6 heaven.

May the force be with you.

That's the inherent problem with eBay Hot Toy pre-orders. All POs miss their datelines nowadays and some POs take more than nine months to eventuate. POs on Luke started nearly 12 months ago and Tron took more than 18 months to turn up. POs on eBay are just too risky and it's better to pay extra to the bricks and mortar shop for a reliable and secure order.

I agree Red Wolf but over here in Ireland I cant find anywhere that stocks HT stuff.

I have had a few scares using online Pre Orders but I really wanted the Exclusive so I ordered two DX 07 with him as he had a great price on it.

Should have known it was too good to be true.

Thanks guys. I really, really dig the BD figure. Forget the regular Luke figure, forget the weather vane, the BD figure is what makes the set. Sure, there could be some improvements, and Rory already showed us what some weathering can do for this figure. I wish the bd hair piece was more complicated in it's sculpt though, maybe some gaps and stray strands here or there. Would help the realism.

I agree Red Wolf but over here in Ireland I cant find anywhere that stocks HT stuff.

I have had a few scares using online Pre Orders but I really wanted the Exclusive so I ordered two DX 07 with him as he had a great price on it.

Should have known it was too good to be true.

Why didnt you just order direct from SSC ?

Back