Hot Toys DX Bespin Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mech test clearly had two layers of cardboard behind it, not just one big backdrop. Plus the mech test backdrop didnt sport the HT logo

The Mech Test has a one piece cardboard backdrop with two folds, not two layers.

My ideal backdrop for this figure would be a large print of R.McQuarrie's production painting:
pC8Bc.jpg

Most recent releases that had a window display backdrop similar to the Luke DX didnt come with the backdrop [supes, bats, jack].
Yeah, my example was just to show that HT has used custom backdrops with their display pieces, but more recent ones had those that looked more like background dioramas even though the figures weren't released with them. So far, I'm pretty sure that the only figures released with a cardboard backdrop (Mech Test Tony, Bruce Lee, Godfather, Indy, etc.) had the backdrop included in the solicitation pictures and description. That isn't the case with Luke, so my bet is that it will not come with one.

I'm going to pick up an extra set :) I think this is probably my most anticipated figure of the year.

It should be the SW line is finally gonna get some REAL quality. (overdue)

SS has put out some ok stuff, but nothing like this! My most anticipated figure of the year so far, and i don't see how anything will beat it for me.
Hi, guys! Well, I completely agree with you both, because I´m really looking forward to this figure, that will be my first Hot Toys and I certainly hope not the last. :clap

It won't be the last. :)

Well since they're already charging $300 I'd prefer that they include as much as possible. Then I can be the one to decide if it gets used or discarded. :)

Two HT Star Wars figures for $150 each isn't cheap enough for you already?

Don't be a baby bird Khev. :nono

I liked that Zazzle idea but they really crop a lot off the sides. You can't even see the Falcon in their sample screen

For what it's worth, that kind of depends.

If one were to order it at it's "native" size (23.51"x10.21"), there's no cropping at all; It's only when it's formatted to a standard frame size via the drop-down menu (like to 6"x4" or 16"x12") that it starts to crop things out. Even then, you can always scootch the image over a bit and change the framing yourself through the "Customize It!" option.

Likewise, if you figure out the scaled dimensions yourself, you can opt to order it at a custom size. For instance, you can have it printed at 13"x5.65" (or whatever you like) through "Choose your own size" at the bottom of the drop down menu and not lose any of the image.

I'm just saying - to whomever is interested - it might be worth another look. :)

It won't be the last. :)

Two HT Star Wars figures for $150 each isn't cheap enough for you already?

Don't be a baby bird Khev. :nono

I was thinking about this last night; HT Indy was $240. HT Luke is only $60 more and you get an additional head, body and full uniform with weapons. It's a deal, when you think about it!

Well since they're already charging $300 I'd prefer that they include as much as possible. Then I can be the one to decide if it gets used or discarded. :)

this is true good sir.

i wonder what the box will look like. Will it keep with the same charcoal/greyish design on the front or will there be something special with this being their first SW figure

this is true good sir.

i wonder what the box will look like. Will it keep with the same charcoal/greyish design on the front or will there be something special with this being their first SW figure

If I were HT I would be pulling out all the stops for the first SW release, holding nothing back, dress to impress, so forth and so on.

Back